Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BurBunny

Favorite Martini?

Well, it's time for me to expand my martini knowledge. In June on the Century, I'm planning on sampling some I've not tried before - my martini experience is woefully thin. Of course I've heard about the chocolate, lemon drop, cosmo, green apple... but what is your favorite of these or others?

Please help me in my exploration!

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

Burbunny, The French Martini hands down. I don't have a clue to what it is but Lois and VC have been raving about it for a year and my husband bought a bottle of Chamboard so he can have them at home. icon_wink.gif

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05

[This message was edited by brigittetom on 04-26-04 at 01:32 AM.]

Hi Ambericon_smile.gifyep, the French...and that is what I have to go back to when I sail the Horizon icon_biggrin.gif.

Quick story....I went out to dinner Friday night to a new restaurant...nice "eat in bar"...they had a full menu of "Martini's"...bartender made me a French....tasted almost as good as on the ship icon_wink.gif...the operative word..."almost" LOL

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

icon_razz.gifBurbunny

When you are on the Century go to the MARTINI tasting it's worth the $5.00 it will inprove your day and your likeing for that bev.

Jim

My favorite martini is the green apple with the cosmo a close second. I really didn't care too much for the French martini, it was too bitter for me.Others at my table loved it though.

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess 3/05

Lois - I thought it was the French one, but it was at the end of the martini tasting and I definitely could have it confused. By that time I wasn't really sure about anything! icon_biggrin.gif Maybe that's why everyone else at my dinner table that tried them liked them so much.

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess 3/05

Yeah - the French Martini is my wife's favorite. I think it has vodka, Chambourd, and pineapple juice. I should have had the color and taste of raspberries - certainly one of the sweeter martinis.

I liked every one I tried (about 10 or so) except the gin martini. Just couldn't get into the taste.

-Rich

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;8;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

'til I'm back on the Galaxy

My favorite was the Century Martini. Madelyne at the Martini bar on Zenith gave me a print out of the recipes.

The martinis are large with 4 oz of alcohol in them.

The Century:

3 oz. Absolute Vodka

1 oz. Blue Curacao

1 oz. fresh lemon juice.

fill shaker with ice and shake, pour through strainer and enjoy! icon_biggrin.gif

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

On the X Connie I tried a few, but usually stuck with the apple. Went over Valentines Day and they had a great Valentini. But went to a local restaurant and had a cappacino "tini" and it was wonderful!! Had dbl cap. and godiva choc.

Great after dinner drink!

Hi Amber, another vote for the french martini here. Debbi

1998 Imagination

1999 Voyager of Seas

2000 Ocean Princess

2001 Explorer of Seas

2002 Radiance of Seas

2003 Golden Princess & Navigator of Seas

2004 Tahitian Princess

2004 Millenium

Oh my!!!! I just got off Infinity yesterday. They have expanded their Martini Menu, of course they also raised prices from $6.95 to $8.95. Nevertheless, my brand new favorite Martini in the entire world is the Watermelon Martini. Kettle One Vodka, watermelon liquer and a couple of small cubes of watermelon.

I only had one French Martini and one Century the entire cruise (those 2 use to be my favorites). The rest were Watermelon. I miss them and the ship already.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;18;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

7 Night Eastern Carribean on Infinity

Big Red Boat II – New York to Canada/New England, August 2000

Regal Empress – New York to Canada/New England, August 2001

Millennium – 10 Night Southern Caribbean, August 2002

Millennium – 13 Night Mediterranean, August 2003

Infinity – Eastern Caribbean, April 2004

My favorite is the Chocolate Cream Martini. They make two kinds, Chocolate and Chocolate Cream. It taste like a fudgecicle! icon_smile.gif

With all these votes for French martinis I'll have to give it another try. Maybe I'll remember it better this time.

I hadn't heard of the Chocolate Cream martini, that sounds awfully good too!

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess 3/05

My personal all time fave is the Nutty Rose which I had invented for me aboard the Summit!!!! Yummy!!!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Wow! I'd never heard of a French Martini, but it definitely will have to be on the list. Yum!

What a fantastic list, everyone. Thank you! I'm definitely hoping to make it to the martini tasting, but my time onboard is not entirely my own to schedule. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

If I'm looking for some tart or tangy rather than really sweet martinis - what others should I be looking for as well?

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

I had a chocolate martini on the last RCI cruise. It looked very much like Bailey's in a martini glass, however I don't think Baileys was in it. I like the following

1. French martini

2. Chocolate martini

3. Cosmopolitan

Looking forward to trying a lot more on the Infinity in September.

I really liked the "Bloodytini". Kind of the Bloody Mary of martinis.

Mercury 9/24/04 Cabo Wabo Party

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&prgb=32CD32&cdt=2004;09;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Oh I forgot about the Chocolate Martini's but I like those for an after dinner drink. Do any of you remember Brandy Ice? That use to be a very popular afterdinner drink years ago. Those were great too. icon_smile.gif

Never had a Martini before but you can bet I will in two weeks! Can't decide what to start off with...the Watermelon sounds especially yummy and so does the French! Can you get these Martinis at all the bars on Century?

