Nude Beaches St Maarten

lyfecruiser

My husband and I went to Orient Beach off the Dream and our friends went to the left top optional side. We went all the way down to the resort end. Used the chairs. i stayed covered, my husband did not. we used their facilities and even walked over to their store. My husband bought a t shirt and we looked at the outside of their rentals as we walked back thru to the beach. well kept grounds. beautiful water and beach area. nice breeze. There are all kinds of people there, your typical beautiful people and your beautiful on the inside people. People walk the whole beach from end to end with clothes or topless. The total nude stay on the right ( if you are facing the ocean). This had to be the most relaxing beach except for Half Moon Cay that we have ever been on. We can not wait to go back and spend the whole day. We only had about 1 1/2 hours.

We've been to nude resorts several times. It is true, not everyone is a perfect physical specimen. Then again, I suppose it depends on your definition of "should not be nude". Personally, I think that if someone wants to enjoy the freedom of being nude, then that person should be nude. Those who don't appreciate the not so perfect human being being nude, well, they can turn their heads in a different direction. We plan on being at Orient in December of 2012, we will be nude, our sagging bodies and scars will be there to see, and we will have a wonderful time. Then we'll get dressed, return to the ship, and continue to have a wonderful time in everything we do together.

There is a really old man who struts up and down Orient beach nude and obviously excited at times. So fat and nasty!

Men. A stiff breeze can cause that....Nudists don't care or even notice.

I only wish I could be that secure with myself.

The entire beach is public but the nude part is a private club, Club Orient. You can walk down there, lay on the beach, swim in the water, etc. but the chairs and umbrellas there are not available to rent, and you can't buy drinks or food or use their facilities. If you do walk down there, be advised you will feel out of place if you have any clothes on. Everyone there will be completely naked.

LOL :D You just wrote that to see how many people would disagree with you (and in the process have to admit they've been there themselves :eek:)

Okay, I'll admit it, I've been there and their happy hour at the bar is awesome. Just stay away from the 2 for 1 Margaritas or you'll be tempted to join the rest of the nude bathers :eek:

I have actually seen the most amazing things on that beach - a well tanned, athletic looking man wearing nothing but his colostomy bag. A beautiful woman who'd had breast reconstruction surgery (I could barely tell) I also saw a beautiful, exotic young woman playing paddle ball that truly made me realize that all people are not created equal.

You'll have a blast and grandma will have enough stories to shock all her friends back home. Make sure your cab drops you off at Pedros - it's right in the middle of the 2 beaches. Saves a lot of walking.

LOL :D You just wrote that to see how many people would disagree with you (and in the process have to admit they've been there themselves :eek:)

Okay, I'll admit it, I've been there and their happy hour at the bar is awesome. Just stay away from the 2 for 1 Margaritas or you'll be tempted to join the rest of the nude bathers :eek:

I have actually seen the most amazing things on that beach - a well tanned, athletic looking man wearing nothing but his colostomy bag. A beautiful woman who'd had breast reconstruction surgery (I could barely tell) I also saw a beautiful, exotic young woman playing paddle ball that truly made me realize that all people are not created equal.

You'll have a blast and grandma will have enough stories to shock all her friends back home. Make sure your cab drops you off at Pedros - it's right in the middle of the 2 beaches. Saves a lot of walking.

I swear, they wouldn't serve us.. :( But that was a few years ago and every chair and umbrella was taken anyways, maybe that's why. Glad to know that's not the case. We'll be there again in September. Woohoo! All else said, I live 5 minutes away from, arguably, some of the best beaches in the world and have been to many wonderful beaches in my beloved Florida and many more on our cruises. Orient Beach is hands down, without a doubt, the most beautiful beach I have ever been to in my life. Don't let the nudity prevent you from going. If you like beaches, it is not to be missed.

I think a trip to sunset beach would provide a more memorable experience. Having a huge jet liner land (takeoff) just over your head would be better to see than some 50 year old exhibionist strutting what used to be.

Actually you can do both - which is what we did - started off in a cab to Orient Beach and spent a couple of hours there - then another cab to Sunset beach bar at Maho Beach (which is where the planes fly over) - best to arrive lunchtime/1 pm as there should be lots of air traffic (and you can enjoy lunch there while you watch!).

When you're done just grab a cab back to port! :D:D

We were on the Dream last month....took a van tour of the island and stopped at Orient Beach. The guy in the straw hat standing around reading the book...OMG....couldn't believe it ! Our driver said he's the mayor of the beach and is more than happy to pose with people actually "holding" it ! If he isn't in the Guiness Book of World Records, he should be ! I was dumbfounded !!!!!!!

• 3 months later...
The entire beach is public but the nude part is a private club, Club Orient. You can walk down there, lay on the beach, swim in the water, etc. but the chairs and umbrellas there are not available to rent, and you can't buy drinks or food or use their facilities. If you do walk down there, be advised you will feel out of place if you have any clothes on. Everyone there will be completely naked.

