Name switching between current guest??? Complicated...

msheep

We booked Early Saver for the 5 of us (all girls in the 20s) in 2 inside cabins. We are sailing on Aug 4 (17 days to go).

Something happened and two of the girls now have an awkward relationship (one girl is dating a guy that the other girl once dated for a few times), the two girls and I are supposed to be in one cabin.

Everyone will still be going to this trip, they are still friends but just not as close since this happen. I was just wondering if we could switch the name of one of the girl to the other cabin to make things less awkward, so they don’t have to deal with each other 24/7. I mean they are not going to fight or kill each other (who knows), but I think it would be better so they can have their space… (I don’t want to be caught in the middle of any fight, if there will be any :eek:)

I know we probably can just go to the Guest Service desk and ask for extra key card so they can switch cabins, but since I’m the organizer for the trip, I was just wondering if the switching can be done “behind the scene”.

I know with Early Saver I can't switch name with a new guest. But can I just switch the names of two current guests? I just want to switch the names of two current guests so they will be in different cabins. Can this be done?

Thanks for any input in advance!

Call Carnival (a few times;)) and see what they can do beforehand. The problem is that each cabin (person?) has their own booking number.

Has any of the girls said anything to you about it? If not leave it alone. If yes, whomever wants to trade should talk with her.

I have indeed done it, with two early saver cabins. You need both booking numbers.

But I'd ask both girls if either does want to switch. I'm the person who always likes to fix these sort of things, but half the time my good deed blows up in my face...

The easiest way to do it is just to wait til you are onboard and switch cabins at the guest service desk. at that point i dont think they do anything about the extra money for changing names. we have done it there.

The easiest way to do it is just to wait til you are onboard and switch cabins at the guest service desk. at that point i dont think they do anything about the extra money for changing names. we have done it there.

There is no charge for doing that. This isn't adding someone new. This is 2 people already booked just switching rooms. Carnival doesn't care.

Call Carnival (a few times;)) and see what they can do beforehand. The problem is that each cabin (person?) has their own booking number.

Has any of the girls said anything to you about it? If not leave it alone. If yes, whomever wants to trade should talk with her.

Exactly... make sure they want to change and then, please, don't call Carnival, don't say a word until AFTER you have boarded... Then you can go to the Guest Services and just ask them to change girl A to cabin # and vica versa... This way you will not be charged the $50 fee to change name/passenger...

OP booked early saver, there is no name changes. Like other posters said, its easier to do the the cabin changes onboard at the guest service desk

Thanks for all the input... But I think I'll take SadieN's advice, and leave it alone since neither of the girls ask me to do this. Maybe they'll just sort things out during our trip (hopefully) :rolleyes:

I'll make sure I sleep in the bulk bed so I won't be caught in any cross fire (if any) :p

Exactly... make sure they want to change and then, please, don't call Carnival, don't say a word until AFTER you have boarded... Then you can go to the Guest Services and just ask them to change girl A to cabin # and vica versa... This way you will not be charged the $50 fee to change name/passenger...

I don't think name change fees apply in this case. When Carnival talks about name changing, they mean Girl A who is booked decided not to go, now Girl B who wasn't booked now wants to go in her place. That's not the case with this scenario.

Thanks for all the input... But I think I'll take SadieN's advice, and leave it alone since neither of the girls ask me to do this. Maybe they'll just sort things out during our trip (hopefully) :rolleyes:

I'll make sure I sleep in the bulk bed so I won't be caught in any cross fire (if any) :p

FWIW I find the bunks to be more comfortable than the lowers.:D

Archived