Can I Take Fresh Juice on Allure?

I have read 20 threads on bringing water/soda/canned-juice on board. I understand RCI policy differs from reality most of the time, and people are able to bring reasonable quantities of these items on board in most cases.

Has anyone ever tried to bring fresh, preferably unpasteurized juice, such as a quart of fresh grapefruit juice on board?

I know fresh orange juice is available for a fee at a few breakfast spots on Allure, but I'd prefer the convenience and flavor of just having some grapefruit juice in my fridge, or on ice in my room.

To be clear, I'm talking about the plastic body, plastic peel-away top bottle that is often found on ice in the produce section of a good market.

Ilike the Simply Orange Juice that you can buy in the small I think 16oz clear plastic bottles

We bought the juice package last Dec when we went on Voyager out of Galveston.

I think you get 7 bottles and and its very expensive. The juice in the WJ isn't that good.

The fresh squeezed juice that they serve sometimes in the WJ is very good but also very expensive.

You might also be able to get some fresh juices in the Vitality Cafe? I read they do smoothies for a charge so perhaps they also do juice, if your grapefruit juice is confiscated. Or bring a small reamer for backup and order some grapefruits from room service in the morning.

In your carry on, I assume? How will you keep it chilled so it stays fresh? You would probably want to buy it on day of embarkation. Once you get it to your cabin, you can stash it in the fridge. Unpasteurized citrus juice has a very short shelf life.

Really?

you took the words right out of my mouth. how fresh could it be sitting in your luggage, and how long does "fresh" juice last? im thinking not 16 days for my transatlantic....

You would probably want to buy it on day of embarkation.

"Oh, you think so, Doctor?" -- Col. James

I would buy it just before going to port. And the embarkation process for Allure clocks in somewhere around 20 minutes, so probably no more than an hour without refrigeration, assuming I board after 1pm, maybe as little as 45 minutes. I might try to keep it on ice in the fridge.

The cruise is 7 days, but I'd probably use up a quart in 3 days. I'm surprised that people seem more focused on spoilage than simply getting it on the ship. Given the acid levels in grapefruit juice, spoilage and related health issues aren't as much of a concern as with other low-acid fresh juices, like carrot juice.

Really.

I was more focused on whether this less-common container would be treated differently than the mass-produced beverage containers so many others take on board. My hope was that someone had already attempted to bring fresh juice on board. If you're out there, and haven't already died from E.coli, please let me know how things went with security.

Archived