Which Dining Room

Soonerbaby

Someone who has sailed on the Magic, please correct me here. But if the dining arrangements on the Magic are similar to those on the Dream, the Northern Lights dining room is for Your Time Dining. Southern Lights is seated dining, early or late. Makes no difference where your cabin is located.

Someone who has sailed on the Magic, please correct me here. But if the dining arrangements on the Magic are similar to those on the Dream, the Northern Lights dining room is for Your Time Dining. Southern Lights is seated dining, early or late. Makes no difference where your cabin is located.

Any-Time diners have one specific dining room or specific level (if on a ship with only one MDR), so they would not be assigned based on cabin location.....

Thanks for all the quick responses. We have early dining if that helps. We may just have to wait and see what we get. :)

Either way, it won't make much of a difference, maybe an extra minute or two of walking, that's about it.

With well over one hundred total cruises, I've come to the conclusion that it makes absolutely no difference where your cabin is located on the ship,,,,they assign your dining room, and table randomly! We've had a cabin WAY up in the bow, and been assigned the aft dining room many, many times. We've also had a cabin directly over the mid ship dining room, and STILL gotten assigned the aft dining room, as well as a cabin aft, and assigned the mid ship dining room. It's a toss up IMO. You can always go see the Maitre 'd upon embarkation, and ask for the "other" dining room if you're assigned the "wrong one". ;)

"SKY"

I think on every cruise that I have been on my assigned MDR has been on the oposite end of the ship from my cabin. No big deal, it is at the most another minute walk. Plus the exercise does me good.

Archived