renting a tux for the cruise

d1cso4

I am on the november 26 2011 cruise on the eclipse..i am thinking of renting a tuxedo for the cruise for formal night..has anyone done this and what was your experience. Thanks !

I have many times. I usually rent just the jacket and pants and pack the shirt, shoes, etc..

You will want to make sure it fits ASAP so that any adjustments can be made. They will deliver it to your cabin. Let them know if you get a different cabin. You will leave the tux in your cabin and it will be returned by your cabin attendant.

My DH has rented a tux the last few cruises on X and is planning to do so again on the upcoming B2B on Infinity. He only brings his dress shoes:D The tux should be in your room when you board and it is important to try it on as soon as possible. Any piece that does not fit quite right just give it to your room steward and he can get a replacement. Nice looking tux's as well.

My DH has rented a tux the last few cruises on X and is planning to do so again on the upcoming B2B on Infinity. He only brings his dress shoes:D The tux should be in your room when you board and it is important to try it on as soon as possible. Any piece that does not fit quite right just give it to your room steward and he can get a replacement. Nice looking tux's as well.

The rental for two weeks is the same as one. I kept a tux for 32 days at the one week price. If you change cabins just tell them where to deliver it and where to pick it up.

Was that on X? When I called them they said they had that arrangement with Princess and HAL but not with X:confused:

Yes, it was on the Eclipse, April-May, 2011.. Simply ask them if you could keep it for the second week. If they say "no" call back later and speak to a different person.

Christine Frances is right about the importance of checking the tux right away. DH has rented from cruiselineformal.com on several occasions. He always had good experiences until our recent Equinox cruise. The tux was not in the stateroom when we arrived. We asked the room steward about it that night (second night was the first formal night). The room steward said he had "just found out" we were supposed to have a tux and was working on it. They brought DH a tux the next day, but it seemed to be a patchwork of leftovers. The two shirts were made of some icky polyester material and the jacket was too big and missing a button. By then we had run out of time so DH just made due and hope no one noticed how shabby it looked. By the second formal night they had found a better shirt and sewn on the missing button, but all in all it was an unsatisfactory experience. Not sure if this was the fault of Celebrity or Cruiseline Formalwear. DH would've looked much better in his nice black business suit.

The rental for two weeks is the same as one. I kept a tux for 32 days at the one week price. If you change cabins just tell them where to deliver it and where to pick it up.

When I checked on renting for our B2B in November, was told it was two separate rentals. I decided to bring a suit instead.

Like most of the other replies, I've had good experiences renting from the cruise line (Celebrity) And like everyone else, I suggest trying it on as early as possible. I also had to get a larger jacket, but the suit looked very good. It was so much easier renting it from them than having to get on locally and then packing it. I believe the price was identical, so IMHO, it makes a lot more sense just having it delivered to the state room and turning it back in after the last formal night.

I am on the november 26 2011 cruise on the eclipse..i am thinking of renting a tuxedo for the cruise for formal night..has anyone done this and what was your experience. Thanks !

I've done it twice, it's a whole lot better than taking your own.:)

Archived