When prices drop, are you notified or is it automatic?

Xtchr

My TA tells me that the cruise lines don't advise agents when prices drop. I always thought it was automatic,and if prices dropped,my confirmed reservation price would also drop. But apparently that is not so?????

Does anyone know if that is a fact?

So how does one find out if prices drop? Does that mean one has to keep checking themselves?

I read on CC that prices had dropped on a particular Princess cruise, so I called the agent today and she got the new price for us? But if I hadn't read about it here, does that mean I wouldn't have received the new price? It's impossible to check things daily, and I don't imagine TAs can either.

Someone mentioned on another board, that there were specific websites to go on to check if prices drop... Can you share them with us?

It's neither, do not expect to be notified ( it isn't going to happen), and the Celebrity will not automatically lower your price. IF you find a lower price for your cabin on your sailing, if you notify Celebrity, they will usually adjust the pricing prior to the final payment date. After that date, you may be able to upgrade to a "better" cabin at the same price, but credits/refunds have been discontinued.

Hope that's helpful.

The cruise line notifies no one when prices drop other than to send out e-mails for a few special deals. However, they do not inform the TA's that their client's prices have dropped or adjust the prices of previous bookings. Prices change frequently, and I like to check mine every day by doing a mock booking on Celebrity's website. (I have bookmarked the page.) Someone will usually notice price drops and post on the roll calls as well.

I also routinely check on my booked flights due to frequent changes in flight schedules. On our last three cruises, we had major flight changes, and we were able to make seating and/or flight arrangements of our choice because we noticed early.

Glad you were able to get your price drop on your cruise!

My TA tells me that the cruise lines don't advise agents when prices drop. I always thought it was automatic,and if prices dropped,my confirmed reservation price would also drop. But apparently that is not so?????

So how does one find out if prices drop? Does that mean one has to keep checking themselves?

I read on CC that prices had dropped on a particular Princess cruise, so I called the agent today and she got the new price for us? But if I hadn't read about it here, does that mean I wouldn't have received the new price? It's impossible to check things daily, and I don't imagine TAs can either.

Someone mentioned on another board, that there were specific websites to go on to check if prices drop... Can you share them with us?

Seriously...we all check the prices daily...sometimes twice a day ;)

Hi:) It's not impossible at all. The cruiseline is not going to notify

you. Some of us don't use TA's and we do check ourselves. As for

TA's? You would have to speak the one you use about it. And as

for naming TA's and websites, that is against CC policy so nope,

we cannot name them.

We booked our cruise from Celebrity website. About week after that I noticed that I had got new invoice from Celebrity to my email. They had automatically given us 150€ discount.

We don't know why because we didn't request any discount - well of course it is nice anyway. :)

It might have something to do with booking directly from their website. Atleast in UK they get 5% discount for that. But that was not mentioned in Finnish website.

ALso, if you do find a drop in price, if it's a Tuesday special or something for New Bookings Only, you won't get an adjustment even if it's prior to final payment and you notify them.

If its prior to final payment, what's to prevent you from making a new booking and cancelling your old one? Other than possibly not getting the exact cabin of choice, that is?

Does anyone know if that is a fact? Yes. If you don't keep track and ask for the price drop, you will not get it. If your TA is really on top of things and notices, they will call you. If not (as is the case with most) you need to monitor prices on your own.

So how does one find out if prices drop? Does that mean one has to keep checking themselves? Yes

I read on CC that prices had dropped on a particular Princess cruise, so I called the agent today and she got the new price for us? But if I hadn't read about it here, does that mean I wouldn't have received the new price? It's impossible to check things daily, and I don't imagine TAs can either. If you don't keep on top of the pricing yourself, you will not get the price decrease. (See above comment on TA's)

Someone mentioned on another board, that there were specific websites to go on to check if prices drop... Can you share them with us? No - against the rules of CC.

It is what it is! ;)

No one will give you money back automatically. You have to work for it - I check my pricing once or twice a day. This process has been very rewarding for me. We had cruises that we will start of with $1599 p.p. for inside for 14 days and end up with $1359 p.p. for the highest balcony, not CC. Sometime lower pricing is available only for a few hours - you snooze - you loose.

When I book a cruise, I check 2-3 times a week to see if the price changes. It just happened with my November sailing on the Summit. I booked it for $799 balcony, but got a $50 discount because of past passenger loyalty. Then just the other day I saw that it dropped $100. You best believe I called and got it adjusted. A few days later it went back up.

Don't wait for a TA or =X=. Like they're going to tell you. Check it yourself and check often!

