Food options on Freedom that are included in cruise price

I am sure this has probably been answered several times, but I could not locate, so please forgive me.

Does anyone have menus for the "free" food options on the Freedom? How about room service menus?

I am sure this has probably been answered several times, but I could not locate, so please forgive me.

Does anyone have menus for the "free" food options on the Freedom? How about room service menus?

Your free food options are:

Main Dining Room

Windjammer Buffet

Promenade Cafe

Sorrentos Pizza

Room Service (note after midnight there is a small service charge for room service)

Specialty Restaurants: Prices reflect the most recent change from Royal Caribbean (they just increased the prices effective this month)

Chops Grille $30

Portofino $30

Johnny Rockets $5 cover charge

I hope this helps and if I missed something I'm sure someone else will post what I missed.

Main Dining Room

Windjammer Buffet

Promenade Cafe

Sorrentos Pizza

Room Service (note after midnight there is a small service charge for room service)

Specialty Restaurants: Prices reflect the most recent change from Royal Caribbean (they just increased the prices effective this month)

Chops Grille $30

Portofino $30

I hope this helps and if I missed something I'm sure someone else will post what I missed.

Portofino is $20

Johnny Rockets is $4.95

Room service is $3.95 between midnight and 5:00 a.m.

Ben & Jerry's is pay by the scoop, similar to land prices. I think they've added a fee-based cupcakery since we sailed on it last summer...

Yes the Cupcake Cupboard was added and is a for fee venue.

Main Dining Room

Windjammer Buffet

Promenade Cafe

Sorrentos Pizza

Chops Grille $30

Portofino $30

I need to correct that the fee for Portofino is $20-$25. That is direct from the Royal Caribbean website and as explained to me by a Royal Caribbean agent it is $20 for lunch and $25 for dinner. As far as the fee for Johnny Rockets I just rounded it up to $5 from the $4.95 that it is. My apologies for posting some incorrect information.

I need to correct that the fee for Portofino is $20-$25. That is direct from the Royal Caribbean website and as explained to me by a Royal Caribbean agent it is $20 for lunch and $25 for dinner. As far as the fee for Johnny Rockets I just rounded it up to $5 from the $4.95 that it is. My apologies for posting some incorrect information.

Portofino is not open for lunch.

Either you or the agent is confusing Portofino with Giovanni's Table, a venue available only on Oasis and Allure.

Portofino is not open for lunch.

Either you or the agent is confusing Portofino with Giovanni's Table, a venue available only on Oasis and Allure.

The agent may be incorrect, but the fee that is on the website clearly states the fee for Portofino is $20 to $25. I do not know why the fee would fluctuate between $20 and $25 but when I asked about it I was told it was the difference between lunch and dinner. Royal Caribbean just implemented new fees for many of their specialty restaurants across the entire fleet so these fee discrepancies may be due to not having all the bugs worked out yet.

The agent may be incorrect, but the fee that is on the website clearly states the fee for Portofino is $20 to $25. I do not know why the fee would fluctuate between $20 and $25 but when I asked about it I was told it was the difference between lunch and dinner. Royal Caribbean just implemented new fees for many of their specialty restaurants across the entire fleet so these fee discrepancies may be due to not having all the bugs worked out yet.

It depends where you look on the website. In several places, the price is stated as $20. When I go through the steps of booking it, it comes up as $20.

It depends where you look on the website. In several places, the price is stated as $20. When I go through the steps of booking it, it comes up as $20.

If you go the right side of the main screen and select dining it will pull up what looks like a slide presentation, mouse over specialty dining and click on Portofino and then scroll down to the bottom of the little box describing the venue. If you click on Chops you will see where the fee has gone to $30. Because of what you describe when you go through the booking process and it states one price and then you look in a different place on the website and it shows a different price, there are definitely some bugs in the system or updates that have yet to be made.

Just imagine actually booking on the website for $20 and then being charged $25 on the ship and then being told that the prices were increased months prior. I would think that Royal would have to honor the price you booked it at.

