Fort Lauderdale Hotel

Don't worry about shuttles; taxis are abundant and inexpensive. Why pay $50 or $100 more for a hotel to save $15 to $20 in cab fare?

I personally would recommend using Priceline (if there are two of you sharing the room) or Hotwire (if three to four people). You should be able to obtain a nice hotel in a neighborhood of your choosing for a great price. You may give up the shuttle, but you will still come out way ahead money wise.

I personally would recommend using Priceline (if there are two of you sharing the room) or Hotwire (if three to four people).

I've only used Priceline once last year but was going to try it for our Christmas cruise (need room for 12/23). Our grown son is joining us so we need two beds this time. Our last room did have two but with Priceline, is there a chance we'd only get one?? So, with Hotwire, can you request how many beds you want??

thanks for the help.

I've only used Priceline once last year but was going to try it for our Christmas cruise (need room for 12/23). Our grown son is joining us so we need two beds this time. Our last room did have two but with Priceline, is there a chance we'd only get one?? So, with Hotwire, can you request how many beds you want??

thanks for the help.

Priceline only guarantees a room for double occupancy. If the hotel is not fully booked, they will accommodate requests such as single bed vs. two beds, but if the hotel is booked up you have to accept what bed set-up they give you. Also, if the hotel is at maximum legal capacity they will not knowingly permit a third person to stay in your room.

Hotwire will guarantee accommodation for up to four people (you specify whether your booking is for one to four people at time you input search criteria). Therefore if you search for accommodations for three, you are guaranteed space for everybody; it may be two beds, may be a bed and a sleeper sofa, but it will be an appropriate room for three people.

The sleep inn and suites. I have stayed with them many times. They have an airport shuttle, cruise ship shuttle and breakfast all free. Have a great cruise. :)

We also stayed at the Sleep Inn in Dania Beach or Point. The shuttles were terrific and there are plenty of places nearby to eat. Will definitely stay there again.

Archived