Epic is in port in Nassau from 12-7.. what excursions are good?

hi. i just had an itinerary change and have spent all day trying to figure out what excursions we would do. I did have Blue Lagoon Island picked for Nassau but saw a thread about it being cancelled. We need a beach day b/c we will have a 21 month old and i want to take it easy on the beach. However the only beach choice left would be a 1/2 beach day at Atlantis for $79pp.

Last time in Nassau I was on the Oasis and we did the Blackbeard's island but that is not a choice w/ NCL.

Any other good choices?

thanks!

Truthfully, I didn't find any public beaches close enough to port without going to Atlantis for way too much money. We decided to explore the shopping area a bit then back on the ship. It was great to be on the ship with barely any people there! Waterslides were empty, pools were empty and no chair hogs :)

Cabbage Beach, either a $4 or $6 taxi ride from the pier.

You can also book a day pass at the hotel that is just past Senor Frogs. Go and look at the ports of call boards!!

You are on the EPIC why even get off the ship for Nassau? You'll probably have a lot of space to enjoy while everyone is off looking at Nassau.

hi. i just had an itinerary change and have spent all day trying to figure out what excursions we would do. I did have Blue Lagoon Island picked for Nassau but saw a thread about it being cancelled. We need a beach day b/c we will have a 21 month old and i want to take it easy on the beach. However the only beach choice left would be a 1/2 beach day at Atlantis for $79pp.

Last time in Nassau I was on the Oasis and we did the Blackbeard's island but that is not a choice w/ NCL.

Any other good choices?

thanks!

I was on EPic in December 2010 and did the Blue Lagoon Beach Break. NCL did the right thing to cancel the excursion. Consider yourself lucky.

Unfortunately Epic gets to Nassau too late to do anything good. If the ship is exactly on time (noon), you wont get off the ship until 1230 at the earliest. We did not start our boat ride to Blue Lagoon until around 2pm and got to the island around 230pm. We had to start lining up for the last boat back at 4pm.

I was looking at Epic cruises when she arrives back in the USA. There are a few changes that will be so much better. Epic leaves St maarten an hour earlier to get to St Thomas at 8 am. That is good because when we left St Maarten at 7 pm, we did not get to St Thomas till 9am and had to leave by 6pm to get to Nassau almost at 1pm. I see that NCL also cancelled the Honeymoon Beach Eco hike. That was also a rushed excursion that could have been awesome.

I love Epic but the times in port were not good which had a huge impact on excursions. It looks like they tweeked things and dropped some excursions to make things better.

Any other good choices?

thanks!

With a 21 month old I agree with a previous poster who said to stay on the ship and enjoy the waterpark while everyone else is in port. You'll be close to your cabin for naptime, food readily available, and you can enjoy the deck area without the crowds. If a toddler had not been involved I would have suggested a walking tour listed in Frommer's. Or have you thought about just taking a carriage ride around then back to the ship to relax on deck? A toddler would probably love the horse...

Of all the ports, Nassau is one of our least favorites--Atlantis is expensive and Blue Lagoon was not good when we were there...

Archived