Unlimited laundry ????

martinimadam

I believe you can also have your linen pants dry cleaned.

On several threads here, posters have related that they learned from the ship tour that the laundry folks do, indeed, read all labels and wash accordingly. We have used the laundry, pressing, and dry cleaning on all three of our cruises and have had NO shrinkage or damage at all.:)

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

I love the idea of the unlimited laundry option! My big concern (as others mentioned above) is for the delicates. Does anyone have first hand experience with the unlimited laundry service? Do you sort your laundry and bag the loads separately? How did your delicates turn out? Do they honor special instructions such as "gentle cycle", "cold water" etc? I am most concerned about exercise clothes that need more than hand washing but can't be thrown in the dryer. Thanks so much!

All the major cruise lines have removed real dry cleaning from their ships.

The chemicals required are highly carcinogenic for you and the crew, and cause terrible ecological problems if they get into the sea.

The replacement system is an ecologically safe wet-cleaning process that works reasonably well on normal fabrics.

But delicates like fine silks do not fare very well with the process.

You won't know for sure if it works on your items until it is too late.

If in doubt - don't opt for the wet-cleaning process.

The chemicals required are highly carcinogenic for you and the crew, and cause terrible ecological problems if they get into the sea.

The replacement system is an ecologically safe wet-cleaning process that works reasonably well on normal fabrics.

Thank you for this very interesting information.

Please clarify something for me. Is the $20/$26 "fill the bag" option on HAL available at any time, as in when ever I want to use it? We will be doing a B2B 14 dayer on the Westerdam and for planning purposes it would be great to know I could send a filled bag out when ever I wanted. On Princess one had to wait until Princess offered it by posting a small item in the daily Patter and usually on a 7-10 cruise it was only offered once. Our Princess Elite status gave us free laundry & dry cleaning so I could send things out when ever I wanted in any quanity. Not sure I really want to pack enough "stuff" for a 14 dayer without laundry service.

Thanks for your help! :D

Please clarify something for me. Is the $20/$26 "fill the bag" option on HAL available at any time, as in when ever I want to use it? We will be doing a B2B 14 dayer on the Westerdam and for planning purposes it would be great to know I could send a filled bag out when ever I wanted. On Princess one had to wait until Princess offered it by posting a small item in the daily Patter and usually on a 7-10 cruise it was only offered once. Our Princess Elite status gave us free laundry & dry cleaning so I could send things out when ever I wanted in any quanity. Not sure I really want to pack enough "stuff" for a 14 dayer without laundry service.

Thanks for your help! :D

The "all you can fit" bags are left in your closet with slips to indicate what you have jammed into them. You can use them at will. I am always amazed at the amount I can squeeze into these bags! LOL!

I love the idea of the unlimited laundry option! My big concern (as others mentioned above) is for the delicates. Does anyone have first hand experience with the unlimited laundry service? Do you sort your laundry and bag the loads separately? How did your delicates turn out? Do they honor special instructions such as "gentle cycle", "cold water" etc? I am most concerned about exercise clothes that need more than hand washing but can't be thrown in the dryer. Thanks so much!

I've sent some delicates off to laundry. No issues at all. There a few items that I prefer to 'hand wash', but very, very few. Never had a problem if this helps

BruceMuzz - this is very interesting. Would you mind to share how long this has been going on? I have been very impressed with what I thought was dry cleaning on HAL. Never had an issue so now, I am curious if my clothes were cleaned by the new process or the old drycleaning. It will help me plan for the upcoming cruise. Thanks.

The "all you can fit" bags are left in your closet with slips to indicate what you have jammed into them. You can use them at will. I am always amazed at the amount I can squeeze into these bags! LOL!

Many thanks as that will help with packing. :D

Unlimited package on a seven day is $49.00. Unlimited Pressing is an additional $35.00.

Just check the unlimited box on the bottom of the laundry form.

As the poster indicated, there are two separate packages that need to be considered. If you have something that shouldn't be laundered but you would like it pressed, then you can use the Unlimited Pressing package. Such as silk shorts, linen, et al.

You can also call HAL and pay in advance for any of these packages and not have to worry about doing it onboard.

Bob

WOW! A fount of knowledge here. Thanks to you all, I think I'm set. I'll send one pair of linen pants through with the cold wash/cool dry instructions and see how they do. RuthC - your information was just what I needed. With the amount I'm thinking of, the per piece is probably going to be the way to go.

Thanks again.

If you use the unlimited laundry option, can you send laundry out the first (embarkation) day? We will be staying in London for a few days before the cruise and it would be nice if we could do our dirty laundry from our London visit?

