14 year old boy at formal dinner

Will Carnival let him in the formal dinner in dress pants/shirt without a jacket? I hate to buy him a suit for one night.

Seems like a good time for a young man to learn the meaning of formal. Rent a tux and have it fitted before you go. You can get at least two uses during hte average cruise (be sure to get an extra shirt)or check with the ship to see if you can reserve a tux. At his age, there are a lot of formal events to come in his life. This is a good time for him to learn to do it right. Regardless of age or size, there is nothing like a man in a tux. Just think, Bond, James Bond.

Thanks for the replies! Do they serve anything special this night? Lobster or steak? Free wine?

As posted before, no free wine on formal night...BUT you can get free wine or mixed drinks at the Fun Farewell party on the last day. It is usually listed in the fun times at about 5p.m. :D Enjoy your cruise!

My husband is planning to show up in a button down shirt and khakis (no tie). My sister and I are wearing knee length dresses. Never sailed Carnival before, but we are not expecting any issues.

And you should expect no issues from anyone except on this board.

Seems like a good time for a young man to learn the meaning of formal. Rent a tux and have it fitted before you go. You can get at least two uses during hte average cruise (be sure to get an extra shirt)or check with the ship to see if you can reserve a tux. At his age, there are a lot of formal events to come in his life. This is a good time for him to learn to do it right. Regardless of age or size, there is nothing like a man in a tux. Just think, Bond, James Bond.

The young man will be tramatized for life being the only teen with a tux.

It's not a formal occasion so why should he be made to dress like it's one.

Bill

Archived