Carinval Glory - NYC to New England... A Memoir

Delta Hotel

I'm sitting here at work eating my lunch, reading your dinner review. I had thought about this a few times before, but now think that I *might* see about getting the Indian food along with my standard choices when we're on Glory in 2 weeks.

I happen to enjoy Indian food, but no one else in my household does so I never get it. My sister and BIL like it and go to a couple of restaurants in our area, but for some reason they don't ask me to come along. And my friend, who had an au pair from South Africa who was born of Indian parents (we had a terrific meal at her house back a couple of years ago) now has one from somewhere else, so no Indian at her place.

Since I can order it as a standing order and then order something from the regular menu, it will give me a chance to try it out and not bother anyone else with it. If I love it, great. If not, other options abound.

Since I can order it as a standing order and then order something from the regular menu, it will give me a chance to try it out and not bother anyone else with it. If I love it, great. If not, other options abound.

That's exactly the way I felt! If you *think* you might enjoy it, it's a win-win. I had at least two entrees every night and didn't regret it at all... until I got home and only half of my work pants fit. Still glad I did it.

Delta...did you see one of your pictures made the "big time" on Cruise Critic? Saw the picture on Facebook of your little girl pushing the stroller up the hill and followed it here! They think it's in Boston! ;)

Perhaps you submitted it. :)

Enjoying the memoir!

Delta...did you see one of your pictures made the "big time" on Cruise Critic? Saw the picture on Facebook of your little girl pushing the stroller up the hill and followed it here! They think it's in Boston! ;)

Perhaps you submitted it. :)

Enjoying the memoir!

Oh wow, really? That's funny. I can speak for Delta that he definitely did not submit it. We aren't on FB. But now I'd like to see it there.:p:rolleyes: Do you have to have a FB account to see it on CC's "wall" or whatever it's called?

Shaky,

I believe you have to have a Facebook account to see it because you have to "Like" the account to see the picture. The below is the information posted under the picture.....They highlighted it due to the "Cruise Critic" bag on the stroller.....

Man, that Cruise Critic gear sure gets around. At first glance, this photo merely depicts a person pushing a stroller up a hill in what we believe to be Boston. (The picture’s caption references Ming’s Market, which led us to guess at the New England destination.) But, on closer inspection, it’s actually a person pushing a stroller up a hill with a Cruise Critic bag attached to it. Big difference. Member Delta Hotel, who posted the photo on our message boards, reports that the bag contained a camera, dried mangos, maple syrup candy and a bag of nuts.

Thanks, Kelane, for the heads-up about the photo!

And thanks, Mike, for the link and giving them the correction (and the praise).:)

It's kinda strange and cool to see it there, but kinda weird that DH's epic saga:rolleyes: about our little family cruise is spreading out there...:p

While I'm at it, thanks Kevin, too. We're glad you're enjoying it and hope you enjoy the Pride, too (another great ship!:)).

And thank you, also, everyone else here who has said such nice things. It helps keep DH from giving up on writing the rest of this beast to know that so many are enjoying it.

The e-book version of this comes out when? :p DH and Shaky, you are a great pair (writer and editor)....perhaps a career change? You going to do this again when you take your next cruise.....right?

Btw....I told my husband about the Indian food option and he was like "sweet, now I don't even need to look at the menu" although he did ask if it was available for breakfast and lunch too. We don't get much Indian food (good or otherwise) in northern Wisconsin so we take it when we can get it.

~Bina~

Edited by binajack

The e-book version of this comes out when? :p DH and Shaky, you are a great pair (writer and editor)....perhaps a career change? You going to do this again when you take your next cruise.....right?

Btw....I told my husband about the Indian food option and he was like "sweet, now I don't even need to look at the menu" although he did ask if it was available for breakfast and lunch too. We don't get much Indian food (good or otherwise) in northern Wisconsin so we take it when we can get it.

~Bina~

Thanks, Bina, that's very flattering. But no, I don't see a career change in our future.:p And, unfortunately, I don't foresee him ever writing another one of these. But then, I didn't foresee him writing this one. In fact there's a $5 bet I would have lost.:rolleyes: So who knows...

As far as the Indian food being available for breakfast and lunch, I don't think so (unless you can sneak down to the crew cafeteria;):cool:).