I tried that website and the information was either outdated or the price was higher than what the cruise line was offering. I was checking prices for Princess who still allows TA's to discount so I thought it was very strange that this website would post a higer price than the cruise line. When I checked the price on the Princess website I didn't sign on so the price that I saw didn't include me past passenger discount.

By the way I saved that site to my favorites and just went back to check. The site doesn't exist anymore. I even tried to google it and every link I clicked on came up not found.

Hello All

I was checking everyday also

I just found a site that is able to help called (cruise fish dot net) google it

So I just signed up for its alerts for our Cruise

Also has alot of data on price up and downs

So we will how it works out:confused:

Hello All

I was checking everyday also

I just found a site that is able to help called (cruise fish dot net) google it

So I just signed up for its alerts for our Cruise

Also has alot of data on price up and downs

So we will how it works out:confused:

How do the 'credits purchased' work? I bookmarked the site for updates, but can't receive alerts unless I purchase credits.

I did it with pay pal it was 4.95 for 5 of them

i use pay pal on ebay so it works easy for me

I did set it up for dec 18th cruise and have 4 more credits open

I have it set to alert for CC and above cabins

How do the 'credits purchased' work? I bookmarked the site for updates, but can't receive alerts unless I purchase credits.

Once you purchase the credits, make sure you click only the cabin category your interested in. Every time you select a different cabin category, even though it is the same cruise, it uses up a credit.

I check daily sometime 2-3 times a day after I have booked our cruises.

The cruise line tells you nothing and I like to book cruises direcly with the cruise line. Otherwise its always a hassle.

I checked one day for our senior rate after I saw it posted on our roll call for our upcoming Celebrity Solstice cruise in November. Got right on the phone and the agent gladly changed it and we got a $400 discount for me and my husband plus already had a $300 on board credit.

Check frequently because rarely will your travel agent check or tell you and the cruise line sure will not.

Also check your roll call because that is where I found the information.

I was home sick that day and just happened to check it and got lucky.

Happy sailing.:p:p:p

I think that the cruise line reps should "talk" to their passengers, even though the passenger has booked with a Travel Agency. When I tried checking prices, I can never get the web site to quote me the price for a specific category, and it certainly doesn't factor in any past passenger or senior discount. Any time I've called in directly, I never seem to get any answers. As soon as they find out you have booked with a TA, they say to call the TA.

Oh my. If you owned a dress shop and held a sale, would you call all the customers who had bought dresses from you and offer them rebates on their previous purchases?

It is VERY easy to check current prices. Just go into the Celebrity website and search the cruise you have already booked. Act like you are making a new booking, i.e. click "book this cruise". That will take you to a screen where you verify the date and can put in your senior or military status, and your state of residency. Click "continue" and that will take you straight to the pricing. Click on suites, veranda, whatever and scroll down--you will see what the current prices are and if any discounts are being offered.

To your initial claim that it would be impossible to do this every day, let me assure you that many of us DO do it every day, and it takes less than 5 minutes. If 5 minutes a day is worth the potential of hundreds of dollars in savings to you, I am sure you can find that time in your busy schedule. If not, you will have to be satisfied with the price you initially booked for.

If I was the shop owner, and the customer had made a deposit on a purchase that was not picked up yet, then yes, I would only charge the lower price at the time it was picked up as a gesture of good will to gain customer loyalty.

I too have it bookmarked and check it at least daily and it takes less than a minute. I don't think it's been mentioned but always check the over 55 block if applicable as well as the State. I've gotten more discounts from State and being old than regular discounts. As to the comments of why don't they automatically incorporate drops in prices I wonder what would happen if they did this to the increases. I know the answer and they don't always come down. Happy cruising

I think that the cruise line reps should "talk" to their passengers, even though the passenger has booked with a Travel Agency. When I tried checking prices, I can never get the web site to quote me the price for a specific category, and it certainly doesn't factor in any past passenger or senior discount. Any time I've called in directly, I never seem to get any answers. As soon as they find out you have booked with a TA, they say to call the TA.

1) They pay the ta a commission to deal with your questions and then they staff their phones with enough people to handle direct bookings.

2) Also if they were to make any change for you, who would notify the ta?? It could get to be a mess.

You and they are relying on the ta to take care of your reservation, if either of you leave the TA out of the loop then how is the ta ever going to help you later.

3) Especially with pricing, sometimes the ta is doing something special to get you OBCs or dinner. Going directly to cruise line might mess that all up.

You have to decide us a ta or book direct.....

Archived