Allure 6/5 Ponderings and Pictures

We loved the ship model and almost missed it. There are so many places onboard that it really is nearly impossible to see everything in one visit. Makes me wonder what will be new to us when we return in February.

We loved the ship model and almost missed it. There are so many places onboard that it really is nearly impossible to see everything in one visit. Makes me wonder what will be new to us when we return in February.

I know what you mean. You could spend hours just looking for those binocular things that you look into (should have taken a picture of one in case you don't know what I'm talking about). There was one near the "back entrance" to the Schooner Bar that led to the top of the Cupcake Cupboard. They seemed to be randomly placed around the ship. Just one of the many, many, amazing details.

Great Pictures! :D Thanks for sharing them with us!

Great pics, thanks for posting!!!

Thanks. I love seeing the pictures posted by others and want to do my share.

Wow, that flowrider instructor is reason enough to take this cruise. ;)

K

Yes...he did seem to have good surfing skills and I'm sure that he was a good teacher also. :D

No round loungers in the Solarium????? What happened to them? They were there when we sailed on Allure in December...they even had nice white canvas cabana covers which the Oasis does not have.

Hmmm...didn't know that Allure ever had the round loungers. Wonder why they took them out? Maybe they took up too much space?

And a few more Central Park shots during the day. Our kids had a Central Park View room (9603) across the hall from us, but I don't know if they every even opened the curtain, let alone looked out the window.

Can you tell me how your daughters like their room? Was it big enough for the 2 of them, Did they find it "tight" with the 2 beds? My kids are in a similiar cabin on the Oasis next week.

No round loungers in the Solarium????? What happened to them? They were there when we sailed on Allure in December...they even had nice white canvas cabana covers which the Oasis does not have.

They were moved to the private suite access only deck above the pool deck.

Can you tell me how your daughters like their room? Was it big enough for the 2 of them, Did they find it "tight" with the 2 beds? My kids are in a similiar cabin on the Oasis next week.

My daughters loved their room and it was plenty big enough for both of them. We always had problems with them not being able to share a bed because they both moved around and kicked each other while sleeping. Last year on the Liberty (in a Promenade Room), they mistakenly had the girls' room set up with the beds together. My daughters decided to leave it that way to save some space and found out that they could now sleep in the same bed without a problem. They wanted their cabin set up the same way this year to save space. It would definitely be tighter with the beds apart. If your kids can handle it, I'd suggest that they start with the beds together. The cabin steward can separate the beds later if that doesn't work.

Actually, for my kids, the cabin doesn't matter much. They basically just sleep there and get ready for dinner. I think the most important thing for them is that they have a room of their own...a feeling of independence and being grown up. :)

Thanks. I have a Canon 7D. Most of the pictures were taken with a 15-85mm lens. I used a 70-200mm lens for the Oceanaria pictures.

I have that camera too and LOVE it, especially for poor lighting situations. :)

Kath

My daughters loved their room and it was plenty big enough for both of them. We always had problems with them not being able to share a bed because they both moved around and kicked each other while sleeping. Last year on the Liberty (in a Promenade Room), they mistakenly had the girls' room set up with the beds together. My daughters decided to leave it that way to save some space and found out that they could now sleep in the same bed without a problem. They wanted their cabin set up the same way this year to save space. It would definitely be tighter with the beds apart. If your kids can handle it, I'd suggest that they start with the beds together. The cabin steward can separate the beds later if that doesn't work.

Actually, for my kids, the cabin doesn't matter much. They basically just sleep there and get ready for dinner. I think the most important thing for them is that they have a room of their own...a feeling of independence and being grown up. :)

Thanks for the info, unfortunately bed together would never work for them. They are both over 6' tall and like to have seperate beds. They've had PR rooms before and I agree it is a bit tight with the beds apart, I was just wondering if it was the same with the CPV cabins.

Archived