What to do?

perlgirlnj

Before we can figure out the specifics on what to do on a possible Turkish/Greek cruise, I've got to figure out what people do in general in these ports. My husband said to me, "What is there to do?" and I don't know the answer. Short of reading every single post, can people give me a general idea of what to do in these ports: (e.g. beaches, ancient sites, history, general sightseeing, etc.)

Kos:

Santorini:

Mykonos:

Aiginia:

Thanks for a general idea of what these places are about.

have you thought about borrowing some travel books from the library and learning what these places have to offer? There are even books specific to cruising. I bought "Mediterranean by Cruise Ship' by Ann Vipond. It provides info on the cruiselines, the ports, as well as interesting sights and activities. It was a great resource.

I've got several books on request at the library but since time is short and CC'ers are a wonderful resource, I was hoping to get a head start on my research here. I've found both sources of info to be very helpful in the past.

A good first stop: http://www.cruisereviews.com/port/150/Greece/

Than google or wiki :D

Or if you are oldfashion books and travel guides from your local library and bookstore ;)

Before we can figure out the specifics on what to do on a possible Turkish/Greek cruise, I've got to figure out what people do in general in these ports. My husband said to me, "What is there to do?" and I don't know the answer. Short of reading every single post, can people give me a general idea of what to do in these ports: (e.g. beaches, ancient sites, history, general sightseeing, etc.)

Kos:

Santorini:

Mykonos:

Aiginia:

Thanks for a general idea of what these places are about.

I've got several books on request at the library but since time is short and CC'ers are a wonderful resource, I was hoping to get a head start on my research here. I've found both sources of info to be very helpful in the past.

This gives a quick idea of Santorini

Archived