CENTURY 3-12 to 3-19 Western Caribbean

Lois R

Lois,

Thanks so much for your review. We have sailed on Celebrity before, but our upcoming transatlantic cruise in May will be the first time on the Century. We are really looking forward to it.

You mentioned some changes to be made when the ship goes into drydock. Do you know when that will be?

Thanks! :)

Mary Lou

Hi:) I wasn't given a definite date but when you look at the schedule on the X website it seems there are no sailings listed for part of Jan and Feb. I am thinking she will be in drydock at that time.

Hey Lois,

I've got to know. Did Lou from the pub krawl drink with y'all? What a great job.

Do you know if they are going to refurbish the Century at the Jan/Feb dry-dock? Our Millie cruise was absolutely fabulous, but a wee bit crowded up on deck. I want to try Century next. I'm thinking maybe it's a cross between Zenith and the Millie. Best of both worlds so to speak.

Thanks for hotel recommendation in FLL. It was great. You always take such good care of us.

David

hi David:) do you know Lou? I don't recall if he drank or not. He was very nice though and gave us information on each bar.

I don't know what they are going to do to her during drydock in total. I know Images is going to be redone but I can't tell you anything else because I don't have any other info.

Did you stay at Amerisuites?

Now I want to try Millie too;)

HI Lois: Thanks for the info on the Martini Tasting !! I will be meeting my CC group at the Martini Bar on Sat. night 4/30. I am not a martini drinker....the last time I did a tasting was on the Summit last year at that time to celebrate my birthday. Maybe this time........with age....... I will like martinis more !!!

Hi Lois,

Just got back from a trip for business and pleasure to Las Vegas. Saw my friends Toni and Gord from Canada who we met on CC 9 months before our cruise. We managed to enhance our new friendship. But, I was awaiting your review......it is for you, still a great ship.

For us, we cannot wait until 4/06 as we have been assured that she is going into dry dock for a makeover.......pretty big one. She will be out of commission for almost a full month.

Glad you enjoyed Erol each evening before dinner. He is a delight and so is the ship. We should probably try another Century ship, but we loved the feel of this one, and a little makeover couldn't hurt.

Bravo was good again, eh? We thank you for that recommendation. We truly enjoyed it.

PJ

Hi Lois!:) Glad to hear you had a fabulous cruise - we knew you would! I enjoyed reading your review.

Can you tell me about the "Mexican Cuisine" excursion you took in Cozumel? I'm having a hard time finding any excursions Mom might like. We are even thinking about taking her to the Xcaret Park in Playa del Carmen but, it will be a 7 hour trip.

Thanks again for your help, Ruthann :D

Hi PJ:)

Hope you and Toni had fun in Vegas:D

Ruthann!!! Hey girl, tell Mom and Trey hi from me.

The Mexican Cuisine Workshop was WONDERFUL. They took us to a resort right on the beach. Check out my picutres below. You will see me with the Chef and his Assistant. They had it set up like a station for 4. Each station had a grill as well as a burner. Example, you and Trey would be across from each other and me and your Mom. (this was all under a roof, not out on the beach). But the beach itself was only about 100 feet away maybe.

We made a full Mexican Meal. Appetizier, Entree and Dessert and it included all the drinks you wanted. (adult libations as well). We had a fantastic time and I would recommend this to anyone who wants to learn, have fun and meet some great people.

(oh, you have to like to eat too:D ). We made fresh grouper with a mango sauce~YUMMY!!!

It is 74.00 and we left the ship about 11am and I was back about 3:30.

Definitely this is a THUMBS UP Excursion:D

Hi Lois, Have your legs gotten back to normal yet?

That Food excursion sounds fun, but I know my DH will have trouble laying out that much for food when he can have it for free on the ship....any other highlights about it that would convince him to try it?

I saw you took the Zuiderdam a while back. We are planning a trip there this Aug. Could you tell me first hand what differences you found. I wish Celebrity would have kept the 9 day on the Century or Galaxy for the summer in the Caribbean.

Shawn called us and left a voice mail, he mentioned seeing you!:D

Kathy:) tell him hello next time you speak please!

