Hairdryer and Iron

verycanny

Hi,

We are soon to be going on the Ventura for the Western Med ion July and my wife is wondering if there is an iron & hairdryer in the cabin? :confused: They usually have these in hotel rooms but reckon a cruise ship may be different!

Is there a charge in the launderette or are the machines all free to use like on Princess?

The launderettes are free to use. They probably have the same equipment as on the Princess ships - there are washing machines & tumble dryers, and ironing boards with irons. You do need to take washing powder or tablets, however.

I found that they were busy from quite early on, so you need to get in there as soon as they open at 8 o'clock.

We just came off Ventura.

The hairdryer in the cabin was much better than previous cruises on P&O and Princess ships.

Funnily enough, it had an American plug on it. There are two British plug points and one US one around the dressing table area.

The hairdryer was strong and had a thin nozzle. I don`t know if this is the same in every cabin.

Maybe someone else would know.

We just came off Ventura.

The hairdryer in the cabin was much better than previous cruises on P&O and Princess ships.

Funnily enough, it had an American plug on it. There are two British plug points and one US one around the dressing table area.

The hairdryer was strong and had a thin nozzle. I don`t know if this is the same in every cabin.

Maybe someone else would know.

Yes - same hair dryer in every cabin

Talking about hairdryers has anyone any tips(products etc) in coping with your hair onboard!

Dont know if its just me - I do have fine hair, but what with the very soft water and the hairdryer which isnt the best for blowdrying - I spend most of the cruise with a bad hair day(or fortnight!) I know the real answer is the hair salon - but that proves expensive for more than one visit!

Talking about hairdryers has anyone any tips(products etc) in coping with your hair onboard!

Dont know if its just me - I do have fine hair, but what with the very soft water and the hairdryer which isnt the best for blowdrying - I spend most of the cruise with a bad hair day(or fortnight!) I know the real answer is the hair salon - but that proves expensive for more than one visit!

I too have fine hair and you can seen to get static in in onboard ship.. could be the air con as well !!?

I take my own hair dryer.. as it is anti static. some how.. you are right the ones on board can make it fluffy.. use less product on board as the water is soft !! I find the John Freida spary for fine hair helps before blowdrying..I use the Philip Kingsley range of shampoo and conditioners are great for fine hair.

The damp sea air can upset your hair or humidity in the very hot places can make it flop !! I use some hair gel I get from the hairdressers to help it hold shape and this keeps the damp out of it as well.

But best of all I now take some curling tongs to redo the style quickly .. as you say fine hair and sea air and air con isnt a good mixture.

Best of luck ...

Thanks for the tips! I have a photo of me standing by the ship's rails with Venice in the background and my hair all over my face in the breeze! Everyone elses hair seemed to stay miraculously in place! My husbands answer is get a wig - but I'm sure that would blow off too!!

Archived