Thank goodness!!! :p;):rolleyes::):eek::D

And just what is that supposed to mean, Kerryman? hmmmm? I would put my own set of smilies in here, but as usual, you used up the limit of six per post...so *roll eyes* *goofy sticking-out-tongue* *so, on, etc.*

And just what is that supposed to mean, Kerryman? hmmmm? I would put my own set of smilies in here, but as usual, you used up the limit of six per post...so *roll eyes* *goofy sticking-out-tongue* *so, on, etc.*

It means that when we cruise together in January that there will be no "MEMOIR" of The Bucketteers cruise....LOL:eek::):p

Edited by Kerryman50

I'm left hanging here. One minute an 8-year old is gloriously licking glass, and the next.....nothingness. Delta Hotel you'd better add some more tonight, or you're gonna be n the Sierra Hotel as far as I'm concerned :)

I'm left hanging here. One minute an 8-year old is gloriously licking glass, and the next.....nothingness. Delta Hotel you'd better add some more tonight, or you're gonna be n the Sierra Hotel as far as I'm concerned :)

hee hee, Sierra Hotel.:D:p

Sorry, though. No installment for at least several more hours. DH has been pulling an all-dayer/all-nighter, migrating a client's system or some such geeky talk for moving a bunch of computery-type stuff to a new site. You can tell I'm a tech-expert, can't ya?

Anyway, he's still not home and will be crashing into unconsciousness for a few hours when he finally does get here. He'll probably be so tired when he gets home he won't even change into his sleeping socks.:rolleyes:

Hopefully, he'll get some more up tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay, folks.

Anyway, he's still not home and will be crashing into unconsciousness for a few hours when he finally does get here. He'll probably be so tired when he gets home he won't even change into his sleeping socks.:rolleyes:

For the record - when I came home early this moring after working a straight 18 hour day, I did change into my sleeping socks. Wifey was thoughtful enough to lay a pair of clean sleep-socks on my side of the bed so that I didn't have to go digging for them.

Thanks, Beef =)

And I'll see what I can do about continuing the memoir this evening. I've got another long day ahead of me at work =(

DH

Oh wow, really? That's funny. I can speak for Delta that he definitely did not submit it. We aren't on FB. But now I'd like to see it there.:p:rolleyes: Do you have to have a FB account to see it on CC's "wall" or whatever it's called?

It's on their public wall, and you should be able to see it without a FB account:

http://www.facebook.com/CruiseCritic?sk=wall

Yeah, how about that?! One of my many photos from my relatively meaningless novella has been upgraded to a shameless advertisement on a social networking site filled with even more meaningless web traffic! That makes me one rank below a YouTube rockstar, and the equivalent of a Level 14 Paladin! I'm bursting with pride!

For the record - when I came home early this moring after working a straight 18 hour day, I did change into my sleeping socks. Wifey was thoughtful enough to lay a pair of clean sleep-socks on my side of the bed so that I didn't have to go digging for them.

Thanks, Beef =)

And I'll see what I can do about continuing the memoir this evening. I've got another long day ahead of me at work =(

DH

Oy!:eek:

He calls me thoughtful, thanks me, and slaps me with that hateful moniker all in the same cyber-breath.:mad::rolleyes:

I love chocolate labs! I prefer them over yellow labs. I realize that they're the same, just different colors based on some genetic lottery, but I like the brown ones better because they make me think of chocolate. Yellow labs make me think of vanilla, which I hate. HATE Vanilla.

Thanks for chiming in, Minion =) Glad you're enjoying my literary spewage!

DH

I'm enjoying your literary spewage too! :D

Oy!:eek:

He calls me thoughtful, thanks me, and slaps me with that hateful moniker all in the same cyber-breath.:mad::rolleyes:

So.... I'm wondering why a part of your own chosen name seems to offend you. For example, if someone were to refer to me as "Delta" or "Hotel", it wouldn't bother me at all, because I chose both names. There are many other people on CC with multi-part names - I wonder how many of them would be bothered by the second half of their name. It's not like I'm rearranging the letters in your name to make something else... it's the word you chose. So I'm confused. Any rational explanation for why you seem to dislike your own name so much?

Your loving,

DH