Allure of the Seas June 19th Review with Pictures

Dinner:

Like I said, I am going to need an entire post just to show my dinner, because I ate so much food. Here we go!

SDC14000.jpg

Cesar Salad

SDC13102.jpg

Lobster Bisque

SDC13103.jpg

Shrimp Cocktail

SDC13104.jpg

Fillet of Beef

SDC13105.jpg

Lobster Ravioli

SDC13106.jpg

CHEESECAKE!!!!!!

Yes, all of this food was ordered by ME ONLY! And yes, I did eat every single bit of it. YUM!

Next up: The rest of the night.

Rest of the Night:

After dinner, me and my aunt went to go see Chicago. I have never seen Chicago before, and I thought it was very good. My aunt mentioned that they cut out some sup-plots, but that can be expected because they have a time limit.

SDC13107.jpg

Stage set up for Chicago

After that, I just walked around. I like to stay up late (especially on cruises). I was up every night until at least 2:00 am, or until a crew member would tell me to go to bed. I am 16, so my ship "curfew" is 2:00am. I like to stay up late for the same reason people like to get up early, there are usually not many people around the ship, however, there were a surprising amount of people that were out past 2 every night. Most of these people were in the Royal Promenade, if I went out into Central Park or Boardwalk, I would be the only one.

SDC13126.jpg

Promenade was pretty empty.

SDC13136.jpg

Central park lit up at night.

Next up: Labadee, Haiti

So how much weight did you put on, I have 19 days coming up, want to know how much to lose before I am on the cruise

great review

I have no idea. But whatever I did gain is probably all gone now. I wouldn't worry too much. IF YOU WANT IT, EAT IT!!!!!!!! :p

Labadee:

Labadee is very nice! This was my second time there, I was also here back in April on the Navigator. I was still amazed at how mountainous the island is.

SDC13138.jpg

Labadee mountains

SDC13156.jpg

View from the Aquatheater

SDC13162.jpg

View from my bed!

I enjoyed myself more this time around because we had more time. On the Navigator, we docked an hour later and departed an hour earlier, so we had more time to enjoy the island on the Allure.

SDC13163.jpg

SDC13164.jpg

The ship is MASSIVE!

SDC13171.jpg

Labadee is the perfect place to get the perfect shot of whatever ship you are on!

More of Labadee to come.

Hi Will. We are practically neighbors - I live in Media, Delaware County. Just found your review and I am LOVING it. We will be on Allure for the first time in September. We are also staying at the Embassy Suites for the first time. When I made the reservation I requested a view of the port on an upper floor. Do you remember which floor you were on? Also, how was the breakfast? Was it crazy busy? I have heard that it is very difficult finding a place to sit during breakfast. Looking forward to the rest of your review. Wanda

Labadee (Cont.):

Our zipline wasn't until 11:30, so we went to the beach for a little bit. The beach that we went to was the same one that I went to on the Navigator, it's the one just past the suite only beach area.

SDC13178.jpg

Beach

As I said on the Navigator as well, if you go up the the old bell tower, there is a gap in the trees where you can climb down onto the rocks. It takes a little bit of work, but you get an unobstructed view of the ship, water, mountains, and both the suite beach and the regular beach. It is beautiful.

SDC13179.jpg

Allure from the rocks

SDC13186.jpg

I love this picture!

SDC13187.jpg

Those aren't the rocks you have to climb on, but that gives you an idea of how far out into the water this little set of rocks goes.

Thanks to Bionicman, I also found another area that is to the left of the dock when you first get on the island. I had not gone here in April, so this was a whole other side that I had never seen before.

SDC13205.jpg

View of Allure from up there.

This area was beautiful, with large rock formations and winding paths. There was an eating area that no one was at, I wonder how many people actually know about it.

SDC13220.jpg

All the way in the distance, you can see a little hut. There is a path that leads all the way out there, and that is Dragon's Breath Point.

More of Labadee coming up.

