Restaurant suggestions in San Juan?

kiwipav

Go the Parrott Club in OSJ. Any shopkeeper can tell you how to get there. It's authentic and a classy, fun place! Try the passionfruit margarita and the mojito. For food, a real Puerto Rican treat is mofongo.:cool:

Two of our favorite restaurants are on Calle Fortaleza, 3 blocks from the pier in Old San Juan, are Dragonfly - which features Asian Caribbean Fusion Cuisine, and Tantra - which features Indian Caribbean Fusion Cuisine. (Both of the these restaurants are accross the street from Parrot Club)

We ALWAYS hit either of these two whenever we are in San Juan. Both are very popular. Great intimate atmosphere and both serve some of the best non-traditional Martini's we have ever had.

One important note - The vast majority of restaurants on San Juan(including Dragonfly and Tantra) have dress codes. No shorts, no t-shirts etc...for men khakis and polos etc... are fine. We have seen many cruise ship passengers turned away due to not having worn the proper attire for the night out.

San Juan is one of our favorite Ports of Call when cruising, and one of our favorite weekend getaways(we live in Ft lauderdale).

Enjoy!

Gary

I third the Parrot Club! Have eaten there several times and always have memorable meal and experience. The main room has entertainment (Latin combo). If you want a more quiet atmosphere ask to be seated on the Terrace! You need to make reservations!

No one has mentioned the Panorama Restaurant, it's in the Hotel Milano in Old San Juan. We have been there twice and loved the meal, drinks (fresh made sangria) and view. It has a rooftop terrace, not a perfect view of the ocean, but it's great to be outside. We are planning to go there again next Saturday!

Here is a web page with picutres of inside and rooftop view.

http://www.hotelmilanopr.com/f1.htm

I would also recommend Ajilli Mojilli. It is a favorite of ours! Excellent regional dishes.

We also ate here last October and had a fabulous meal of Mofongo. Definitely a real treat. We are going to try Parrot Club when we go back this October.

Tio Danny's was very good. It was also on Calle Fortelenza. Danny speaks very good english and the food was very good- its a more intimate place. Also I believe the Chart House which was mentioned earlier is no longer there-- but I agree it was very good.

Here are some excellent choices (all in the Condado area):

Red Snapper, Ajili Mojili (already mentioned as an excellent choice),

Yerba Buena (I swear they have the best Mojitos in the world) and

Pamelas(a short taxi ride from Condado, but still nearby).The Chart House, as someone mentioned, is no longer there. Enjoy!

Archived