Summitt Aft Cabin #7208

golferwomen2

Cabin #7208 just came up and have a question about about the location.

The Penthouse Suite is just below our cabin and wanted to know if anyone has had problem with noise from those cabins since they have such large balconys.

We have room #8046 would you change cabins?

Thanks, Connie

We've had #7208 on Summit and other M-Class ships. A great Aft cabin! You'll love the large balcony and the quiet location. And don't worry about having the Penthouse below you. Chances are you won't hear or see a thing. Enjoy it!

We've stayed in that cabin, but on a different M class ship. On that cruise we were unlucky enough to be there when the penthouse deck was undergoing refurbishment Click here so I'd be lying if I told you I was never bothered with noise from the penthouse below!

With that said we've stayed on the 7th floor aft on other M class cruises and never had anyone staying in the penthouse that was so noisy they bothered us.

That is a great cabin in a great location. Go for it ASAP. You'll love it.

We were on the Summit in 7206 and you are overlooking the penthouse but we never even saw anyone out there. We were even more centralized over it than what your cabin would be. The Balcony was incredible. I wish I knew how to post pictures of it as I am guessing it was 15 +/- feet deep, maybe closer to 20. You have a really nice enclosed metal wall then a canvas type top with an open part at the end. The only downside is I really don't like the aft view as much as the side view but I would definitely book that cabin again if I could. I also believe deck 7 has the largest of the aft balconies. We were told that garbage can end up on your balcony from above. We did get a couple napkins but thats it. I was surprised that the wind didnt blow it farther out so don't be surprised if something ends up landing there.

Absolutely take 7208. We were in it in February. IMO the only non-suite cabin that's better is 7212, but that's the accessible cabin. You're on the aft, as close to center as possible, three decks removed from the aft bar. I'd be more concerned about noise from above staying on deck 8 than from below staying on deck 7. That said, you could end up with a bunch of party animals in the PH below, but these tend to be older, more sedate cruisers-- they're typically the ones who can afford it. Besides, you might get friendly with the folks below in the PH (either one), and maybe they'll invite you down to see it.

Like you, I was a bit concerned about what our neighbors would be like. We boarded late, so didn't get much of a chance to hang out on the balcony the first night, what with getting some dinner, going to the separate muster drill for those that missed the regular one, and meeting some of our roll call members. The next morning, we were docked in St. Croix, and I strolled out to the glorious balcony to soak it all in. Below were several people, including ship's staff, clustered around a table with a sunshade covering it. I could not make out conversation, but figured that X goes all out in welcoming their VIP guests. None of my business, anyway. Before long, a man joined them wearing a shirt that identified him as a member of the St. Croix police department. Did they have a robbery?

I went back inside and came out again after we returned from breakfast. There was an older woman standing at the rail of the PH, gazing out over the ocean. Looking to strike up a conversation and possibly find out what all the hubbub was about, I called out, "Good morning! Are you enjoying the cruise so far?" "Not so much," she replied. "My husband died last night."

:eek::eek::eek:

It was very quiet for the rest of the cruise.

Edited by PartyAllDaTyme

Only problems (?) that I had while overlooking the Penthouse verandas from 7208 was topless sunbathing and persistent smoking by people in both suites. The one certainly was a problem, the other not so much.

I don't know how anyone can refer to persistent smoking as a "not so much" problem. This is of great concern to those of us who rely on enforcement of the smoking policy for... uh...

Oh, you mean the other problem was "not so much.":rolleyes:;):D

Absolutely take 7208. We were in it in February. IMO the only non-suite cabin that's better is 7212, but that's the accessible cabin. You're on the aft, as close to center as possible, three decks removed from the aft bar. I'd be more concerned about noise from above staying on deck 8 than from below staying on deck 7. That said, you could end up with a bunch of party animals in the PH below, but these tend to be older, more sedate cruisers-- they're typically the ones who can afford it. Besides, you might get friendly with the folks below in the PH (either one), and maybe they'll invite you down to see it.

Like you, I was a bit concerned about what our neighbors would be like. We boarded late, so didn't get much of a chance to hang out on the balcony the first night, what with getting some dinner, going to the separate muster drill for those that missed the regular one, and meeting some of our roll call members. The next morning, we were docked in St. Croix, and I strolled out to the glorious balcony to soak it all in. Below were several people, including ship's staff, clustered around a table with a sunshade covering it. I could not make out conversation, but figured that X goes all out in welcoming their VIP guests. None of my business, anyway. Before long, a man joined them wearing a shirt that identified him as a member of the St. Croix police department. Did they have a robbery?

I went back inside and came out again after we returned from breakfast. There was an older woman standing at the rail of the PH, gazing out over the ocean. Looking to strike up a conversation and possibly find out what all the hubbub was about, I called out, "Good morning! Are you enjoying the cruise so far?" "Not so much," she replied. "My husband died last night."

