Dress code in steakhouse on embarkation day???

msheep

Embarkation day falls on my friend's birthday. We want to dine in the Steakhouse on embarkation day.

Is the dresscode "come as you go" in the steakhouse for the first day? We will probably be in jeans or short/tee or causal tops/sandals or sneaker etc. on embarkation day, will we be refused into the Steakhouse?

I'm not too worry about feeling out of place or under dress, but just want to make sure that if we don't receive our luggage on time, we won't be refuse into the steakhouse :p

Embarkation day falls on my friend's birthday. We want to dine in the Steakhouse on embarkation day.

Is the dresscode "come as you go" in the steakhouse for the first day? We will probably be in jeans or short/tee or causal tops/sandals or sneaker etc. on embarkation day, will we be refused into the Steakhouse?

I'm not too worry about feeling out of place or under dress, but just want to make sure that if we don't receive our luggage on time, we won't be refuse into the steakhouse :p

You won't be refused into the steakhouse or any other dining venue. It is a common occurance that luggage isn't delivered until close to or after dinner.

In fact the steakhouse dress code isn't any different than the MDR dress code........plus if you book on the 1st night you get free wine.

You won't be refused into the steakhouse or any other dining venue. It is a common occurance that luggage isn't delivered until close to or after dinner.

In fact the steakhouse dress code isn't any different than the MDR dress code........plus if you book on the 1st night you get free wine.

Yes! Since we are not wine drinker, but it's a friend's birthday, we want to take advantage of the free wine on 1st night!!

Wore jeans, Hawaiian shirt and sandals last cruise on embark. day/Steak House. Not a problem for us. Wife also wore jeans and sandals. Splendor out of LB.

BTW we had our luggage at 4 pm that day.

We ate there on embarkation day too. We put what we wanted to wear to dinner in our carry ons in case we didn't get the luggage. I had read on here where some were turned away or asked to change and come back. Also we went to check it out once on board and request a window table, and the hostess made a point of telling us that shorts and jeans would not be allowed when we came back for dinner later...

On Dream in April, we had reservations for the Steak House the first night. When we hadn't received our luggage by 5PM, I called and explained our situation. Our reservations were for 7PM.

I was told that shorts were not permitted and that if we didn't have our luggage in time to get to dinner, we could cancel and re-schedule. So, I guess it varies by ship.

FYI

I e-mail the steakhouse manager on Glory and he confirmed that on embarkation day we can "come as you go", jeans and shorts are allowed.

This makes sense as it is that way for main dining room on emarkation day also, but I would print that email and bring it along...better to be safe and not be disappointed on your first night! I say this because of the inconsistency of reports of what each ship has/has not allowed.

So you are saying they alliw shorts every night except elegant nights?

Bill

We had dinner reservations on 6/25 (embarkation day) for the Dream steakhouse. Our 23 yr old DS was wearing very nice dress shorts and was asked to go return to the cabin to change into pants. He said that it was so worth the trip to change because that restaurant was one of the best he has ever eaten in and he has eaten at a lot of fine restaurants. No shorts of any kind in the steakhouse on the Dream. Don't miss that steakhouse. Amazing!

We had dinner reservations on 6/25 (embarkation day) for the Dream steakhouse. Our 23 yr old DS was wearing very nice dress shorts and was asked to go return to the cabin to change into pants. He said that it was so worth the trip to change because that restaurant was one of the best he has ever eaten in and he has eaten at a lot of fine restaurants. No shorts of any kind in the steakhouse on the Dream. Don't miss that steakhouse. Amazing!

That is why I questioned okgirls response. I didnt you could wear shorts to the steakhouse.

Thank you for posting your experience.

Bill

Archived