Thanks

If you use the unlimited laundry option, can you send laundry out the first (embarkation) day? We will be staying in London for a few days before the cruise and it would be nice if we could do our dirty laundry from our London visit?

Thanks

I always have :D

If you use the unlimited laundry option, can you send laundry out the first (embarkation) day?

I have. No matter where I'm sailing from, there's always at least a couple of days worth of undies to send. That's the great thing about unlimited, or free 4*, laundry---there's no pressure to fill the bag. Put a couple of things in, and off it goes. :D

This is without a doubt the best value on the ship... taking a 21 plus day cruise the sheer volume of stuff it eliminates in weight and space is worth the price alone.....at like $7 bucks a day... that like 1 cocktail !!!

I like the 3 bags idea too. I cant wait to sign up and kick back

With regard to Bruce and his pointing out the carcenogenic dangers that dry cleaning have poised, I recall the same warning recently released by the same sources, that now" your saliva" has been found to also be a know carcenogen too. but only if you swallow a lot......

All things in moderation is my motto... if we avoid everything that someone says is bad for something we will never take a cruise, live in a house, drive a car, flyin a plane or eat, breath or any combination of the aforementioned, at anytime or place or with someone who has.

Let me make sure that I have the prices right:

Unlimited laundry - Approx. $7.00 a day?

Pack All you can bag - $20.00 a bag?

I think that I read on one of the boards that the price of unlimited laundry was more expensive on a holiday sailing. Is this correct?

How much are the washers/dryers in the laundry rooms?

We will have laundry when we board and more laundry half-way thru the cruise!!!

Hi all,

We are planning on doing the unlimited laundry on our cruise in just over 2 weeks.

What I am wondering is if anyone knows or has experience with the laundering of underwired bras :o ;)...Curious if they just fling them in a washing machine with the rest of the load?

Thanks in advance, getting really excited now and starting to think of lots of 'little' things :D

Hi all,

We are planning on doing the unlimited laundry on our cruise in just over 2 weeks.

What I am wondering is if anyone knows or has experience with the laundering of underwired bras :o ;)...Curious if they just fling them in a washing machine with the rest of the load?

Thanks in advance, getting really excited now and starting to think of lots of 'little' things :D

Ok this is one of the unmentionables that I would never send to anyone's laundry. That's for handwashing but JMO:D

How much are the washers/dryers in the laundry rooms?

There are nine ships with self-service laundry facilities---the four S-class ships, the four R-class ships, and the Prinsendam.

There is no charge to do self-service laundry on the Prinsendam.

On the other eight ships it costs $2.00 to wash, and $1.00 to dry. You can get quarters at the Front Desk. Detergent is provided; bring your own dryer sheets if you use them.

Ok this is one of the unmentionables that I would never send to anyone's laundry. That's for handwashing but JMO:D

Thanks kazu :D

That is what I thought as it's how I wash them at home.

I was just hoping that perhaps I could cut down on luggage (all those wires add to the weight lol) or avoid having them hanging about in the bathroom! :eek: ahh well lol

Thanks again :D

Hi all,

I have no idea how they washed/dried them, but mine survived just fine on a 69 day cruise. Perhaps they aged a little faster than if hand washed at home, but no big deal. (Why should I worry about buying a few new bras when I have paid thousands of dollars for the cruise?)

How much does the "unlimited laundry" cost?

Is it dry cleaning or is it washer/dryer? I've heard some horror stories about cruise ship laundry.

This will be my first cruise for more than 10 days (14 for this one), and I'm thinking I'd like to send blouses and linen pants to be freshened a few times during the trip. Not interested in the "all you can stuff in a bag", as it will only be a few things at a time. I'm traveling solo, so it will just be my things.

Did I read correctly that I need to go to the main desk on the first day to set this up?

Thanks for your help!

Pricing is based on cruise length. Don't have the info in front of me, but I think others may be able to quote you from their experience as well.

The first time you send laundry out you have the option of selecting it on the form. Otherwise, you can also contact SHip Services and add it before departure.

Thanks

I have. No matter where I'm sailing from, there's always at least a couple of days worth of undies to send. That's the great thing about unlimited, or free 4*, laundry---there's no pressure to fill the bag. Put a couple of things in, and off it goes. :D

Ok this is going to sound really dumb, but on embarkation day after I filled the bag, who do I give it to? :confused:

Ok this is going to sound really dumb, but on embarkation day after I filled the bag, who do I give it to? :confused:

The only dumb question is the one that's not asked (but around the 7th time it doesn't sound quite as brilliant.)

Leave it on your bed when you head off for the evening. The stewards will take it when they do the nightly turn-down.

Archived