Paradise Beach Trip Question

Cruisin'Trooper

Anyone have any experience with going to this place? Been to Coz many times' date=' but first with the entire family and figured a fun beach day would do the trick.[/quote']

Nice beach, new pool and changing room facilities, good food and drinks, fairly priced, and generally good service. It is $2 per person to rent a chair + $10 minimum in food/drink purchases (easy to do). If you have teens or adults who behave like teens :rolleyes: the water toys (extra charge) are fun.

Check these boards & Trip Advisor for reviews and there are some nice videos on You Tube. Good luck! :)

I was just there this past Saturday. The place is really nice. The pool is beautiful, chairs are good and everything on the beach is included in the fun pack bracelet for $12 (kayaks, snorkeling, water toys) The chairs are $2 separate fee, but the guy we talked to gave us a deal, so you might be able to haggle. Also, I think it was $13 taxi from Puerto Maya, which is all posted so you don't have to worry about them charging you too much.

The bathrooms and changing areas were all nice, and they had lockers right next to them ($4, but you leave a $20 deposit. Don't be late turning in the key!)

We had a great day there. The only real complaint is that as fun as the water toys are, the trampoline is broken. We climbed up to find that half the springs were broken and rusty. As my friends jumped on it another spring broke, showering another friend with rust. BE CAREFUL.

Everything else seems well taken care of. The beach is a little rocky, but that seems to be how Cozumel is.

the people that work there are very sketchy use cash at all costs and if you have to use card check your balances immediatly!

Oh why do you say that? I am planning to go for the day with my 3 kids when we are on Freedom in 3 weeks, was also planning to pay for everything with my card, obviously not such a good idea?

Been there like 5-6 times...they added the pool and started charging for chairs that use to be free. Its a great place for kids with the $12 dollar wrist bands for the water trampolines but for adults if your drinking its time to look at the many other all inclusive places. I was there in April and there was no charge for chairs so if I have to pay for chairs food and drinks its much cheaper for us to go AI.

BY BY Paradise Beach....Mr Sancho's / Nachi Cocum here I come......kids are older now!!!

We found it to be a great alternative to "all-inclusive" beach clubs - we're not drinkers, and when we were there in 2008, the service was very good, prices were reasonable, and the facilities have even been upgraded since we were there. I wouldn't hesitate to go back. It's a nice, clean, reasonably priced option, in my opinion.

We were there on june 15th on Oasis. It was perfect for what we wanted.

We wanted:

* a few hours on the beach for the kids

*Shade

* no drinks other than bottled water

* just snacks (we were eating too much on the ship!)

*Water toys

*regular pool

The place was spotless and the service was great.

Very close to the port, cheap taxi ride

Water toys all seemed to be working for us. Kids had a blast

Only complaint was that the snorkeling was terrible. They gave you the masks for fee with the water toy fee ($12) but it was too sandy.

Other than that, a great affordable day.

I would agree with other posters that if you want to eat and drink a lot, check out the all inclusive places. We were with young teens so we did not care about drinking.

Plenty of cabs for when we wanted to leave. Not too crowded

I will tell you that you should research this before you go thoroughly and have print outs of what you want to do. The ship's personnel were not helpful at all unless you wanted to buy one of their excursions.

We have been to PB before and are planning to go again in a couple weeks. Very nice, clean facilities and they have added a pool now. The service is good and the prices aren't bad. The restroom/changing rooms are better than the ones at Nachi in my opinion. Can't wait to go back!

We have been to PB before and are planning to go again in a couple weeks. Very nice, clean facilities and they have added a pool now. The service is good and the prices aren't bad. The restroom/changing rooms are better than the ones at Nachi in my opinion. Can't wait to go back!

Hi. Can you report back when you return from your cruise? I would really appreciate it. We went to Paradise Beach back when Tom owned it and for the past couple of years we have been going to Nachi. I would like to go back to Paradise for a change of pace. Thank you. Wanda

Nice beach, new pool and changing room facilities, good food and drinks, fairly priced, and generally good service. It is $2 per person to rent a chair + $10 minimum in food/drink purchases (easy to do). If you have teens or adults who behave like teens :rolleyes: the water toys (extra charge) are fun.

Check these boards & Trip Advisor for reviews and there are some nice videos on You Tube. Good luck! :)

Do you really have to spend 10 minimum in food/drink. How do they know.

We've been there with our kids at least 5 times. We love it. Last time we were there was first week of April with the new pool. We've always used our credit card- I don't remember the 20% charge, but then again I could have just forgotten. I will bring cash this time (we are going to be there in about 10 days). I actually really like the staff there! The servers work their butts off and we've always had really positive experiences. Since the pool opened, they now charge $2 a chair, but that still seems super cheap to me. We buy two water passes for our kids (12 and almost 10), a couple of chairs, and then our food. They've never looked at our bill and said, "Nope, didn't spend $40." Maybe that's because we always buy a couple of water toy passes? Who knows. We always get a few drinks each and a couple of menu items to share. I feel the food is reasonably priced. My avatar is from Paradise Beach- my favorite thing there- the guacamole- my favorite guac ANYWHERE! Also their coconut fried shrimp is to DIE FOR. Ummmm, I can't wait for guacamole and shrimp! :D

Hi. Can you report back when you return from your cruise? I would really appreciate it. We went to Paradise Beach back when Tom owned it and for the past couple of years we have been going to Nachi. I would like to go back to Paradise for a change of pace. Thank you. Wanda

Hey there Wanda, the last time we were at PB, Tom was still the owner so I too am curious about how the place is. I have seen lots of good reviews and am expecting things to still be great there. I'll let ya know how it is.

Can't wait to go back. We were there several years ago when Tom was there. The new pool looks great! Good point about cash vs. credit cards (that someone posted earlier). I'll be taking cash with me to save the 20% pop for using credit cards!

Does anyone have a website that I can go to and see what Paradise Beach looks like? I have looked everywhere and just can't find any pictures of it or a webpage. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Gail

Does anyone have a website that I can go to and see what Paradise Beach looks like? I have looked everywhere and just can't find any pictures of it or a webpage. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Gail

Hi. If you go on the You Tube website and type in Paradise Beach Cozumel there are some recent videos there that show the new pool, bar etc.

Gail

Just use Google search using these 3 words, Paradise Beach Cozumel, and it's the first hit on top of the page.

Do you really have to spend 10 minimum in food/drink. How do they know.

The $10 minimum applies if you are using their umbrellas, lounge chairs, etc. They provide wait service from the kitchen and bar. I've never seen them confront anyone over not hitting the $10, but hitting it has never been an issue for me or any of the others in my groups when we've gone there. If you're there for awhile & have a drink or 2 + lunch, you'll hit the $10 mark.

Note also that when I've been there they have not included young kids in the $10 pp minimum rule (our kids were 4 & 6 last time we were there; they only required the $10 per adult).

Archived