All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

LOL ya American Graffiti is a recent movie. no they dont play recent movies in the screening room. i just got home today and they played grudge match, american graffiti, wreck it ralph and some other kid movies. most uncomfortable seats i've ever sat in and teen coming in and out made it a waste of time. otherwise it was a terrific cruise!

My favorite is Explorer, but if Princess had a almost or newer ship in the Northeast, we would be on it. Don't pelt me with stones, but I really have started to prefer them. I'm glad the Liberty will be in Cape Liberty next year, we will try a cruise on her. And then a Canada, new England cruise n the fall. Not sure which ship they will have in Bayonne for that one. And I'm looking forward to a new ship here as well.

My favorite is Explorer, but if Princess had a almost or newer ship in the Northeast, we would be on it. Don't pelt me with stones, but I really have started to prefer them. I'm glad the Liberty will be in Cape Liberty next year, we will try a cruise on her. And then a Canada, new England cruise n the fall. Not sure which ship they will have in Bayonne for that one. And I'm looking forward to a new ship here as well.

New England/Canada Liberty Oct. 8 2015 Cape Liberty.

I've never been on a Princess ship but I would try it. I don't really have a favorite line. I like trying ships I haven't been on before. I will go on Liberty one day & am looking forward to Anthem being in NJ. I am really wanting to try a huge new ship like Anthem! Also looking at Holland Westerdam. Of course that requires flying which I haven't done in years!

Just noticed you are on EOS today. Lucky you. Have a great time.

What is breakfast in the MDR like? Is it the same menu every day or does it change? Is it offered every day or only at sea days? How long does seating/serving usually take? Is quality of food noticeably different than windjammer? Thank you! :-)

Here is a typical breakfast menu from the MDR thanks to Linda:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40358692&postcount=9

The "Ultimates" part changes daily. MDR breakfast is offered every day, including disembarkation day.

Edited by clarea

What is breakfast in the MDR like? Is it the same menu every day or does it change? Is it offered every day or only at sea days? How long does seating/serving usually take? Is quality of food noticeably different than windjammer? Thank you! :-)
We thought it was worth waking up early for. :)

We usually arrived within 10 minutes of opening time, and we were seated immediately. Our dinner waiter was so good that we always requested him upon entering the MDR for breakfast and lunch. If you come in later, their station might be full.

We thought serving times were very reasonable. It took a little longer for a specialty omelet, but it was not significantly longer. Of course, all of this is based on us arriving close to opening time. Sorry I don't have times to share with you, but I tried not to watch the clock any more than necessary.

Check breakfast and lunch times daily since times will vary.

I have noticed that some balconies on the Explorer have glass partitions between them on one side. Can anyone clarify if those are the D1, D2 balconies or E1, E2 balconies? and which ones?

There are very few of those, and I don't think they can be classified by category. The vast majority have all steel walls.

There are very few of those, and I don't think they can be classified by category. The vast majority have all steel walls.

Thanks. I kind of like the steel wall balconies:) so was wondering.

Any thoughts about cabins: 7546, 8230, 9668, 9364, if given a choice? Which one would YOU go with and why? Appreciate your advice.

Edited by Arzeena

Thanks. I kind of like the steel wall balconies:) so was wondering.

Any thoughts about cabins: 7546, 8230, 9668, 9364, if given a choice? Which one would YOU go with and why? Appreciate your advice.

I normally would favor deck 9, but the choices on deck 9 are a bit more aft than I like, so in this case I'd go with 7546 because of the convenience to the elevators/stairs.

Hey fellow Explorer lovers, I'll be on board this weekend and I was wondering if anyone knows what the current shows and movies are running on board

There are production shows that are the same every cruise, but the headliners usually change every cruise.

Dave,

RCI sent me the following re. the 8/9/14 sailing.

The entertainment lineup is as follows:

-- Rick Novell, Headliner, Juggler

-- Larissa Sherman, Ice Act – Star Act

-- Anthony Michael, Schooner Bar Entertainer

-- Bernie Griffith, Pub Guitarist

-- Don Gavin, Comedian

-- Sam Fedele, Comedian

Additionally, the production shows scheduled are Wild, Cool & Swingin’,

Invitation to Dance and Fast Forward. The parades are Sail Away and

Royalpallooza. The ice shows are Spirits of the Seasons, The Ice Spectacular and

BLADES! The Ice Challenge

Hope this helps.

Lang

Norwich I am also on that sailing. Is anyone concerned about the hurricane? I am a bit nervous. I have never sailed from Cape Liberty and this was a concern of mine from the moment I booked. I am wondering how rough the seas are following a hurricane passing so closely to time of sailing?