Hi Will. We are practically neighbors - I live in Media, Delaware County. Just found your review and I am LOVING it. We will be on Allure for the first time in September. We are also staying at the Embassy Suites for the first time. When I made the reservation I requested a view of the port on an upper floor. Do you remember which floor you were on? Also, how was the breakfast? Was it crazy busy? I have heard that it is very difficult finding a place to sit during breakfast. Looking forward to the rest of your review. Wanda

We were on the highest floor, which was 12. Breakfast was good, but it was very difficult to find a seat. Maybe even more difficult than the Windjammer! :eek: :p. It's not that it was hard to find a place to eat, there just weren't really many tables. We wound up sitting pretty much the furthest possible table from where all the food was, but there weren't many other occupied tables there.

Labadee (Cont.):

Here are some more rocks.

SDC13219.jpg

SDC13222.jpg

SDC13223.jpg

View back from Dragon's Breath Point

Now it was time for our zipline! If you haven't done this yet, it's awesome! If you want a more in depth review of the zipline, check out my Navigator review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1403357

SDC13241.jpg

Little Dragon practice line.

SDC13257.jpg

That's what I'm talking about!

SDC13265.jpg

My lunch. Ribs were very dry, but the chicken was DELICIOUS!!!

More Labadee coming up.

I have no idea. But whatever I did gain is probably all gone now. I wouldn't worry too much. IF YOU WANT IT, EAT IT!!!!!!!! :p

Ah the joys of having a 16 year old metabolism.

My tip for a slightly older metabolism is if you want to eat it, eat it. Then take the stairs in both directions at least some of the time and don't forget to eat plenty of fiber (channeling Dr. Oz). Also, don't forget your formal clothes might "shrink" during the duration of your cruise. Pack things you'll be comfortable in taking this into consideration.

Labadee (Cont.):

SDC13271.jpg

Here is out on more rocks, looking back at the "normal people" beach

After we did the zipline, we went back to the beach for a while and then headed back to the ship.

SDC13291.jpg

Time to go home!

SDC13317.jpg

Mountains in the background! I got a similar shot from Navigator, but it is impossible to get the whole width of Allure in one picture!

SDC13343.jpg

Bye bye Labadee!

After leaving Labadee, you sail between two islands, which is pretty neat. There are large, mountainous islands fairly close on either side of the ship. I went up to the "secret" deck all the way forward on deck 14 to watch the sunset.

SDC13389.jpg

Here was the view. You can't really tell in the pictures, but the water was VERY blue.

SDC13396.jpg

Looking back on the rest of the ship.

Next up: Rest of the night

Hi Will,

I am really enjoying your review! I am about halfway through looking at all of your pics in photobucket but it is nice to have the narrative to go along with it!

Thanks so much for sharing, anxiously awaiting more! :D

Jen

I was on the Allure of the Seas from June 19th - June 26th with stops in Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel. I had a great time! I now have all of my pictures on the computer, but they are not uploaded to photobucket yet, so that might take some time.

i cant see any of the pictures

After that, I explored the ship. It is pretty much identical to Oasis, but there are some minor differences. I'll go more in depth with the different areas later.

[Tapping my fingers on the desk, impatiently waiting . . .] :D

I would really love to sail on one of the Oasis-class behemoths, but at the prices they're charging, I don't see myself being able to take more than one cruise on them. So I'm very interested to hear about the differences between the two, to help me decide which one to try -- assuming that it makes any difference.

Yes, all of this food was ordered by ME ONLY! And yes, I did eat every single bit of it. YUM!

So how much weight did you put on

When I was 16, I too could eat as much as I wanted and not gain an ounce. I lost that ability sometime around age 28 or so (shaking head wistfully).

To clarify, the ability that I lost was to not gain an ounce. I'm still quite capable of eating a lot of food . . . unfortunately!

For those of us who are not so fortunate as to have Will's metabolism, the previous suggestion to make frequent use of the stairways is an excellent one. I rarely saw the inside of an elevator on my last two cruises, and I managed to leave the ship with the same number of pounds as I had when I boarded!

Will, looking forward to the rest of your review!

Archived