Allure 6/5 Ponderings and Pictures

This guy was sort of the clown of the show, and he was a great gymnast. I liked the way that they worked the trampoline into the show.

Allure-43.jpg

Allure-44.jpg

Allure-47.jpg

Allure-122.jpg

I wasn't ready to take pictures when they dove from the very high platform, but these platforms were high enough for me. Wish I had a wider lens when I took these shots so that they better showed the height of the platform.

Allure-45.jpg

Allure-46.jpg

I posted these Shoppes at Rose Hall pictures on the Jamaica Board, but I'll repeat them here for those who don't make it over to the Ports of Call boards. We didn't make any plans in Falmouth but decided to take the free shuttle to the Shoppes. We had a great bus driver from the port to the Shoppes (Baris...like Paris with a B). He described a lot of what we were seeing during the 20 minute or so trip and was very entertaining (yah mon!) My wife and daughters enjoyed the shopping (mostly standard tourist stuff but some unique stores), we enjoyed lunch at the cafe that's on the left side near the main entrance, and there were a couple of places that sold cold Red Stripe.

I also posted a very brief (1 minute) video of the Falmouth port area as the ship was getting ready to leave. Construction on the buildings is still not complete. One of the vendors that we talked to said that she didn't expect to be moving in for another couple of weeks. No problem mon.

Allure-51.jpg

Allure-55.jpg

Allure-52.jpg

Allure-53.jpg

Allure-54.jpg

I tried to get some good sunset shots but the clouds weren't cooperating most days.

Enjoying the sunset while I fiddled with camera dials

Allure-99.jpg

The sun is nearly gone

Allure-100.jpg

The definition of relaxation??

Allure-101.jpg

I remember seeing you there on my walk by!! As I remember most of the chairs were full so my wife and I kept on walking by, thanks for the pic keep posting!

Thanks for all the great pics...

I didn't realize that Rose Hall was a "nice" shopping area...or least the pics make it look that way...thanks for showing them.

Are there jewelry stores???

enjoying the review a lot !!!:)

Thanks for all the great pics...

I didn't realize that Rose Hall was a "nice" shopping area...or least the pics make it look that way...thanks for showing them.

Are there jewelry stores???

enjoying the review a lot !!!:)

Rose Hall was a nice shopping area. It's not huge...I'm going to guess about 30-40 stores??...but they are all fairly nice stores. There were several jewelry stores. DW bought a bracelet and ring, and DD bought matching Swarovski earings and necklace.

More pics to come later today.

Continuing on...

Next up...pictures from Chicago. We were front row center because my daughter is very much into dance and wanted to be as close as possible. Makes for some nice picture opportunities. This was the final show for the original cast and they were outstanding.

Allure-111.jpg

Allure-112.jpg

Allure-113.jpg

Allure-115.jpg

Allure-114.jpg

Allure-116.jpg

Next, pictures from Blue Planet. This was the first performance of the new cast. They were a little off, both singing and dancing, but I'm sure they'll grow into it.

The stage before the show started

Allure-56.jpg

Allure-57.jpg

One of several aerial acts

Allure-58.jpg

The living tree. The performers are actually in the tree and camouflaged so that you can't see them, and then come out of the tree to perform.

Allure-59.jpg

Another aerial act

Allure-60.jpg

The trampoline act is one of the highlights. There are actually 3 trampolines...one flat at the bottom, and one on either side at a 45 degree angle. They go back and forth between trampolines and get multiple people going at once.

Allure-63.jpg

Allure-64.jpg

Allure-65.jpg

Allure-66.jpg

I liked the underwater scene that they did with people hanging behind a scrim. You couldn't see the wires that they were hanging from, and it looked like they were swimming underwater.

Allure-61-1.jpg

"Mother Nature" was the main singer

Allure-62-1.jpg

Allure-67-1.jpg

Allure-68-1.jpg

Allure-69-1.jpg

Very nice job and great photos. I thought that the Chicago cast had changed from our January cruise but I see from your photos that they are the same. Can't wait to get back on board Sunday.:)

Thanks. You'll get to see the new Chicago cast next week. As we watched Blue Planet, we were trying to guess who would fill which roles in Chicago. These appear to be the 4 main singers.

Allure-67-1.jpg

Our guess is that the blond on the left will be Roxie, and then working from left to right will be Roxie's husband, Velma, and Billy. If you think of it after you get back, I'd appreciate if you could tell me if we're right. :)

I wandered around deck 16 at about 8:30am on a sea day to see how things were at the pools. There were a few chair hogs by the Beach Pool, but there were still lounge chairs available.

Allure-82.jpg

No problem finding a spot on deck 16.

Allure-83.jpg

The Solarium wasn't too crowded yet either. In fact we never had a problem with chairs in the Solarium, even when we showed up around noon one day

Allure-86.jpg

Allure-81.jpg

Allure-80.jpg

The Sports Pool and H2O Zone were also pretty empty

Allure-84.jpg

The Solarium wasn't too crowded yet either. In fact we never had a problem with chairs in the Solarium, even when we showed up around noon one day

Allure-86.jpg

Does the Allure not have the big round loungers that are on the Oasis?

I am sure this is an old question and I just have never paid attention.

Thanks!!!

OMG! My mom, her friend Ginger and I were sitting next to you during the cupcake decorating class!!

Funny how that happens, one of this board's members showed up in my Allure Chair Hogs thread. Fortunately he took it well :o

Allright...finishing up with some miscellaneous pictures around the ship

Entrance to the Vitality Spa

Allure-70.jpg

The Library

Allure-72.jpg

The Concierge Lounge (deck 11)

Allure-73.jpg

The Viking Crown Lounge

Allure-74.jpg

The Calypso Band Mega 4 poolside

Allure-98.jpg

The starboard "wing" on deck 14

Allure-85.jpg

And just a few more...

The Amber Theater from one of the stairwells on the side of the stage

Allure-88.jpg

The ship model in the after elevator lobby on deck 15 near the Living Room. Incredible detail.

Allure-75.jpg

Royal Promenade sculptures

Allure-79.jpg

Allure-87.jpg

I think that's it. I have a few more pictures that I haven't gone through in detail, but I don't there's anything there that you haven't already seen elsewhere.

Archived