On Board Celebrity Summit and I just HAD to share this story

LauraS

That is not correct. All concierge class cabins on the M class have dining tables on the balconies. I've sailed in them several times. You should have had one in your sky suite as well.

Not trying to argue but Sky Suite 6121 0n the Millenium April 18 from San Juan had 2 chairs 2 ottomans and a cocktail size table. One of threads mentioned the best thing to do transiting the canal was to order breakfast around 9 am and have it on your balcony during the lake transit - well we ate inside the cabin on the coffee table because it was bigger than the table on the balcony!

Not trying to argue but Sky Suite 6121 0n the Millenium April 18 from San Juan had 2 chairs 2 ottomans and a cocktail size table. One of threads mentioned the best thing to do transiting the canal was to order breakfast around 9 am and have it on your balcony during the lake transit - well we ate inside the cabin on the coffee table because it was bigger than the table on the balcony!

That's ashame because you should have had a large dining table at which you could dine. I'm wondering if something happened to the regular table and they simply replaced it with one of the smaller cocktail size table?

Jo-Ann

I have to comment on this thread. My husband and I booked a Celebrity Suite on the Summit and were very pleased with the suite. However, my husband, who had a stroke and is right side affected could not raise his leg to get into the tub which is very deep. The butler was concerned and housekeeping manager who had their carpentry staff build some stairs to help him. I consider this above and beyond the call of duty.

I agree, that was very nice of Celebrity to take care of this issue for your DH. Are there no handicapped Celebrity Suites? I'm guessing not, but glad to hear Celebrity came through for you.

Jo-Ann

That's ashame because you should have had a large dining table at which you could dine. I'm wondering if something happened to the regular table and they simply replaced it with one of the smaller cocktail size table?

Jo-Ann

Hey, thanks Jo-Ann for your reply - we still had a great time on the cruise so a little table issue is no biggie!

R

Well, as someone mentioned, the tables on the balcony are small "coffee table height". Plus, there was a small "dining table" height table. The issue that you are missing is that this person was in a specific motorized wheelchair with a specific table height that would be necessary for him to fully enjoy the balcony usage. And Celebrity made sure of it, by building him a specific table to the specifications for HIS PERSONAL motorized wheelchair.

That is awesome. :)

Kudos to the staff of the Summit.

We also noted that the staff of the Summit were at the top of their class during our cruise this past April.

• Administrators

As promised, here is the table specifically made for the height of a passenger's specific, custom motorized wheelchair:

table-on-summit.jpg

Archived