This is pretty much completely wrong. We were there two weeks ago (Labor Day week 2011) and the clothing optional beach and facilities at Club Orient were open to the public - including chair and umbrella rentals and access to the bar. We were not guests at Club Orient but rather drove there from Simpson Bay several days in a row. There is no requirement that you be nude, although most everyone there was - or at least topless if they were women. You can wear anything you want - fully clothed, totally nude, or anything in between. We rented two chairs and an umbrella from the resort (Club Orient) for $20 USD a day for four days. The Perch Bar there is also open to the public and does offer a small menu. You can eat and drink there nude or clothed - whatever. Nobody cares which. Or you can take your drinks or food back to your chair or towel. We chose to get our chairs very near the Perch Bar for easy drink access. There are also toilets at the Perch Bar that you can use if you want. You don't have to be a CO guest.

There was another restaurant at the far (south) end of the naked beach but it was closed when we were there. I think it was one of the many businesses on St. Martin/Sint Maarten that close during the month of September because of the slow season (hurricane) and for their own vacations.

You can also and rent chairs and/or umbrellas from Pedro's (just north of the Perch Bar and Club Orient) and sunbath and swim naked there too. Pedro's was only charging $15 USD for two chairs and an umbrella, but at Pedro's you're adjacent to the not-naked sections of the beach so probably subject to more gawking than if you walk farther south onto the Club Orient section.

There were occasionally a very few clothed folks from the other part of the beach that would stroll by but they were so out numbered by naked and topless people that I thought they seemed to be too intimidated to openly gawk. I agree that you will likely feel out of place if you go there and stay clothed. If anyone is curious and just wants to go there to look at the naked folks, I'd suggest you grow up.

The clothing optional beach at Club Orient is a beautiful, fantastic beach. Beautiful soft, white sand and spectacular calm, caribbean turquoise blue water with a perfect sandy bottom in a beautiful setting. One of the best beaches we've ever enjoyed anywhere including Hawaii; Riviera Maya, Mexico; Grand Cayman; and Negril, Jamaica

You will see lots of people from 16 to 80 years old there...There is a nudist resort rental to the right and I saw this woman about 75 sweeping off her porch while her husband sat there nude reading the paper....Just imagine your Grandma naked....LOL.....Dennis

Would really really not want to do that. Did see a lady about 75 walking topless with a little girl of about 5 also topless.

Maybe it is me being a prude but if grandma wants to be topless her business but not the little girl.

This is pretty much completely wrong. We were there two weeks ago (Labor Day week 2011) and the clothing optional beach and facilities at Club Orient were open to the public - including chair and umbrella rentals and access to the bar. We were not guests at Club Orient but rather drove there from Simpson Bay several days in a row. There is no requirement that you be nude, although most everyone there was - or at least topless if they were women. You can wear anything you want - fully clothed, totally nude, or anything in between. We rented two chairs and an umbrella from the resort (Club Orient) for $20 USD a day for four days. The Perch Bar there is also open to the public and does offer a small menu. You can eat and drink there nude or clothed - whatever. Nobody cares which. Or you can take your drinks or food back to your chair or towel. We chose to get our chairs very near the Perch Bar for easy drink access. There are also toilets at the Perch Bar that you can use if you want. You don't have to be a CO guest.

There was another restaurant at the far (south) end of the naked beach but it was closed when we were there. I think it was one of the many businesses on St. Martin/Sint Maarten that close during the month of September because of the slow season (hurricane) and for their own vacations.

You can also and rent chairs and/or umbrellas from Pedro's (just north of the Perch Bar and Club Orient) and sunbath and swim naked there too. Pedro's was only charging $15 USD for two chairs and an umbrella, but at Pedro's you're adjacent to the not-naked sections of the beach so probably subject to more gawking than if you walk farther south onto the Club Orient section.

There were occasionally a very few clothed folks from the other part of the beach that would stroll by but they were so out numbered by naked and topless people that I thought they seemed to be too intimidated to openly gawk. I agree that you will likely feel out of place if you go there and stay clothed. If anyone is curious and just wants to go there to look at the naked folks, I'd suggest you grow up.

The clothing optional beach at Club Orient is a beautiful, fantastic beach. Beautiful soft, white sand and spectacular calm, caribbean turquoise blue water with a perfect sandy bottom in a beautiful setting. One of the best beaches we've ever enjoyed anywhere including Hawaii; Riviera Maya, Mexico; Grand Cayman; and Negril, Jamaica

We had the same experience when we were there in March. Had the chairs and umbrella, but was meeting a friend from the Victory that we hadn't seen in years for a quick hello and catch up. So we met him at LeString down on the clothing side.

Archived