Nude Beaches St Maarten

lyfecruiser

Our driver said he's the mayor of the beach and is more than happy to pose with people actually "holding" it ! If he isn't in the Guiness Book of World Records, he should be ! I was dumbfounded !!!!!!!
WHAT?! WHAT!?:eek:

Okay, that's it! I'm definitely heading to Orient Beach.:eek: I'm not going to tell my hubby. I'll drag him along and be like let's go to the beach. He'll be like okay. LOL the shock on his face. I'm just going to take a picture of my hubby's face.;)LOL:D

You said it.....

Isn't it funny how beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In some countries skinny women are considered ugly and an eyesore. There, larger women are the "standard". Speaking only for me, I can only hope that, in my 60s, 70s, 80s that I feel comfortable enough to strut around nekkid :D Who gives a rat's butt what others think??? If I am comfortable enough in my on skin to show it, better believe I will!

This is not directed at the person I'm quoting, rather at the folks who say some shouldn't run around naked...it's like everything else in life, don't want to see it, don't look!! Or in this case, stay off the naked side of the beach. This isn't rocket science.

FWIW, I have been that larger woman, now down to a size 8. I fully intend to go to Orient and strut around topless next month :) Yes, I have stretch marks from having 2 babies, I am not toned like whats-her-name (the exercise guru lady), but I am damned proud of my body now and intend to show it off. If it offends anyone, turn the other way. My husband thinks I'm beautiful (as he did before I lost the weight), and really, that's all that matters to me.

Good for you Vanessa size 8 great job my DW just lost like a 100lbs so I know what kind of dedication it took to lose it. Now the even harder part keeoing it off. I'll br rooting for you. If we were on your cruise we would go with my DW was beautiful before she lost weight and is now too. I agree with you 100% if you don't like what you see don't look

Isn't it funny how beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In some countries skinny women are considered ugly and an eyesore. There, larger women are the "standard". Speaking only for me, I can only hope that, in my 60s, 70s, 80s that I feel comfortable enough to strut around nekkid :D Who gives a rat's butt what others think??? If I am comfortable enough in my on skin to show it, better believe I will!

This is not directed at the person I'm quoting, rather at the folks who say some shouldn't run around naked...it's like everything else in life, don't want to see it, don't look!! Or in this case, stay off the naked side of the beach. This isn't rocket science.

FWIW, I have been that larger woman, now down to a size 8. I fully intend to go to Orient and strut around topless next month :) Yes, I have stretch marks from having 2 babies, I am not toned like whats-her-name (the exercise guru lady), but I am damned proud of my body now and intend to show it off. If it offends anyone, turn the other way. My husband thinks I'm beautiful (as he did before I lost the weight), and really, that's all that matters to me.

Great post!

We will be there in March..with our not so perfect bodies. If people don't want to see our "not so perfect bodies" then they shouldn't look!!!!!

This is pretty much completely wrong. We were there two weeks ago (Labor Day week 2011) and the clothing optional beach and facilities at Club Orient were open to the public - including chair and umbrella rentals and access to the bar. We were not guests at Club Orient but rather drove there from Simpson Bay several days in a row. There is no requirement that you be nude, although most everyone there was - or at least topless if they were women. You can wear anything you want - fully clothed, totally nude, or anything in between. We rented two chairs and an umbrella from the resort (Club Orient) for $20 USD a day for four days. The Perch Bar there is also open to the public and does offer a small menu. You can eat and drink there nude or clothed - whatever. Nobody cares which. Or you can take your drinks or food back to your chair or towel. We chose to get our chairs very near the Perch Bar for easy drink access. There are also toilets at the Perch Bar that you can use if you want. You don't have to be a CO guest.

There was another restaurant at the far (south) end of the naked beach but it was closed when we were there. I think it was one of the many businesses on St. Martin/Sint Maarten that close during the month of September because of the slow season (hurricane) and for their own vacations.

You can also and rent chairs and/or umbrellas from Pedro's (just north of the Perch Bar and Club Orient) and sunbath and swim naked there too. Pedro's was only charging $15 USD for two chairs and an umbrella, but at Pedro's you're adjacent to the not-naked sections of the beach so probably subject to more gawking than if you walk farther south onto the Club Orient section.

There were occasionally a very few clothed folks from the other part of the beach that would stroll by but they were so out numbered by naked and topless people that I thought they seemed to be too intimidated to openly gawk. I agree that you will likely feel out of place if you go there and stay clothed. If anyone is curious and just wants to go there to look at the naked folks, I'd suggest you grow up.

The clothing optional beach at Club Orient is a beautiful, fantastic beach. Beautiful soft, white sand and spectacular calm, caribbean turquoise blue water with a perfect sandy bottom in a beautiful setting. One of the best beaches we've ever enjoyed anywhere including Hawaii; Riviera Maya, Mexico; Grand Cayman; and Negril, Jamaica

I was wondering if you remember the how the prices were for drinks and the lunch menu?

Good for you Vanessa size 8 great job my DW just lost like a 100lbs so I know what kind of dedication it took to lose it. Now the even harder part keeoing it off. I'll br rooting for you. If we were on your cruise we would go with my DW was beautiful before she lost weight and is now too. I agree with you 100% if you don't like what you see don't look

Thanks! The weight has been of now for over a year. I lost 50 pounds from march 2010 to September 2010 and have been maintaining ever since. It has not been hard for me, rather, just changing my eating habits and food choices. Adding exercise has also helped a bunch. I do 5Ks as often as possible now. And walk 3-5 miles a day, regardless.

I've come to see that I can eat pretty much whatever I want on cruises as long as I continue to exercise while on board. Thanks to the gym and using the stairs instead of the elevators the pounds stay off :)

Thanks! The weight has been of now for over a year. I lost 50 pounds from march 2010 to September 2010 and have been maintaining ever since. It has not been hard for me, rather, just changing my eating habits and food choices. Adding exercise has also helped a bunch. I do 5Ks as often as possible now. And walk 3-5 miles a day, regardless.

I've come to see that I can eat pretty much whatever I want on cruises as long as I continue to exercise while on board. Thanks to the gym and using the stairs instead of the elevators the pounds stay off :)

Thats what dw has found to biggest thing to stop was sugar she's doing great,says its my turn now, oh no:eek:

I'm almost 60. I would go naked on the nude beach, except that I'm really. really white! I can get over the chubby tummy, heck people will see that at the pool. But, seeing no contrast in color between the "private areas" & the rest of my body would accentuate the whiteness that much more.

In my younger days, I went to nude beaches & no one stared, nor did they point & laugh.

My DW will not go to the nude beach, let alone go even topless on the nude or non-nude side. I'll probably sneak over to see for myself that it's the most beautiful beach in the world. No, I wouldn't go over there to see naked woman. :D

We will be on Orient Beach in November. After a few drinks,,we plan on walking to "the other side" and remove or bathing suits and go for a swim. We are in Ok shape but we are not models. I am more concered about applying sun screan. Might need the spray on!! LOL. We are all borne naked,get over it. If you cant accept how God made us,,and MacD's shaped us,,then dont look at people. On our past walks(clothed) no one was ever rude to us. You can walk (nude) and never stop or get some sun,,jump in the water and enjoy further down the beach and no one will be around to see you naked. Enjoy life and do what you want there.

• 2 months later...

My wife and I will be in Saint-Martin in January... We already have our excursion booked to Orient Beach. And we do plan to visit Club Orient... when in Rome do as the Romans do... It sure will be an interesting first-time experience. :D :eek: :cool:

After 2 children, we look like real women!

Archived