Newbie---First cruise May 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;08;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

25th Wedding Anniversary on Century

If you like green apple martinis, you might like to try a recipe I created for my wife. She swears it's better than any she's ever had in a martini bar or restaurant and I have to admit she's tried about all of them.... sigh. It's one jigger of apple-infused vodka (she prefers Van Gogh, but any quality vodka will do just fine), one part of apple schnappes, and one part of Midori melon liqueur. The Midori makes the martini more mellow and has what my wife describes as the perfect sweet-sour combination. Personally, I prefer the classic gin martini with either a twist of lemon or olives stuffed with bleu cheese. When we were on the Summit this last Thanksgiving, the martini tasting was only $5.00, although the martini prices had risen to $7.95. They also had a 7" high stainless steel shaker which said "Celebrity X Cruises" on it. The cost for this was something like $7.00 if you also ordered a martini and $12.00 if you bought it without ordering a drink. I bought one to add to my martini glass and shaker collections.

Allen

U.S.S. Mitchell.. "cruise" to Korea 1960

U.S.S. Mann.."cruise" back to San Francisco 1962

NCL Southward..E. Caribbean 1986

Majesty of the Seas..W. Caribbean 1994

Sovereign of the Seas..British Isles, Paris, Amsterdam 1996

Legend of the Seas..Mediterranean 2001

SeaDreamI..Spain, Gibraltar Canaries 2001

Nordic Empress..W. Caribbean Belize 2002

Summit..(best ship ever!) S. Caribbean 2003

Constellation...Scandinavia and Baltics 7-31-04

Last year on the century the sample deal was 5 dollars a person. If it went up to 10.00 I would still think it's a good deal {thats because I get to drink the ones my wife doesnt like) icon_cool.gif

Jim

Hi...yes, you can get the martinis at any of the bars. But, if you order one at one of the outside bars...(pool) it won't be served in a "Martini Glass". So I would stick to something that tastes good in plastic if you are outdoors. icon_wink.gif

Did that make sense? icon_eek.gif they don't use "GLASS" at the pool.

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

I like the fruity type of martini's once in a while but are too sweet for me to go the long haulicon_smile.gif

My favorite:

Chopin or Grey Goose vodka, shaken, very very very cold (till your hand freezes to the shaker) straight up with 3 olives served in a big martini glass which has been pre chilled. The perfect way to start an evening - 2 of these and you are good to go! The beauty of this is you can switch to wine (red or white) or champagne or anything else and not get sick (or a hangover the next day) icon_smile.gif

Is it 5:00 yet????

Thanks Lois...that makes perfect sense. I can taste them now...soon...very soon!

Newbie---First cruise May 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;08;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

25th Wedding Anniversary on Century

IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE!!!!

Jim

SEABREEZ 98

OCEANBREEZ 99

MAJESTY 2000

SENSATION 2001

CENTURY 2003

CENTURY JULY 10 2004

My favs are:

Limon'

Delight

French

Century

After Dinner

Chocolate Cream (Be careful, if you are getting a drink that looks like it has cream in it you are drinking a chocolate cream which is not on the printed menu but is made at all X Martini Bars. Madelyn told me people weren't crazy about the Chocolate Kiss that's on the menu so they came up with the Cream)

Creame Brulee

Can't wait to get back! They just aren't the same without the ocean out the window and the breadsticks!!!

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

My favorite martini is the blue cheese stuffed olive with Grey Goose Vodka. Our bartender on the Mercury a few years ago turned us on to this. Pat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TaznBugs:

IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE!!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, right here. icon_biggrin.gif

Celebrity Century 5/8/04 -Western Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;8;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnival Ecstasy 2/04 - Baja

Tahitian Princess 2/03- French Polynesia

Sea Princess 7/02 - Alaska

Carnival Ecstasy 5/02 - Baja

Royal Caribbean Monarch 10/00 - Southern Caribbean

Carnival Elation 10/99 - Mexican Riviera

Royal Caribbean Monarch 1/97 - Southern Caribbean

Can't wait to try all of those! I had an apple martini on the Legend last year and it was terrible. Those are usually my favorite, it really depends on who makes it. Chickie & Pete's in Philly makes awesome ones! Just wish I knew what exactly was in them so I can make it myself.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;02;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Celebrity Century!!!

Carnival Legend 10/2003

Carnival Sensation 11/2002

There are so many variations that it's hard to tell. For example the appletini they make around here has carmel drizzled in the glass prior to making. The apple martini on the X ships is more of a strong drink that I personally did not care for. But there are still LOTS of great ones to try on the ship! That's why I loved the tasting! There were two on the 4/11 Zenith, $5 each and they had different drinks at each. On the 3/1 Horizon (same number of nights) they only did one and it was $10. Go figure!

BTW, did anyone notice that some things were cheaper on the Zenith? Having just come off the Horizon 30 days prior, I was aware that several things on the Zenith were a few dollars cheaper than they were on the Horizon, Wonder why? And is this true on other X ships?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Just off the Connie and Sudi is the best! I vote for the French Martini and the Chocolate Kiss. The tasting was $5.00 last week for 5 small tastes, a great deal.

Love the VAnilla Martini with Coke (they also make it with a splash of sprite if you prefer) but also love the Cosmo and French...Hubby is a Martini Limon fan!! Can't wait they taste the BEst in the Martini Bar!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Did you ever notice that the 'best martini bartender' is always the one we just had? Could it be something about when we see them they are always bringing us those yummy drinks? LOL! I'll bet those bartenders make the best extra tips of all the bartenders on board. I know I always give them an extra $20. And try to bring them home with me!