Rita's Cantina now a la carte

Ditto.... if you're paying for the food, why are you paying a $3.00 cover?

-germ

I would assume this is to keep people/kids from going in there to sit down and then not eating. $3.00 to sit and maybe that $3.00 cover will go towards the ala carte menu as it does in Izumi. (Or was it some other restaurant - I can't remember since I haven't been there yet.)

I would assume this is to keep people/kids from going in there to sit down and then not eating. $3.00 to sit and maybe that $3.00 cover will go towards the ala carte menu as it does in Izumi. (Or was it some other restaurant - I can't remember since I haven't been there yet.)

So the way to control the kids is to make everyone else pay? That sounds like a rehashed Johnny Rocket's theme. Its far more likely that it is a new money making scheme thought up in Miami one night over a few drinks.

So the way to control the kids is to make everyone else pay? That sounds like a rehashed Johnny Rocket's theme. Its far more likely that it is a new money making scheme thought up in Miami one night over a few drinks.

Exactly. If the $3 does happen to go towards the purchase of the ala carte items, what else could it be? It seems pointless to have a cover charge and then deduct it from the total bill.

Gina

-germ

I also question this.

Just doesn't seem right.

They'll keep doing it, and adding more and more of these places on board if enough folks pony up and pay!!!:(

I'd love to see a menu too!

-germ

Indeed, why? It doesn't make any sense (to me). We tried Rita's when we cruised on the Allure in January, we were a little hesitant but just had to try it to compare with the mexican food we are used to. The food in my opinion was just O.K. but then again, we have some wonderful Mexican restaurants in our area, and our favorite which we love.

The service was great, so overall we enjoyed the experience, but I don't think we'll be trying it again.

tried ritas on the radiance they had the $3 cover charge but the menu prices were very reasonable,the food was very good the chips with the salsa were the best i ever had,when we went there were only 3 tables occupied,the staff were very attentive and helpful,we would do it again

tried ritas on the radiance they had the $3 cover charge but the menu prices were very reasonable,the food was very good the chips with the salsa were the best i ever had,when we went there were only 3 tables occupied,the staff were very attentive and helpful,we would do it again

If I may ask, what is "very reasonable"? I don't mind paying a set cover and I don't mind paying a la carte but I must admit that paying both is irksome even if it is a small amount.

I wonder if this will increase or decrease the number of people who eat there?

Wondering if there is a manditory tip on top of that

Pretty much everything on the ships that have a charge, other than items sold in the stores, have a 15% gratuity added to it. So would bet the items sold in Rita's have a gratuity added in addition to the cover.

We booked the Rita Fest night for our Allure sailing in August and I definitely hope since we already paid $20 that the food is still included and they won't try to charge us extra...I will be interested in seeing the new menu prices once they are available..

How do you know that the extra hour in Nassau will be permanent? Did they make announcement? I am very interested in this, because we want to go to Atlantis on our cruise in August.

I was looking on all eastern caribbean cruises on Allure and saw this. I talked to RCL and they told me the ship can go fast enough that they can stay an extra hour.

[quote name='cruisingator2']We are currently on board the Allure. Effective with our cruise Rita's has gone from a $7.95 service charge to a $3.00 service charge and all food is now priced a la carte. Basically the same as what they did with the Seafood Shack on Oasis. Not sure how they will handle it with those that pre paid for lunch. Will found out later in the week when we have lunch there again.

Also, today in Nassau we are not leaving until 2:00 in place of the 1:00 that was scheduled.

So far a great cruise. Over 1800 kids on board right now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. Hope you are having a wonderul time. Did you happen to notice what time Rita's Fiesta was held on the first night? 6 pm or 8:30 pm?

Archived