entertainment reservations

Is anyone else having trouble making entertainment reservations for the August 7th cruise? I called RC and they said it isn't posted yet, but I am worried that people are using other means to make reservations. Any suggestions?

Is anyone else having trouble making entertainment reservations for the August 7th cruise? I called RC and they said it isn't posted yet, but I am worried that people are using other means to make reservations. Any suggestions?

Nittany 68

I had trouble making dinner and entertainment reservations for our June 19th cruise. Our daughter used a diffrent browser, and she was able to make the reservations. I don't know enough about the technical process, but I do know several others have mentioned theissue on other posts.

Nittany 68

I had trouble making dinner and entertainment reservations for our June 19th cruise. Our daughter used a diffrent browser, and she was able to make the reservations. I don't know enough about the technical process, but I do know several others have mentioned theissue on other posts.

The entertainment reservations are not available yet for this cruise for some reason. As far as making other reservations I have to use Google Chrome browser for dining. Dining reservations do not work with Firefox, at least for me.

If the reservations are not open for booking then no one is making reservations.

Ive phoned them several times including today. The UK RCCL just say it not up to them its dealt with else where . Their advice is to keep checking every day and it may be as late as 3 weeks before departure.:mad:

My frustration is that we are not reaping the benefits of booking early and paying the full price .

Ive phoned them several times including today. The UK RCCL just say it not up to them its dealt with else where . Their advice is to keep checking every day and it may be as late as 3 weeks before departure.:mad:

My frustration is that we are not reaping the benefits of booking early and paying the full price .

Not sure why you're so upset. It has been this way from the beginning of the Oasis entering service. There is no firm date when the bookings open. The RCI rep was correct. You have to keep checking back on the website. Once the bookings open, everyone has the same chance to book the shows.

We're also on the Aug 7th cruise and have called and told the same thing "Just try every day" which I do :)...

I'm not worried more like just curious as to what makes the difference between being able to book 60-90 days out and now under 60 days and still nothing. Don't they just push a button to open the bookings? :D

Not sure why you're so upset. It has been this way from the beginning of the Oasis entering service. There is no firm date when the bookings open. The RCI rep was correct. You have to keep checking back on the website. Once the bookings open, everyone has the same chance to book the shows.

Because thats not what I was told when I booked nearly 12mths ago. In fact the opposite I was told it often becomes available early.

It just would be nice to tick one more thing off the list that is sorted - thats all it is really, just getting a bit eager .

Sometimes it is a technical issue, and sometimes RCI is trying to adjust the entertainment schedule and just don't have it straightened out yet. I know it is frustrating. Hang in there and unfortunately "keep checking everyday" :rolleyes:

I do also remember seeing on the boards that Firefox usually does seem to have problems with reservations.

The entertainment reservations are not available yet for this cruise for some reason. As far as making other reservations I have to use Google Chrome browser for dining. Dining reservations do not work with Firefox, at least for me.

Same for me - I am on the 25th of September sailing of the Allure. I went in with Firefox and the reservations would not CONFIRM. It is an issue in the coding with the drop down menus. I then opened up the website in Internet Explorer and had no issues, made all dining reservations. The entertainment is still not opened. I wrote to the tech department concerning this, have not heard back from them.

Hi all - We are also on the Aug 7 Allure of the Seas. I called yesterday and was told they plan entertainment in three-month blocks. We just got "unlucky" because the Aug. 7 is the first cruise in a new three-month block - so it will be posted at the same time as cruises later than us. Meaning later cruises in the block will get more than 60 days' notice, but we get less. She also told me to expect something around June 15 - although I'm still checking every day.

On dining, I have been able to book dining arrangemets for a long time now. I did that at least two months ago with no problems.

There is a tour group putting on a "seminar at sea and musical festival" during our sailing, which concerned me, but the RCL rep said it would not affect any of the normal entertaiment and venues. I didn't know about the tour group until last week when I was doing some searches to figure out why the entertainment isn't posted yet.

Any words of wisdom when you cruise with a group on board? I've been very excited about this cruise (our first cruise ever!) and had this trip booked for my family (me, DH, three kids - 12, 10, 7) since January. I have to admit knowing there is a large group has me a bit nervous.

Hi all - We are also on the Aug 7 Allure of the Seas. I called yesterday and was told they plan entertainment in three-month blocks. We just got "unlucky" because the Aug. 7 is the first cruise in a new three-month block - so it will be posted at the same time as cruises later than us. Meaning later cruises in the block will get more than 60 days' notice, but we get less. She also told me to expect something around June 15 - although I'm still checking every day.

I will be on the Allure the last week in your three-month block (October 30). I will start checking earlier than I would have, because of your post. Thank you! This is why I love CC :D

I would suggest checking a couple of times a day. We are on the Allure 2 weeks from today and our reservations were not available when I checked one morning @ 8Am but then I happened to check again @ 3 that afternoon and they were!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all - We are also on the Aug 7 Allure of the Seas.

There is a tour group putting on a "seminar at sea and musical festival" during our sailing, which concerned me, but the RCL rep said it would not affect any of the normal entertaiment and venues. I didn't know about the tour group until last week when I was doing some searches to figure out why the entertainment isn't posted yet.

Any words of wisdom when you cruise with a group on board? I've been very excited about this cruise (our first cruise ever!) and had this trip booked for my family (me, DH, three kids - 12, 10, 7) since January. I have to admit knowing there is a large group has me a bit nervous.

Hi come visit us on the thread for the Aug 7th Sailing :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1345387

as for the tour group onboard not to worry... if anythng they will add to the entertainment onboard...I have cruised with them before and they bring excellent bands, comedians and other entertainers with them...they are normally an addition to the regular RCCL entertainers not instead of them...the group is normally made up of doctors and other professionals

what exactly are you nervous about?

please join our thread for the August 7th sailing of Allure...it's a fun bunch...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1345387

Archived