True last minute cruise deals from Tampa, FLL, MIA, or Port Canaveral

bduck1

My wife and I are both recently retired tongue.giftongue.gifand virtually free to travel at any time. In the past, I've heard talk of last minute cruise deals available at the true last minute-ie buy today, leave tomorrow. With past work issues, that wasn't possible, but now---bring them on! oglvvd.gif

Does anybody have any knowledge of a web site, travel agency, newsletter, or any way to obtain these deals?? I know most go out full, but do they turn their back on people that will go immediately to fill that last empty cabin??confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

feel free to email direct bobduckett@verizon.net

My relatives in Florida get deals by looking online and in ads in local newspapers.

Some cruise lines have extra discounts for Florida residents and also for retired military, police, firefighters, teachers etc.

They also telephone the cruise lines and ask what is a good deal.

Congratulations on your retirement. I'm close. So close!

Buy today, leave tomorrow hasn't happened since 9/11. Maybe with 5 days notice, but not 24 hours.

That's not true. Carnival will sell you a cruise the same morning as the ship is sailing. Many other lines will sell space up to 24 hours prior to sailing. You can't just show up at the pier and buy a cruise, but you can do it by calling the cruise line's telephone reservations center.

Under the law, the cruise line has until one hour prior to sailing to submit its final passenger manifest to DHS, so it's absolutely legal to sell a cruise the same day as the ship is sailing.

Buy today, leave tomorrow hasn't happened since 9/11. Maybe with 5 days notice, but not 24 hours.

Just last summer I booked at 10 am and left on Ecstasy that day.

Its true its not as easy if its not a weekday, especially a sunday, but nothing to do with 9/11.

OP Id watch the last minute weekly specials.

Archived