Unlimited laundry ????

martinimadam

Ok this is going to sound really dumb, but on embarkation day after I filled the bag, who do I give it to? :confused:

there is a drawstring on the bag - we just hang ours on the door (outside), so the steward can get it easily. The sooner it's out the sooner you get it back:D

Grandma,

As far as I know, you need to call just like you have to do if you want to secure the Hydro-therapy Suite before getting on board. Not sure why they don't make it easier and just do online like so many other things.

Bob

We had unlimited laundry our last cruise because we were in a suite - this was the best perk EVER!! We travel with our little kids who seem to always need 2 or more t-shirts a day, and laundry is always a headache. Being able to send out whatever we needed whenever it was needed was indeed luxurious! It is so wonderful that HAL even offers this perk to non-suite passengers for a reasonable price - I will definitely take advantage of this next time we cruise in a regular cabin.

As far as mechanics goes - the bag doesn't seem large, but I was amazed at the amount of stuff I was able to squeeze in there! I always threw colors and whites in together, and everything came back clean, pressed and perfect, in a wicker basket on the bed. Often it came back the next day no matter what time I sent it out, but on the laundry slip it is noted that for next-day delivery you should hand it in by 9am.

We did some dry-cleaning (or the wet-cleaning alternative, maybe!) the day before the first formal night, and again, everything came back perfect. If you need extra laundry bags at any time, just ask your room steward. Unlimited is unlimited, so you can send multiple bags at one time if need be, just ask the steward for more bags.

Leave it on your bed when you head off for the evening. The stewards will take it when they do the nightly turn-down.

there is a drawstring on the bag - we just hang ours on the door (outside), so the steward can get it easily. The sooner it's out the sooner you get it back:D

Thank you both, I will do just that. It's nice to come here and be able to ask all sorts of questions and get answers, even answers to questions I didn't think I needed to know until I read them.:)

If you use the unlimited laundry option, can you send laundry out the first (embarkation) day? We will be staying in London for a few days before the cruise and it would be nice if we could do our dirty laundry from our London visit?

Thanks

This is a invaluable service for those of us who arrive a few days before embarking. Now I do not have to scout out a laundry facility and waste vacation time and I can pack less. Well worth the $49 per cabin on a 7 day voyage! Thank you everyone for such a wonderful thread.

Hi all,

We are planning on doing the unlimited laundry on our cruise in just over 2 weeks.

What I am wondering is if anyone knows or has experience with the laundering of underwired bras :o ;)...Curious if they just fling them in a washing machine with the rest of the load?

Thanks in advance, getting really excited now and starting to think of lots of 'little' things :D

What about placing the bra in a mesh bag and sending it that way? Mine never come out of the mesh bag when washing at home, I do however use the delicate setting and air dry.

Grandma,

As far as I know, you need to call just like you have to do if you want to secure the Hydro-therapy Suite before getting on board. Not sure why they don't make it easier and just do online like so many other things.

Bob

Bob.....I'm so so sorry for hi jacking but I haven't read anything yet on the Hydro-therapy Suite. Could you give the details please?

Archived