Honeymoon Mediterranean Cruise

Hello! My fiancé and I are thinking of taking a Mediterranean cruise for our honeymoon (Sept/Oct 2012) and we'd love to hear some input on what lines would be the best! We'd love to go to Italy, Barcelona, Greece and Monaco (give or take a few) and would like a cruise with a great selection of tours and activities of the visiting areas. I've checked out Celebrity's Mediterranean cruise packages and that seems to be my top choice but I'm open to any suggestions from any of you that have taken a FABULOUS Med. cruise!

Sorry if these questions sound dumb or redundant-- we've never cruised before and want to make sure our honeymoon is perfect (or at least as close to it as possible haha).

Thank you and looking forward to making new friends on here :)

Lissette

My favorite cruiseline is Windstar, and I've taken several Med cruises on this line. Just be aware that this type of cruise is not, IMO, particularly relaxing as it's so port intensive, and there's so much to do.

Hello! My fiancé and I are thinking of taking a Mediterranean cruise for our honeymoon (Sept/Oct 2012) and we'd love to hear some input on what lines would be the best! We'd love to go to Italy, Barcelona, Greece and Monaco (give or take a few) and would like a cruise with a great selection of tours and activities of the visiting areas. I've checked out Celebrity's Mediterranean cruise packages and that seems to be my top choice but I'm open to any suggestions from any of you that have taken a FABULOUS Med. cruise!

Sorry if these questions sound dumb or redundant-- we've never cruised before and want to make sure our honeymoon is perfect (or at least as close to it as possible haha).

Thank you and looking forward to making new friends on here :)

Lissette

Lisette, your questions are good ones.

Celebrity is a very nice cruise line so that is a nice one to take. That would be a great one to select.

Another one to take a look at is Princess.

At a higher level than those two is Oceania. I am not sure if the rates will be prohibitive for you, but you may want to take a look at it. If it is too high than your budget then go with either Celebrity or Princess.

Again, we've sailed Celebrity many times and they do a very nice job.

Congratulations on your wedding/honeymoon.

This is also a perfect time to sail the Med. Not so hot and humid as it is in the summer and less crowds.

Be sure to fly in at least one day or more prior to the cruise so you can get over the jet lag and also so you don't miss the ship if there are any flight delays or cancellations.

Keith

I agree with the poster who said to make sure you have a couple sea days. We have cruised the med several times, and have enjoyed it equally on different lines. I think that Celebrity and Princess would provide a more romantic/adult atmosphere, assuming you are staying in the price range of mainstream ships. If you are looking for more free-spirited fun, (we really like waterslides etc.), you might look at Norwegian or the Carnival Breeze. We cruised on the Breeze's sister ship, the Magic, this year and had a blast. It just depends if you are looking for fun and activities or relaxation and laid back atmosphere.

Like the other posters said, if you have a larger budget, Windstar can be an amazing option. (Voted most romantic cruise line several years in a row) And, an even larger budget is required for Oceania, Seabourn, Crystal, Azamara, etc. The reviews on here are a great resource for helping you get an idea of what the ship will be like, and there are lots of great sites about med ports (including my own in my sig)

Either way, a cruise is a great honeymoon trip, and you will have a blast. We LOVE the Med!!!

Archived