CocoCay, Bahamas

riverdees05

We are there on the Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas in July. What should we expect?

Any insight and recommendations would be appreciated. There will be 10 of us aging from 6 to 66, including 5 young boys, 2 teenagers, 2 adults and 2 seniors.

We are there on the Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas in July. What should we expect?

Any insight and recommendations would be appreciated. There will be 10 of us aging from 6 to 66, including 5 young boys, 2 teenagers, 2 adults and 2 seniors.

We were tlhere a couple weeks ago, same trip, etc.

Coco Cay is one of those 'deserted islands' that is owned by the cruise company, so they have installed all sorts of things for you to do and enjoy. For at least a 'picture' of what to expect go to the following.

http://www.*****.com/Coco%20Cay.html

Some interesting insights:

Lots of water sports for everyone including free snorkeling and swimming. All others, of course, cost you something. We had a couple iquanas visit our beach site and I saw a sting-ray while snorkeling amongst the rocks.

Your cruise card is your credit card if you want to buy anything extra.

BBQ lunch is free and includes lots of 'healthy food' such as hamburgers, hotdogs, deserts, etc. But there is also a salad bar. Sodas are free.

Walk around the whole place to get an idea, but be sure to 'find your spot' first. Park the seniors in the shade and have fun.

A Little Slice of Paradise!!! Would go to this beach/island anytime I have the opportunity! The Cruise Line Private Islands are a wonderful place to just kick back relax and enjoy the Beautiful Bahamian Beaches and Crystal Blue Water!!! Also has a pretty decent BBQ lunch as well.

Some interesting insights:

Lots of water sports for everyone including free snorkeling and swimming.

Snorkeling is free if you have your own equipment. I we have bought our own snorkel and mask. We rent fins and vest. Vest is required. We love Coco Cay. We like to parasail while there. Have fun.

• 7 months later...

Coco Cay is a great beach day. You can spend money on extras like parasailing, waverunners, etc....but you certainly don't have to! You can come and go from the ship as much as you like, so don't feel you have to stay all day long if you don't wish. Lunch is included, just like on the ship, and drinks are extra, just like on the ship!

Some folks will bring a cheap, blowup float so they don't have to pay $10 for a float there!

Coco Cay is a great beach day. You can spend money on extras like parasailing, waverunners, etc....but you certainly don't have to! You can come and go from the ship as much as you like, so don't feel you have to stay all day long if you don't wish. Lunch is included, just like on the ship, and drinks are extra, just like on the ship!

Some folks will bring a cheap, blowup float so they don't have to pay $10 for a float there!

I thought about bringing a float also, since I have 5 people that adds up for a little float, playground toy adventure, snorkeling, etc... I would be happy to lye on the beach and have a floatie, but I want to give my 3 kids an adventure. Who knows if they will able cruise again. Hard these days...so I want them to enjoy every minute! Do you think we should get a clam shell rental? And how much are the fin rentals. I know the vest is 6.00 but I checked on cocoa bay website zillions of times and don't see the information.

Who will have hot air to blow up 5 floaties? Wonder if they will blow them up for us, or will they charge for air? lol

Archived