Trip Report: Majesty of the Seas 5/9-5/13

Thanks for whetting my appetite for a 50th birthday cruise on her in a couple of weeks.

Superb photos, well done!

I take it you don't like mustard?

_MG_4834.jpg

No, not a fan of mustard at all :p

Happy 50th birthday and have a wonderful time on your cruise!!

Hi,

I am doing the exact same thing in October, for the exact same reason. I have a question. How did you get to FLL from Miami? You said you rented a car from Avis. How was that? How did you get to the car rental?

Excellent pictures. It reminds me of Monarch, and CoCo Cay looks very peaceful.

Happy 50th birthday and have a wonderful time on your cruise!!

Thank you, that is very kind.

I feel like an old git, but will still be the first one on the Flowriders!;)

Hi,

I am doing the exact same thing in October, for the exact same reason. I have a question. How did you get to FLL from Miami? You said you rented a car from Avis. How was that? How did you get to the car rental?

Excellent pictures. It reminds me of Monarch, and CoCo Cay looks very peaceful.

We took a private car outside FLL airport to Miami. Company name is Go Shuttle. It was $70 for 2. There's also shared ride available outside the airport also provided by Go Shuttle but I don't know how much it costs.

We rented a car after Majesty. We took a cab from the port to Avis. We paid no more than $15 for the taxi ride. We looked for coupon codes online and booked it online.

Have a great time on your cruise in November!

Thank you, that is very kind.

I feel like an old git, but will still be the first one on the Flowriders!;)

50 is not old. I'm not even 30 and I go on the flowrider due to my bad back.

Great pictures. We're on the Majesty ion October and you've done a great job wetting my appetite. I'm also toying with the idea of a new camera and by the looks of your pictures I'd have to say that a Canon T1i is now at the top of my list.

I've never been on Majesty/Monarch or on this itinerary. Since I really want to go to Key West some day, I think I might have to book a cruise on her! Always thought it would be a nice "girls-getaway", and after seeing your pix, I might have to talk some friends into going with me. :)

Great pictures. We're on the Majesty ion October and you've done a great job wetting my appetite. I'm also toying with the idea of a new camera and by the looks of your pictures I'd have to say that a Canon T1i is now at the top of my list.

There are actually a few higher model than the t1i, there's the t2i, t3i, even a canon xs or xsi will do good. I say, its all about the lens. Upgrade to a faster aperature lens than will help with low light shots and lots and lots of practice.

Oh yeah, good thing about stopping in Key West for us since we are Canadians, We clear customs in Key West. So the next day your number gets called just exit pick up your luggage and go.

Your pictures and review were sooooooooooo amazing!!! Hoping to go on this sailing in September so it was great to read all about it. Got me so, so excited!

Thanks again for the time and effort you put forward for your fellow cruisers.

E-Beth

Hey! you should come over to the Meet and Mingle board for this cruise!! The more people the better!:)

I am so totally amazed at how great you have made the Majesty look! What kind of camera and lens are you using? Your pictures should be in RC brochures because they are some of the best pics I've ever seen! We've sailed the Majesty 4x and love the old girl.

Only one mistake in your trip though: next time you are in Nassau, skip the touristy (and horrible food of) Senor Frog's, hail a cab and have them take you to "Fish Fry." It's about a five minute drive from the port. It is a street lined with several restaurants, some of them not more than shacks, but some of the best food (seafood) you will ever have. It's totally a local thing and so not the corporate Senor Frog's. You will thank me once you've been there. Personal fave? Goldie's has a couple of incredible "specialty" drinks that will floor you if you're not careful!

I am so totally amazed at how great you have made the Majesty look! What kind of camera and lens are you using? Your pictures should be in RC brochures because they are some of the best pics I've ever seen! We've sailed the Majesty 4x and love the old girl.

Only one mistake in your trip though: next time you are in Nassau, skip the touristy (and horrible food of) Senor Frog's, hail a cab and have them take you to "Fish Fry." It's about a five minute drive from the port. It is a street lined with several restaurants, some of them not more than shacks, but some of the best food (seafood) you will ever have. It's totally a local thing and so not the corporate Senor Frog's. You will thank me once you've been there. Personal fave? Goldie's has a couple of incredible "specialty" drinks that will floor you if you're not careful!

I used a Canon T1i with a sigma 10-20 and 34mm lens. We loved the Majesty and don't mind sailing on her again.

We were thinking of going to fish fry but it was so hot (90°F) that day and we walked from the port to the southern most point so we decided to head back to the ship as quick as we can to cool off. We'll try it the next time we're around. Thanks for the tip!

I used a Canon T1i with a sigma 10-20 and 34mm lens. We loved the Majesty and don't mind sailing on her again.

We were thinking of going to fish fry but it was so hot (90°F) that day and we walked from the port to the southern most point so we decided to head back to the ship as quick as we can to cool off. We'll try it the next time we're around. Thanks for the tip!

I was just reading my reply again and realized I mixed up Nassau and Key West oops...we'll keep your tip in mind next time we're around.

Excellent review. Majesty is one of my favorite ships. What I really love besides Compass Deli is the stop in Key West.

A great suggestion for Key West - bike rentals. They are a great way to get around

Seriously, your pictures are jaw dropping!

As for Fish Fry, you really should check it out. After you've been to Nassau and done all of the toursity stuff, it's nice to eat where the locals eat. Plus, once a year, there is a huge festival right near there called Junkanoo that is out of this world. Keep Fish Fry in mind for the next time you're in Nassau. You'll love it.

As for the heat, we live in SWFLA so 90 doesn't scare us much. It's been in the mid 90's for the past week or so, and won't really change much until October! You get used to it. Lots of water!

Seriously, your pictures are jaw dropping!

As for Fish Fry, you really should check it out. After you've been to Nassau and done all of the toursity stuff, it's nice to eat where the locals eat. Plus, once a year, there is a huge festival right near there called Junkanoo that is out of this world. Keep Fish Fry in mind for the next time you're in Nassau. You'll love it.

As for the heat, we live in SWFLA so 90 doesn't scare us much. It's been in the mid 90's for the past week or so, and won't really change much until October! You get used to it. Lots of water!

So the fishfry should be easy to walk to in October?

Thank you so much for these review - and all the wonderfull pictures:)

I really look forward to do these cruise in August - is would certainly be different from that we have here in Scandinavia.

fish fry, they say its an easy walk, but factor in humidity and the sun. it felt like forever. junkanoo beach was the farthest we walked to. considering we came across some shaddy local. so we decided to just have our conch close to port..

DH and I walked to Atlantis when we sailed on Majesty in March. It was very long walk and very hot. I would never do it again. We were gonna try the fish fry, but after the long walk to Atlantis we decided against it. We decided on the crepes in the Compass deli. I would love to have another crepe infact. We just sailed on the Monarch (sister ship) Memorial week. Didn't really like it as much as the Majesty. Majesty it is for me!:)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your photos are just incredible! I am so looking forward to being on the Majesty in 10 days!

We are defiantly walking to the fish fry in Nassau and eating crepes on the ship. This will be our 20th cruise but the first on the Majesty, we loved the Sovereign and sailed on her several times. I much prefer the smaller ships over the newer large ones. Although my last sailing was on the Queen Mary2 and she is a beautiful ship.

Thanks for such a wonderful review with such awesome pictures!!

Archived