When prices drop, are you notified or is it automatic?

Xtchr

Thanks to CruisinNole, we just got the price adjusted by $600 for our 12/18 Solstice AQ cabin by calling our TA who verified it and then called CC to ok it.

That adjustment was the direct result of posting on the Roll Call forums and sharing the goodness

Thanks so much to CruisinNole

I only used 1 credit / per cruise any cabin

I think it is now 1 credit / 1 cruise

I'm sorry, you are right. I just checked the site, and I made the error of checking another date for the same ship, that is why it cost me two credits.

Hello All

I was checking everyday also

I just found a site that is able to help called (cruise fish dot net) google it

So I just signed up for its alerts for our Cruise

Also has alot of data on price up and downs

So we will how it works out:confused:

Just tried this site. Tons of great info. Thanks for sharing. I have set up alerts on our next cruise plus a few others I have been watching. It will be interesting to see who finds the lower fare first. Me or Them. LOL

1) They pay the ta a commission to deal with your questions and then they staff their phones with enough people to handle direct bookings.

2) Also if they were to make any change for you, who would notify the ta?? It could get to be a mess.

You and they are relying on the ta to take care of your reservation, if either of you leave the TA out of the loop then how is the ta ever going to help you later.

3) Especially with pricing, sometimes the ta is doing something special to get you OBCs or dinner. Going directly to cruise line might mess that all up.

You have to decide us a ta or book direct.....

I agree with your comments. I might add that at times, the call center of the cruiselines seem like they might not be staffed by actual line employees but rather outsourced to some third party provider. Perhaps even to some far off country. I say this because I've often spoken with reps that seem to know less about their product than I do. And if they were working on commission, it would explain further why they don't want to help with bookings where a travel agent is getting the commission.

Archived