Suggestions needed to buy rum??

nyc gal

• 1 month later...

So as to not start a new thread, and since this is related, does anyone know where the best island would be to buy Jagermeister?

In Dec I'm going to Nassau, Grand Turk, Puerto Rico & St. Thomas, and was wondering if any of these would have Jager for a decent price. I remember last time I was in Nassau I got 1 liter bottle for around $23.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you venture over to St. John, you have to try Bones Rum! It is locally made and only sold at the Bones Rum store in St. John. You wont find it at any liquor store in St. Thomas. It is a little more expensive...$19. They offer free samples of the rum there too and also have rum goods (rum cake, rumballs...etc). One thing I noticed when we were in the VI this summer. The Cruzan Rum bottles all say they are distributed through IL.

If you go to St. John...you gotta check it out.

There's a Bones Rum Shack in St Thomas so no need to go to St John. It's in International Plaza just down from The Greenhouse Restaurant.

I bought rum for .98 and $1.00 per bottle at the liquor store inside the terminal dock in San Juan. The .98 bottle was Pat O'Brien's Hurricane Rum of the New Orleans Pat O'Brien Restaurant. The other bottle I can't remember the name. I showed it to another passenger who was on the ship, and he bought a bottle of the $1 rum. When I saw him later on the ship, he said it was good. Don't know if it'll still be there when you cruise or if they're always available.

My friend may use it to make vanilla extract instead of using cheap vodka.

It's International Plaza - not International Market. They have tables with umbrellas outside. I think the umbrellas are black.

I think this is the same rum that's made at Blackbeard's Castle. At least this is what I was told when they first opened.

• 4 months later...
It's International Plaza - not International Market. They have tables with umbrellas outside. I think the umbrellas are black.

I think this is the same rum that's made at Blackbeard's Castle. At least this is what I was told when they first opened.

Thanks for the update on the address. We plan to go to Charlotte Amalie to visit the Synagogue from Crown Bay and then join up with our friends at Bones. We will take a cab to the Synagogue and when we are thru do we just walk downhill:D to the main street (Waterfront Street?) and if anyone knows where to turn next, please let me know.

Thanks in Advance

Archived