Favorite Martini?

BurBunny

Well, it's time for me to expand my martini knowledge. In June on the Century, I'm planning on sampling some I've not tried before - my martini experience is woefully thin. Of course I've heard about the chocolate, lemon drop, cosmo, green apple... but what is your favorite of these or others?

Please help me in my exploration!

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

Burbunny, The French Martini hands down. I don't have a clue to what it is but Lois and VC have been raving about it for a year and my husband bought a bottle of Chamboard so he can have them at home. icon_wink.gif

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05

[This message was edited by brigittetom on 04-26-04 at 01:32 AM.]

Hi Ambericon_smile.gifyep, the French...and that is what I have to go back to when I sail the Horizon icon_biggrin.gif.

Quick story....I went out to dinner Friday night to a new restaurant...nice "eat in bar"...they had a full menu of "Martini's"...bartender made me a French....tasted almost as good as on the ship icon_wink.gif...the operative word..."almost" LOL

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

My favorite martini is the green apple with the cosmo a close second. I really didn't care too much for the French martini, it was too bitter for me.Others at my table loved it though.

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess 3/05

Lois - I thought it was the French one, but it was at the end of the martini tasting and I definitely could have it confused. By that time I wasn't really sure about anything! icon_biggrin.gif Maybe that's why everyone else at my dinner table that tried them liked them so much.

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess 3/05

Yeah - the French Martini is my wife's favorite. I think it has vodka, Chambourd, and pineapple juice. I should have had the color and taste of raspberries - certainly one of the sweeter martinis.

I liked every one I tried (about 10 or so) except the gin martini. Just couldn't get into the taste.

-Rich

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;8;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

'til I'm back on the Galaxy

My favorite was the Century Martini. Madelyne at the Martini bar on Zenith gave me a print out of the recipes.

The martinis are large with 4 oz of alcohol in them.

The Century:

3 oz. Absolute Vodka

1 oz. Blue Curacao

1 oz. fresh lemon juice.

fill shaker with ice and shake, pour through strainer and enjoy! icon_biggrin.gif

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

On the X Connie I tried a few, but usually stuck with the apple. Went over Valentines Day and they had a great Valentini. But went to a local restaurant and had a cappacino "tini" and it was wonderful!! Had dbl cap. and godiva choc.

Great after dinner drink!

Hi Amber, another vote for the french martini here. Debbi

1998 Imagination

1999 Voyager of Seas

2000 Ocean Princess

2001 Explorer of Seas

2002 Radiance of Seas

2003 Golden Princess & Navigator of Seas

2004 Tahitian Princess

2004 Millenium

Oh my!!!! I just got off Infinity yesterday. They have expanded their Martini Menu, of course they also raised prices from $6.95 to $8.95. Nevertheless, my brand new favorite Martini in the entire world is the Watermelon Martini. Kettle One Vodka, watermelon liquer and a couple of small cubes of watermelon.

I only had one French Martini and one Century the entire cruise (those 2 use to be my favorites). The rest were Watermelon. I miss them and the ship already.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;18;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

7 Night Eastern Carribean on Infinity

Big Red Boat II – New York to Canada/New England, August 2000

Regal Empress – New York to Canada/New England, August 2001

Millennium – 10 Night Southern Caribbean, August 2002

Millennium – 13 Night Mediterranean, August 2003

Infinity – Eastern Caribbean, April 2004

With all these votes for French martinis I'll have to give it another try. Maybe I'll remember it better this time.

I hadn't heard of the Chocolate Cream martini, that sounds awfully good too!

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess 3/05

My personal all time fave is the Nutty Rose which I had invented for me aboard the Summit!!!! Yummy!!!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Wow! I'd never heard of a French Martini, but it definitely will have to be on the list. Yum!

What a fantastic list, everyone. Thank you! I'm definitely hoping to make it to the martini tasting, but my time onboard is not entirely my own to schedule. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

If I'm looking for some tart or tangy rather than really sweet martinis - what others should I be looking for as well?

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

I had a chocolate martini on the last RCI cruise. It looked very much like Bailey's in a martini glass, however I don't think Baileys was in it. I like the following

1. French martini

2. Chocolate martini

3. Cosmopolitan

Looking forward to trying a lot more on the Infinity in September.

Oh I forgot about the Chocolate Martini's but I like those for an after dinner drink. Do any of you remember Brandy Ice? That use to be a very popular afterdinner drink years ago. Those were great too. icon_smile.gif

Never had a Martini before but you can bet I will in two weeks! Can't decide what to start off with...the Watermelon sounds especially yummy and so does the French! Can you get these Martinis at all the bars on Century?

Newbie---First cruise May 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;08;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

25th Wedding Anniversary on Century

Archived