Am I reading Crown deck plans correctly?

pakarinen

Looks like there is a large open area at the bow on the Riviera deck under the bridge wings. And I see an Emerald / Promenade walk? Are there good places to sit out of the sun there? Any tips on accessing those areas? We’ll be on the Dolphin deck about mid-ship. Thanks.

Looks like there is a large open area at the bow on the Riviera deck under the bridge wings. And I see an Emerald / Promenade walk? Are there good places to sit out of the sun there? Any tips on accessing those areas? We’ll be on the Dolphin deck about mid-ship. Thanks.
I rarely go to the front of the ship so I don't know what's there on Riviera deck or how accessible it is. I don't think it's covered so you'd be in the sun. As for the Emerald "promenade", that's an extension of the promenade from Promenade deck. It's mostly used by people walking/jogging the deck. I don't think there are chairs there.

A good place to sit out of the sun is at the back of the ship outside Sabatini's/Adagio Lounge. The Horizon Terrace has tables and chairs out of the sun. I don't do sun so if I'm looking for a place to go and lounge, I go to the pool area, usually the Calypso Reef and Pool, where there are loungers and tables and chairs on the side out of the sun.

I stayed in a Riviera deck room the last time I was on the Crown. If I recall correctly (and my photos seem to bear it out), there is no open space forward on Riviera deck...that's where the bridge actually is located.

This shot was taken from my balcony:

2124534820079365048S600x600Q85.jpg

Now, I did look at the Crown deck plans on the Princess site, and they do show something that sure looks like an open area there, but, unless they moved the bridge, it can't be.;)

I think the area they're showing is actually the bridge roof, which is accessible from Lido deck. It is completely open, no shade.

2078065640079365048S600x600Q85.jpg

That area is the bridge itself and offices and cabins for some of the staff. Not really an open area at all and not accessible to passengers.

I rarely go to the front of the ship so I don't know what's there on Riviera deck or how accessible it is. I don't think it's covered so you'd be in the sun. As for the Emerald "promenade", that's an extension of the promenade from Promenade deck. It's mostly used by people walking/jogging the deck. I don't think there are chairs there.

A good place to sit out of the sun is at the back of the ship outside Sabatini's/Adagio Lounge. The Horizon Terrace has tables and chairs out of the sun. I don't do sun so if I'm looking for a place to go and lounge, I go to the pool area, usually the Calypso Reef and Pool, where there are loungers and tables and chairs on the side out of the sun.

Pam you're absolutely correct. On any vessel with the forward raised portion of Promenade, there are no chairs/loungers of any sort. I believe this could be a logistical nightmare. Firstly there is no space to store them, and this (other than above the bridge) tends to be one of the windiest, weather beaten parts of any Princess deckspace. The raised portion of the Promenade is somewhat narrower than down below.

I, as you, have never seen any access to that portion of Riviera forward of staterooms R201/202. It may be a misprint on the deckplans. While I may be mistaken the Bridge is located forward on Riviera Deck of the aforementioned staterooms.

Ciao for now!!!

The definitive answer is that the forward area of Riviera deck IS the bridge and officer's quarters. I'm not sure why that area looks like decking on the Princess deck plans...

Although there are no chairs on the upper Promenade (Emerald) deck, you can access that area by going forward on Emerald and you'll find some doors that will lead you out there (or, of course, the traditional way by walking forward on the Promenade and climb the stairs up...).

The crew pool is on Dolphin, but is quite inaccessible to passengers...

5347649559_8d2b67edc7_z.jpg

Barbados 101 by RickEk, on Flickr

Archived