Adventure Ocean age "enforcement"?

They are pretty strict with the different age groups. I don't think that they will allow them to intermingle.

Really?

I came here to ask this question about the younger groups. My son will be 1 month from being 6 and would like to be with his 7 yr old brother. Bummer if he can't.

Really?

I came here to ask this question about the younger groups. My son will be 1 month from being 6 and would like to be with his 7 yr old brother. Bummer if he can't.

It wouldn't hurt to ask, but I've heard that they wouldn't allow it. Being as your son will be so close to the next age group, perhaps they will make an exception.

On Disney they had about 3 months leeway in either direction. I'd be surprised if AO didn't have a similar policy, especially with a sib in the other group. The only place I can see where they'd be real sticklers is where the age difference means a big change in activities and or supervision. For instance there couldn't be any leeway with a less than 3 yo, and unfortunately the next cutoff is that 12- where under 12 must be signed out/ supervised, but 12 and up can come and go. But I haven't used AO, but agree with the others, I'd approach the head counselor as soon as you check in. They know kids are happier with their sibs, and are likely to let you if they see your child can handle it!If the give you a hard time I'd ask...

WHY NOT! Don't kids get to enjoy their vacation also???

How different answers can be! I asked the same question...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=29290096&posted=1#post29290096

My daughter will be a couple months over and into a new group, but will probably want to stay with her younger sister! We will see what they say. If they want repeat customers then they will probably just deal with it, and let the age difference go.

It just depends on the staff ... sometimes rules are stretched, but they have rules they can quote if they are uncomfortable/unwilling to make exceptions. I'd imagine it's a tough spot for that job ... they need to look after the well-being of the whole group as well as try to make the customers happy.

How different answers can be! I asked the same question...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=29290096&posted=1#post29290096

My daughter will be a couple months over and into a new group, but will probably want to stay with her younger sister! We will see what they say. If they want repeat customers then they will probably just deal with it, and let the age difference go.

There is a huge difference between what you would like to do and what the OP of this threads wants to do. I think you will have an easier time moving a child down to the 6-8 yr old group. Trying to move a child up from Adventure Ocean into the Teen Group who is 6 months away from being eligible, is not likely to happen. The areas run pretty independent of each other.

There is a huge difference between what you would like to do and what the OP of this threads wants to do. I think you will have an easier time moving a child down to the 6-8 yr old group. Trying to move a child up from Adventure Ocean into the Teen Group who is 6 months away from being eligible, is not likely to happen. The areas run pretty independent of each other.

All I meant is that we both have a thread going with the same topic... :confused:

All I meant is that we both have a thread going with the same topic... :confused:

I understand, same topic but very different circumstances though.:)

The areas used by the teen groups are completely separate from the areas used by the Adventure Ocean groups. They allow kids to move between the Adventure Ocean groups more frequently than the older groups. In this instance, an 11 yr old is at a very different maturity level than a 17 yr old. Personally, I think the 12 yr olds shouldn't even be in the teen group but that is just my opinion.:)

I sure hope they make exceptions! We are cruising on NOS in March....DD will have just turned 9 and DS will have just turned 6 and I'm quite sure they will want to be together. Hopefully they will let DD stay in the 6-8 age group. There's no way my son will stay with strangers without sissy:eek:

Archived