MDR & Blu on overnight ports

cruise kitty

Hi, does anyone have any experience of what happens with the MDR or Blu on an overnight port? We're in Istanbul from 7am to 2 pm next day, pretty sure we'll eat in town, but if we decide to return to the ship, nap & eat & then go back out, how is the MDR handled on those nights? Regular service? Is it even open? Also dress wise do people just wear their touring clothes since most will be going back out to port again? Just want to be aware of our options.

ps: this is only regarding dinner time

Thanks

Regular service, regular dining times, regular dress code.

If you know the day before that you will be in town for dinner, it's nice to let the server know so they won't delay others' dining, but if you will be back for dinner, expect the MDR and BLU to both be open as usual.

We have had several overnight stays in ports, including Funchal, Venice, Hamburg and in May this year Cobh. We have always found the restaurants fairly busy that night, most seem to eat dinner on board then possibly go ashore afterwards to enjoy the night life.

Richard

We have had several overnight stays in ports, including Funchal, Venice, Hamburg and in May this year Cobh. We have always found the restaurants fairly busy that night, most seem to eat dinner on board then possibly go ashore afterwards to enjoy the night life.

Richard

Thanks Richard,

how were people dressed? The clothes we'll wear at night in port won't technically be against the dress code, but they certainly won't be what we'd normally wear to dinner, especially shoe wise.

Sandals or walking shoes will be fine -- you probably wouldn't be wearing flip flops in a city port, so no problem with that part of the dress code. Nor would you be likely to wear shorts in town, but if you do, you'll want to change before coming to the dining room.

Sandals or walking shoes will be fine -- you probably wouldn't be wearing flip flops in a city port, so no problem with that part of the dress code. Nor would you be likely to wear shorts in town, but if you do, you'll want to change before coming to the dining room.

yes, we'll have walking type shoes on, DH's are tennis shoes, but they're dark brown/beige leather, just not what he'd normally wear to dinner...no shorts on that day, too many mosques to visit!

Enjoy Istanbul - bar none my favorite stop on our med voyage. Be sure you visit the Cisterns - really cool (temp too) place and we had a fantastic lunch there. We also really enjoyed the Hareem at Koptapi Palace. I felt like I really understood a lot more about Turkish history after visiting there.

Enjoy Istanbul - bar none my favorite stop on our med voyage. Be sure you visit the Cisterns - really cool (temp too) place and we had a fantastic lunch there. We also really enjoyed the Hareem at Koptapi Palace. I felt like I really understood a lot more about Turkish history after visiting there.

Thank you, the overnight in Istanbul is the main reason we booked this trip.

Archived