Differences in balcony cabins on "Constellation"

grayjay

Hi all?

For our upcoming cruise I have booked a 2A cat. cabin on Vista deck because there was a 300 $ difference to a CC cabin.

Now I'm wondering if I did the right thing. I already know that I won't get all those perks like afternoon snacks, champagne, flowers and the extra Captain's Club credit and that the cabin is a bit smaller.

Can somebody please explain what else will be awaiting ( or not awaiting ) us? Will I miss the nice pillows and bathroom amenities ( shower gels, shower head) - I mean: what are the concrete differences of this cabin category when compared to a C3/C2, for example, when it comes to the cabin interior itself?

Thank you for your answers.

Hi all?

For our upcoming cruise I have booked a 2A cat. cabin on Vista deck because there was a 300 $ difference to a CC cabin.

Now I'm wondering if I did the right thing. I already know that I won't get all those perks like afternoon snacks, champagne, flowers and the extra Captain's Club credit and that the cabin is a bit smaller.

Can somebody please explain what else will be awaiting ( or not awaiting ) us? Will I miss the nice pillows and bathroom amenities ( shower gels, shower head) - I mean: what are the concrete differences of this cabin category when compared to a C3/C2, for example, when it comes to the cabin interior itself?

Thank you for your answers.

- Pillows; any cabin category can request a different type of pillow from their room steward.

- Afternoon snacks; unless you request the cheese tray, they are pretty much worth avoiding.

- Champagne; it is a very low grade sparkling wine, not missing much there.

- Flowers; while they are nice, can be done without.

- Bathroom amenities; I do not remember much difference from a 2A vs C1.

- Shower head; Suites and Aqua Class have something different but I believe that all other cabins have the same shower heads.

CC does have an expanded room service menu, and as you state, the extra Captains Club credit is good to have (at least until they revise the program as rumored).

I think that you will be very happy with the cabin you have and, have $300 to enjoy.:D

I can tell you from personal experience that the extra 25 sq. ft (15%) really makes a BIG difference. We upgraded on board from a veranda to CC for $250/pp to gain that extra, plus the perks, on a 14 day cruise and I felt it was totally worthwhile. YMMV

I think the CC's are larger on all the M Class - they are on the Millie for sure.

They are the same size on the S Class Ships - this has not been asked for :-(. I am wondering about the same - I have booked Cat. 1 B (Eclipse - Hump, Panorama Deck) and now I don't know if I should upgrade to Concierge Class. My husband doesn't want to. But it is still on my mind.

Thank you for all your answers. The 300 $ were the point that had decided me and I'm sure my 2A cabin will be nice, but still.... I had hoped for an upgrade,because the prices have dropped since then , but as the cruise is fully paid, Celebrity won't budge.:(

As I have heard that lots of Cruise Critic members were given an upgrade after final payment I wiuld have been radiant, but it didn't happen, even if there are dozens of cabins still available and the cruise is only weeks away.

I'll contact my agent again and ask for an upsell. If that's still more than I want to pay - well, I'll be still happy with what I've got and happier still to be on another cruise!!!!!:):):)

The CC cabins on all M class ships are slightly larger than the standard veranda cabins. Not a huge difference but enough to be noticeable.

There is no size difference on the S class.

CC cabins have a larger table on the veranda. It is not huge (I'd guess 30" or 36") but is dining table height. Standard veranda cabins have only a small and lower beverage table on the veranda. If you plan on having breakfast on the veranda the taller table is nice. On S class I believe the CC cabins also have foot stools so the deck chairs on the verandas are more like loungers. This is not on the M class.

The upgraded towels and linens are a nice touch but nothing that we can't live without. On cruises on M class ships in the past we've been able to get feather pillows in all cabins but on the Eclipse in an standard veranda cabin this request seemed a bit difficult for our cabin attendant although he "managed" to get one for us.

Personally, on M class we usually take the CC cabins due to location and the small difference in size. We usually book very early so we've been able to book the aft C1 cabins which have other pluses as far as the veranda size and location but these due run at a larger premium than the $300. For us, if the price difference was $300 between a 2A and a C2 or C3 we'd probably take the CC cabin on M class depending on the price, length and itinerary of the cruise. On S class I think we'd take the standard veranda as long as we liked the cabin location as much.

Archived