Free Cruise??

BKJK

I was wondering if anyone ever got a post card saying go to a 90minute sales pitch. You are entiled to a free 7night cruise from carnival..I called and they said its for a outside room. You have to pay port fee and taxes. It also says it includes 2 tickets for airfare from US airlines...Has anyone did this, how much are port fees and taxes?

I did something similar, and my advice is to run. Someone posts a new thread on this daily, so obviously a lot of people are doing it. The sales pitch I went to was for a vacation club where they promise you that you will get discounted vacations if you join their club. Not one single explantion on how this happens or what percentage off. They did give some cruise prices and say people got this cruise to alaska in a balcony for $1200 total or whatever. You dont know enough details to know how it works, not that Id have signed up. The prices started over $10K. They they will start making lower offers to you... and you still havent got any clue that they can even discount cruises, and who would pay thousands when they are mostly doing cheap carnival cruises.

Then it cost me $179 pp for the fees on a 4 day or $299 per person for the fees of the 7 day, your will be more plus the fees for the airfare. So, if you push enough you might even get what you paid for. Took me over a year.

I was wondering if anyone ever got a post card saying go to a 90minute sales pitch. You are entiled to a free 7night cruise from carnival..I called and they said its for a outside room. You have to pay port fee and taxes. It also says it includes 2 tickets for airfare from US airlines...Has anyone did this, how much are port fees and taxes?

It depends on where you go on the cruise. But remember there is usually a catch with these things. Can only go during a certain time ...not within 7 days before or after a holiday..things like that.

There have been multiple threads on these so called cards. Most say run the other way and that they are a scam and they never got what they were promised.

But taxes on my cruise is about 70 dollars

The offer says fees and taxes .. doesnt say the fees and taxes that are usually added on, you dont know what all fees they are adding into this. but they can add in their booking fees or whatever, and they are still stating the truth, fees and taxes.

I know its not gonna be free, since it says port fee's and taxes, Im just wondering if anyone actually has actually tryed to follow through and redeem this, and if so how much did you end up paying....even if it ended up being half price it would be good...Im thinking its a scam also, but im wondering if anyone has tryed it...

I know its not gonna be free, since it says port fee's and taxes, Im just wondering if anyone actually has actually tryed to follow through and redeem this, and if so how much did you end up paying....even if it ended up being half price it would be good...Im thinking its a scam also, but im wondering if anyone has tryed it...

As I said I sent in money both for the 4 day and also for $300 off a RCL cruise.. never got the $300 off, turns out its like a small percentage off at a time, not $300 off on one cruise, same as if I booked thru a discounter TA.

The 4 day for $358 ($179 X 2), they gave me the worst possible cabin, last inside aft, bottom deck, next to the engine and we had thumpings on our wall and cabin thru out. Our cabin steward says the cabin they gave us is usually his storage room.

Mostly they just seem to refund your money after you keep complaining after a year, at least thats what they did when I went to the BBB and I was still posting complaints, and they found a cruise and I paid the $358 again.

This subject should be a big front page permenant sticky by CC to warn people about the scam. Even still that will not stop the daily post about it I am sure. They must be making a great deal of money out of the scam or it would go away. At least the people that post their questions here are smart enough to come and ask first before they get sucked into it.

The card we received is from a local travel agent. I was told it is not for a time share or a travel club. The card has a picture of the Carnival Dream and in the upper right hand corner a logo of Norwegian Cruise lines. It has a presorted postage permit from West Palm Beach. $310 for taxes, fees and gratuities for a free week cruise for two would not be bad. IF that is all that would be charged.

The card we received is from a local travel agent. I was told it is not for a time share or a travel club. The card has a picture of the Carnival Dream and in the upper right hand corner a logo of Norwegian Cruise lines. It has a presorted postage permit from West Palm Beach. $310 for taxes, fees and gratuities for a free week cruise for two would not be bad. IF that is all that would be charged.

Did you call them?? Did they tell you how long or which cruise is only $310 in taxes and fees? 3 day NCL Sky?? something is still up that you dont know.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a flyer in the mail. Doesn't say anything about listening to a presentation.. it reads as follows:

"In celebration of your birthday, you were verified and as a result of this offer your name and ticketing number have been issued! (what the heck?? I've been verified??) You will receive an 8-day/7 night cruise for 2 with an outside cabin, leaving from any major port in the US.

Call within 48 hrs. You will also receive as a bonus, 2 round-trip airfares leaving from or going to any major airport in the continental US."

And a 877 number to call. Also, it shows whale tale and Carnival logo.

I feel the same, nothing is ever free!! There is nothing about where this is originating from. Looks scam-ish to me!!

I just went to the sales pitch, it was for world travel program membership. That program actually sounded good but not for 4,000 dollars. The certificates are valid we got one for a cruise and one for 2 airline tickets, Very restricive on times ex flyout on mom with a return over 9 days later on a wed or thurs. cruise was sept to dec and in addition to cruise fees it also had an unstated "service fee" I did my research, They wouldn't even talk to me unless I sent in the 99 dollar reservation fee. I RAN!!! sorry but I already tossed the info I found on line or I would of shared that. Patty

Archived