Cabanas and Cabana Club

martess

Who do you email to receive confirmation? I called ship services as reserved 2 retreat cabanas but would also like to have email proof - I to requested they are next to each other.

When I placed my order for the RC with Ship Services, I requested an e-mail confirmation. Perhaps you could call them back and request e-mail confirmation of your arrangements.

Thanks for the quick reply on the elevator! One last question. I use a smaller mobility scooter. Do you think I'll fit in the elevator?

I think it will fit as we managed to fit 4 adults into that small elevator. It was snug, but we all fit. However, I'm not sure what the weight limit is in that elevator - there was some sort of meter that lit up when 4 of us were in it (looked like it was registering toward the upper limit and we took the stairs after that.)

When I placed my order for the RC with Ship Services, I requested an e-mail confirmation. Perhaps you could call them back and request e-mail confirmation of your arrangements.

I called yesterday to do exactly this. If was surprised that for such a purchase email confirmation would not have been standard practice, but sadly not. You do need to request the agent to send confirmation. There was nothing standard about the email, just a simple text email reply.

Dennis

I think it will fit as we managed to fit 4 adults into that small elevator. It was snug, but we all fit. However, I'm not sure what the weight limit is in that elevator - there was some sort of meter that lit up when 4 of us were in it (looked like it was registering toward the upper limit and we took the stairs after that.)

Agree, it will fit fine.

The seemingly arbitrary meter light was why we only went up one or two at a time. It takes all of 5 seconds, and there is also a narrow set of stairs on the other side of the elevator, if anybody chooses.

HINT: if you do not want to get a cabana and just want some quiet serene sun time, turn right at the top of the stairs to the open deck space, rather than left through the door to the Retreat.

I called yesterday to do exactly this. If was surprised that for such a purchase email confirmation would not have been standard practice, but sadly not. You do need to request the agent to send confirmation. There was nothing standard about the email, just a simple text email reply.

Dennis

I did call and receive email confirmation. I agree seems like that should be standard procedure. I was a bit dissapointed to discover the two cabanas can not be opened up - when I originaly booked I was told they could. Checking now to see if a family one is available:(.

I did call and receive email confirmation. I agree seems like that should be standard procedure. I was a bit dissapointed to discover the two cabanas can not be opened up - when I originaly booked I was told they could. Checking now to see if a family one is available:(.

The cabanas are hard sided, so, no, you can't open them up.

No family cabanas available :( boo

We booked two separate RC's in case we wanted to read or snooze part of the time, but we ended up spending most of our time visiting and sharing bottles of wine together in one RC. The Cabana Club does have seating outside the RC's - centrally located tables, chairs and loungers, so you could sit together for lunch if you like, but it is not shaded. If you want to lie in the sun together, there are loungers in that center area, as well as along the port and starboard sides. There is also a restroom which is hard to spot - it is on the starboard side of the Cabana Club on the Noordam.