Hop On Hop Off Bus in Florence?

podemos

Has anyone here taken the HOHO bus in Florence? Any reviews on it?

Is Florence an easy city to DIY in August? We'll be in port (Livorno) from 0800h to 1700h.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

The central historic area of Florence is a pedestrian zone and the HOHO bus (all buses, for that matter) can only circle around the edges. Florence is quite small and flat, and the things most people want to see are quite close to one another. The distance between the Accademia (where Michelangelo's David is housed) and the Pitti Palace, the two furthest points most tourists are interested in, is only one mile.

As mentioned, an easy city to walk. If you get tired, there are four routes of small electric buses which traverse the pedestrian zone (the old central city).

I've never taken the HoHo bus there but it certainly seems rather useless.

Hi, we also walked around Florence. Most places are within leisurely walking distances but, we also took the HoHo bus. There are two routes and they give you a very good overview of Florence and take you out to the surroundings.

For instance, it is a very long walk to Piazza Michelangelo and it has one of the best views of Florence (the one you always see with the River Arno, Ponte Veccio and the Cathedral). The HoHo takes you there, get off and look around while you wait for the next bus.

Another spot is to Fiesole, to the top of the mountain to a spectacular monastery and an incredible view of Florence.

It is a two day ticket and in my opinion, well worth it. We took the Viator offering. I know Viator is a reseller but, we bought and paid for it long before we got there and, it was worth every penny. I strongly recommend it.

http://www.viator.com/tours/Florence/Florence-City-Hop-on-Hop-off-Tour/d519-2916FLR

Archived