Celebrity suites on Solstice class

Cruising89143

We were on the Eclipse this time last year to the Canaries.We had cabin no 1618 and it was fab .The balcony was one of the bigger ones so much so that we could get an additional sun lounger ( it already has one sun lounger plus a table for four ) .

This year we are sailing on the Solstice and have booked no 1110 the same size of balcony . The other Celebrity suites I think are are the same size internally its just the balconies that are bigger .

Enjoy

Liz

Cruisingator2

We stayed in 1110 last year on Celebrity Solstice. You will think you arrived in heaven when you see that balcony. We were in a Royal Suite in Feb. this year and the balcony was great but not a patch on 1110. The cabin in a Royal suite is heaven but a Celebrity suite is great too.

1110 had my all time favourite balcony.

CJ

Phil,

You have stayed on some great balconies-I was looking at your cabin pics.

If you take a look at your Constellation CC7208 pic looking toward cabin and draw a line from the pole support( beside 2nd chair on right) to the railing on left side of pic(not in view in pic) and then double(or almost double) the width, you will have a good idea of the size of balcony on 1110.

Also great views from balcony because of hump location.

CJ

We decided on a Suite and we are in 1237 on the May 30th sailing. We never really take the suites since we are out of the room most of the day but it is my DH 60th so we felt we would splurge. Can't wait.

We decided on a Suite and we are in 1237 on the May 30th sailing. We never really take the suites since we are out of the room most of the day but it is my DH 60th so we felt we would splurge. Can't wait.

Ivori, we are in 1237 this September 29th. I plan to take a number of photos and will post some on Cruise Critic when we return.

While this is my suite of choice on Solstice class ships, I rarely use the balcony....I enjoy crashing out the the L shape couch and watching movies after a day of sightseeing or on the beach! I have had the big balconies and the small balconies and both were fine...the bigger is MUCH bigger.

The only negative about this suite was that the bedroom has a frosted window to the living room....so even with the blinds closed in the living room when the sun rises the bedroom gets light early on....I dislike this very much! There is no way to shut the light from living room to bedroom short of hanging a sheet up to block it. If you are a light sleeper and like DARK..... it is a no go.

Celebrity suites on Millenium class with no balcony had the bedroom in the back so when you shut the door....it was DARK as long as you had your bathroom door closed. You could really sleep in that room.

Happy Sails!

I cannot recall any problem with the light as long as the curtains in the suite were fully closed . I am a light sleeper and often at home in Scotland I cannot get back to sleep after the sun rises. And at this time of the year that is really early !! Try 4.30 when the birds start the early dawn corus !

We have just paid our cruise a couple of days ago now and I always think that seems so much closer now although still 13 week away not that I am counting or anything ! .

Liz

I cannot recall any problem with the light as long as the curtains in the suite were fully closed . I am a light sleeper and often at home in Scotland I cannot get back to sleep after the sun rises. And at this time of the year that is really early !! Try 4.30 when the birds start the early dawn corus !

We have just paid our cruise a couple of days ago now and I always think that seems so much closer now although still 13 week away not that I am counting or anything ! .

Liz

That's a good feeling. We cruise three weeks from today. :)

Archived