:eek::eek::eek:

It was very quiet for the rest of the cruise.

Steve, you were above that couple? I remember talking to the Hotel

Director about it. When the wife disembarked the PH stayed empty

the rest of the cruise. I felt so bad for her:(

We had this cabin in April. I love aft cabins but honestly not this one. Yes it us very large and yes it holds a lot if people BUT to me it is too cave like and dark. Not much sun. You do overlook the cabins below and one evening they had a party on deck and it was loud. I will also say our balcony floor was filthy and bubbled from the water dripping on it. The furniture was old and needed to be replaced. I hope they clean it up in dry dock. We usually only get aft cabins but I would not have one again in the M class ships. Donna

....We usually only get aft cabins but I would not have one again in the M class ships. Donna

We, on the other hand, always try to book 18 months ahead of time when we're going to be sailing an M class ship just so we can get one of the AFT CC cabins.

To each their own.

Steve, you were above that couple? I remember talking to the Hotel

Director about it. When the wife disembarked the PH stayed empty

the rest of the cruise. I felt so bad for her:(

Me, too. All I could say was, "My gosh, I'm so, so sorry to hear that." Kathy said she thought the wife was still aboard, since she could tell that there were sometimes lights on in the suite at night, but I figured it was the staff doing whatever they had to do to make it ready for the next cruise. I couldn't picture someone continuing on-- maybe if there's only a day left, to make return travel arrangements easier. I understand they have a morgue for just such a contingency.

Edited by PartyAllDaTyme

We had this cabin in April. I love aft cabins but honestly not this one. Yes it us very large and yes it holds a lot if people BUT to me it is too cave like and dark. Not much sun. You do overlook the cabins below and one evening they had a party on deck and it was loud. I will also say our balcony floor was filthy and bubbled from the water dripping on it. The furniture was old and needed to be replaced. I hope they clean it up in dry dock. We usually only get aft cabins but I would not have one again in the M class ships. Donna

We noticed some bubbling in February, maybe it's gotten worse since then. We just moved a table over it. The floor was reasonably clean. We also found it more balcony than what we needed, but loved the location. It would have been a great location for a sailaway party (our neighbors in 7212 had one), but we were always too busy with shore excursions to think about throwing one together.

Here's a photo of cabin 7208's balcony on Summit. We have been in this cabin on both Millie and Summit and absolutely love it. As you can see, at certain times of the day, it is very shaded. We prefer the options to sit in the sun or to be in the shade. We loved having breakfast on the balcony each morning.

We had no issues with the folks in the PH suite below. I believe it's really the luck of the draw. Because all the balconies on the aft are very large, it's just as likely that a group in any of these cabins could have a large group that might be noisy.

Also, Deck 7 is farther from the aft bar on Deck 10, so the music and noise from it is very muted and not disruptive.

I'd book this cabin in without a second thought! Enjoy!

694391723_Viewfrombalcony.jpg.4f4dcf4a08c7cd028b96ef66ef204986.jpg

• 3 years later...
Here's a photo of cabin 7208's balcony on Summit. We have been in this cabin on both Millie and Summit and absolutely love it. As you can see, at certain times of the day, it is very shaded. We prefer the options to sit in the sun or to be in the shade. We loved having breakfast on the balcony each morning.

We had no issues with the folks in the PH suite below. I believe it's really the luck of the draw. Because all the balconies on the aft are very large, it's just as likely that a group in any of these cabins could have a large group that might be noisy.

Also, Deck 7 is farther from the aft bar on Deck 10, so the music and noise from it is very muted and not disruptive.

I'd book this cabin in without a second thought! Enjoy!

Hi

do yo have a picture of the cabin also?

• 1 year later...
This is a three year old thread. I doubt they will be checking back. Did you try the sticky at the top of the main page. From what I remember the room looks like a standard balcony.

I will post photos of the verandah, as well as the cabin when I return from our trip. I will also post it on youtube.

• 4 weeks later...
I will post photos of the verandah, as well as the cabin when I return from our trip. I will also post it on youtube.

Thank you - I appreciate that because we're in the same cabin twice this year. I'm wondering if the walk to the elevators is really long? Please post any & all comments when you return since you'll be on it right after the renovation. Thanks!

Thank you - I appreciate that because we're in the same cabin twice this year. I'm wondering if the walk to the elevators is really long? Please post any & all comments when you return since you'll be on it right after the renovation. Thanks!

We were in this cabin in November 2015. It is really quiet, we unfortunately did not get to enjoy the incredible balcony because I think we picked the most humid week of the year. What we found was that as it was so sheltered the air didn't move around at all and although we tried to breakfast on the balcony the first day, we didn't do it again. We wasted the balcony - so sad. Not to say in the right weather it would be wonderful. It is a huge space, just wish we had a bit more of a breeze.

It's not a long walk to the elevators as there are three sets on the M class, we were in this cabin on a NE/CA in September and loved it.