Just imagine actually booking on the website for $20 and then being charged $25 on the ship and then being told that the prices were increased months prior. I would think that Royal would have to honor the price you booked it at.

One would think, but one may be wrong.

We booked Izumi months prior to a price change, and charged differently once onboard. There was no communication informing us of the change until we entered the restaurant. Royal should have honored our price. They didn't.

They charge for room service in the middle of the night now? That sucks...not that I have used room service more than a few times, but I always like knowing that it was part of the deal, no matter what time. *sigh*

The late night fee includes a gratuity; whereas, the "free" room service does not. If you were tipping before this policy change, then this should have little effect on you. Of course, you can always choose to tip more. :)

One would think, but one may be wrong.

We booked Izumi months prior to a price change, and charged differently once onboard. There was no communication informing us of the change until we entered the restaurant. Royal should have honored our price. They didn't.

The difference here is that when you book Portofino before your cruise, you pay for it in full. THAT locks your price in.

When you booked Izumi, you didn't pay anything, because at the time the charges were á la carte, whereas now there is a flat cover charge PLUS the á la carte prices.

They charge for room service in the middle of the night now? That sucks...not that I have used room service more than a few times, but I always like knowing that it was part of the deal, no matter what time. *sigh*

Alas, the majority of late night room service orders were from:

a. children

b. drunk people

c. teenagers

d. drunk teenagers

who would order food, often in large amounts, and not eat it, or fall asleep before the server arrived with the food.

Add a financial component, and a lot of that aimless ordering goes away.

It's unfortunate, like the Smith incident (AND OTHERS) which led Royal Caribbean to enact draconian alcohol policies.

The difference here is that when you book Portofino before your cruise, you pay for it in full. THAT locks your price in.

When you booked Izumi, you didn't pay anything, because at the time the charges were á la carte, whereas now there is a flat cover charge PLUS the á la carte prices.

While I agree that the setup between the restaurants is somewhat different, I disagree that we didn't pay in advance for Izumi. We paid a $20 fee for Izumi which was supposed to go towards the a la carte pricing. Upon arriving, we were told we had to pay a fee plus the a la carte pricing. This didn't affect our experience, but I mention it because Royal will do as they wish and not what makes sense or benefits the consumer.

While I agree that the setup between the restaurants is somewhat different, I disagree that we didn't pay in advance for Izumi. We paid a $20 fee for Izumi which was supposed to go towards the a la carte pricing. Upon arriving, we were told we had to pay a fee plus the a la carte pricing. This didn't affect our experience, but I mention it because Royal will do as they wish and not what makes sense or benefits the consumer.

Seriously? You paid $20 in advance and THEN they demanded more money from you on board?

BAD BAD BAD BAD. Very bad thing for RC to do.

Did you escalate your complaint up the hierarchy?

So it would seem we have found that: Royal Caribbean increased the fees for specialty dinning but.....It would seem that they have not updated everything on the website to let us know what the correct fees are such as Portofino and if you book at a lower price in advance you will still pay more once on the ship due to the increases just imposed recently. :confused:

Let's hope that Royal Caribbean will come out and clarify the new fees and not be vauge such as for Portofino, is it $20 or $25?

So the Royal Caribbean website is telling us different things as far as fees for specialty dinning. Is Portofino $20 or $25?:confused: If you book in advance, do you pay only the advance price or are you charged more once on the ship because of the recent fee increase?:confused: Come on Royal Caribbean give us some clarification....

Seriously? You paid $20 in advance and THEN they demanded more money from you on board?

BAD BAD BAD BAD. Very bad thing for RC to do.

Did you escalate your complaint up the hierarchy?

Carol - they refunded our initial payment. The bad thing they did was change the rules on us. Again, no big deal for us, but I wanted to share our experience so others wouldn't be surprised if it happened to them. ;)

Just a note to the OP:

It is entirely possible to eat as much enjoyable food as you want without paying one cent additional, unless you want to! We have resisted the pressure to use specialty restaurants because we cannot justify spending more money on food when there is perfectly fine food included in the cruise fare. We've never once felt deprived, under fed, or lacking in quality options.

Archived