For what it is worth, this was one of the best excursions I have ever done. Actually it is tied for 1st.

I understand him not wanting to pay for food, In the past I said the same thing.

But I am REALLY glad I did this one.

Now, for your other question. I will try and be politcally correct so others who like HAL won't bash me to death:rolleyes:

My experience was not stellar. I met some really nice folks from these boards...(Ruthann and her hubby and Mom from this post) was one of my best highlights.:D

But the service I experienced was definitely lacking. The food was only mediocre and I doubt I will sail them again.

Now, the entertainment was VERY GOOD and they have an excellent Piano Bar and I did enjoy the Promonade Deck (it wraps around the whole ship).

So it wasn't like it was a horrible week. But, for me, the service on Celebrity wins hands down.

You are probably going to have people now reply to my reply~but this was my experience.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the opinion. I thought about booking for Burmuda in Aug. this year, but I was told that a lot of kids are on that run, so we opted for Holland. I was planning on a different experience and I'm sure it will be fine and that it will make me want the upcomming trip in Feb with Celebrity all the more excellent. We originally had the Millie booked for April 06', but I just can't wait that long between cruises, so we are moving it up to Feb.06' instead. I have three kids, all getting married within 1-1/2 years:D , so if the food on Holland isn't as scrumptious, it will help me keep my weight down for at least two of the ceremonies:p . The first one is in July, before we leave, so I'm safe for that one, then Sept. and again next year Aug..

We will be sure to say Hi to Shawn for you!:D

Hi Kathy:) I am sure you will have a good time.

It is sort of hard to explain because it was not one specific thing~the overall ambiance of the cruise was totally different than I had been used to on X.

Now, I did have a couple of specific instances that do stand out.

Let's just say I had a meeting with the ship's Hotel Manager. I tried to be calm and collected. But I was quite displeased with his attitude towards me.

I know people can say service and food always vary from ship to ship, line to line.

But the service on Zuiderdam couldn't hold a candle to any of my X cruises.

Thanks for the info Lois! :D

I just booked a "shore excursion" for us - a cabin upgrade. We are not going to tell Mom & watch her be surprised. It's also a first for me booking a guarantee. I decided to be brave and if I don't like the room hopefully I'll have time to do another upgrade.

I'm sure Trey would like the Mexican Cuisine Excursion - he likes to cook & Mom likes to bake. Did you book it on the ship or off the ship? It's not an option listed for us.

I think if we would have made you eat dinner with us some of your cruise would have been nicer???:confused: I still feel bad you didn't have a very nice cruise.

Maybe someday we will be able to cruise together. Now that we are trying another Cruise Line why not go for one more! Keep me updated on your future cruises.

Have a nice weekend, Ruthann:)

Lois, e-mail me please and tell all. Hee hee:D Sorry you had such a hard time there, sure hope it is better now. I'm glad you got to go on Century again. I just priced the Feb.- 9 day- on her and WOW did the price ever go up!:( She is going into dry dock before then and they tell me it will be a major re-do, it must be the reason for the dramatic price increase.

n-e-g-o-s-h-i-a-n-@- s-b-c-g-l-o-b-a-l-.-n-e-t Take out the obvious - 's, just don't want the e-mail goblins to get me.

Hi folks:)

Ruthann, the Mexican Cuisine Excursion was listed on the Celebrity website. And I think it has only been offered for about 2 or 3 months. Quite new really.

And as I said, you, Trey and Mom definitely made my cruise better:)

Kathy, I will email you over the weekend. Or just email me at

lo1958@hotmail.com that is the address listed on my profile. I don't have alot of energy to do a long email this evening:eek: This cold is wiping me out.

O'Cruisers...here is my review. I actually submitted it to CC the other day. Now I wonder how long it will take to reach "member reviews".

Hi Kathy:) I actually slept most of the night. Nose is not running but just plenty sore and red.

The review.....is the first long paragraph of this thread. (Before the dialouge between posters). I went to submit it and when I did, there was a little box that came up and it said they are backed up:eek:. So, I have no idea when it will be posted.

Archived