Cunard Cruise Connect

eratog2

I have just booked a transatlantic back to back for next May, and my thoughts are now turning to getting to Southampton. I live in Cyprus, so have to fly in to the UK first. I'm thinking of maybe going a couple of days early and combining a visit to my brother pre-cruise, and getting the Cruise Connect coach from Preston. Is this the same day as embarkation, and approx what time would it leave Preston?

Our last coach transfer left Blackpool at 6.45am, picked up at Bolton, and several other places & we were on board around 2.30 for a late lunch! Good service & comfortable coaches.

Bev

ps off topic - but Hi Heywood, how are you?

Has anyone used cruiseconnect from Glasgow or Carlisle? If so, can you remember when the coach left? Thanks:)

We used it from Blackpool when we cruised on both QE2 and QV and I recall the coach came from Carlisle leaving about 5.00am, called at Blackpool Airport at c7.00am and we picked up at the Tickled Trout at Preston (adjacent to the M6) and also called at Knutsford Services and Warwick Services for short breaks. As others have said we arrived at Southampton just after 2pm and in time for a late lunch on board!!! Delays are always catered for and the ship would be held for a time........

For more details give them a call.

ps off topic - but Hi Heywood, how are you?

Hi Bev,

not too bad - a bit sad because we have had to cancel our trip in September - a bit of a health investigation- hence no insurance cover. Hopefully it will be resolved soon and then we will see what transpires.

What do you have planned - if I remember rightly it's elsewhere. I had read of your sojourn aboard QE :)

heywood

(sorry to digress)

Archived