Carnival Spirit TV Channel Selection

Jsaxm

So, I asked an earlier question about specialized programming on the Spirit (ship tracker, etc.). Now I am curious what kind of "normal" TV is available on the ship? Is the channel selection minimal, average, or vast? Does it have stations you would get at home like Discovery, History, those type of channels? Does it have "local" channels like ABC, NBC, CBS, etc?

I realize the point of a cruise isn't to sit in your room and watch TV, haha! But, in the evening when getting ready to sleep it's obviously nice to turn on the TV and watch a little bit.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

i didnt watch alot of tv on the spirit in may but i know they have aft and bow camera channels. the channel that shows the events so far on the cruise ( same stuff all day and night ). a channel too promote the art thats available too buy. what too do in the ports. and there were movies for free and ones you can buy. also the news channell too let you know what is going on while you are on the ship. those are the ones i remember the most. there may be more but i dont think it is like regular satalite that you get at home.

Most of the non "broadcast" network stuff is the "International" version out of South America (in English). For example, Cartoon Network is available but not the "Good" US version that changes to Adult Swim at night.

ON our first Spirit cruise the stations were from Denver.

On the last Spirit cruise they were from Miami.

NOT tons of choices just a few basic NBC,CBS etc.

For MY DH since we are sailing in March the only important thing is that they show March Madness(NCAA basketball) which they do!

They have CNN International

a sports network

an animal planet-like network

a discovery-ish network

ABC, NBC, CBS were based out of Denver (although I hear they are now based out of Miami)

a channel that shows the same 1 or 2 movies on a loop

a pay movie channel

and probably a few more that I can't think of at this moment.

When I cruised last October (prior to Nov elections), I think I knew more about Denver's candidates than my own state!:eek:

In your cabin you get ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX. (used to be the Denver affiliates on Mountain time. Recent reviews report Carnival has switched to the Miami affiliates and eastern time.)

They have a CNN International,

a couple of no name music video channels,

TNT LA (latin) which plays a mix of movies and TNT, SYFY type reruns,

a no name discovery/animal planet type programming channel,

one channel running ship shopping promos,

one with the map,

one with views of the front of the ship and lido deck cameras,

one with the previous day's show (Marriage show, CD show etc.) running in an all day loop

two channels of free PG rated movies running all day and changing every morning at 6AM

one channel of free G rated movies running all day and changing every morning at 6AM

the newer ships have ALOT of PPV channels

I have never seen a sports channel in the cabin, but the sports bar does have ESPN International with 24/7 soccer all day. (also MNF during NFL season)

Hope that helps map it out for you.:D

Have a great cruise

Bill

Here is the Spirit lineup that we had last August:

Channel 12-news service, 13-guest info.-14-ship's position, 15-forward camera, 16-channel guide, 17-cruise director's channel, 18-CBS, 19-funship films/ports of call, 20-ABC, 21-guest info., 22-NBC, 23-Discovery channel, 24-shoreside shopping info., 25-CNN Headline News, 26-TNT, 27-funship films/ship's activities, 28-Fox News, 29-Cartoon Network, 30-TBS, 31- Fox31, 32- Alaska documentaries, 33-complimentary movie 1, 34-complimentary movie 2, 35-kids movies, 36-music videos, 37, music videos, 38-Carnival Radio Channel 1, 39- Carnival Radio Channel 2, 40- Lido camera

when we were in the cabin we watched the news channel. the joplin tornado had struck there and it was so tragic. i normally go too sleep with the bow channel on so i would know what the weather is like in my inside cabin. this time we were bumped up too a balcony ( whoo-hoo ) :D.

Archived