im so so nervous!

my honeymoon vacation begins this weekend and I am getting very nervous and anxious! Just trying to make sure myself and my wife are prepared for a week at sea since this is our first cruise. I told her i wont relax until i get my first drink in my hand on the ship:D

I'm always nervous until the minute I step on board, too! Hope you have a great honeymoon!

my honeymoon vacation begins this weekend and I am getting very nervous and anxious! Just trying to make sure myself and my wife are prepared for a week at sea since this is our first cruise. I told her i wont relax until i get my first drink in my hand on the ship:D

Do you have a balcony?

I leave for my honeymoon cruise this Sunday! It's my hubby's first cruise but my 4th.

Don't be nervous! Just pack early, make sure you have all your legal documents, and HAVE FUN! The cruise isn't the part you should be nervous about, lol!

And Congratulations!

There's nothing to be worried about. Just board with an open mind, expect the unexpected, and don't let the little things bother you! There's no need to get involved in the myriad of dramas that may occur - ignore the naysayers and negativity and ENJOY your honeymoon!!!

Did you remember to,Have flowers sent to your room?;):p

yes and yes..i have a few more things up my sleeve but since she cruises the boards i have to be incognito :) i have quite a few things up my sleeve especially since her birthday falls during the cruise :) One question that I have.Are the clear id badges ok to use as luggage tags? i bought a few along with some locking tag fasteners to attach to the bags and the luggage tags that I printed fit perfectly. i know on the tag itself it says tape or staple them but I would prefer not to staple a piece of flimsy paper to my luggage

Nothing to be nervous about. Just remember to make sure you have acceptable identification, and put it in your pocket. If you used your passport when you did your on-line check in, they ask for it at embarkation, so make sure it's not in your checked luggage.

If you get on board early enough, you can have lunch on the ship. All the lines have their buffet open, but it's very busy. Some lines also open one of the main dining rooms. A much saner alternative. On my recent trip on CCL Liberty, the MDR was not open. I don't know if all their ships are that way or not.

A short while before you depart will be the muster drill, aka lifeboat drill. Your key will show you what station, a map on your cabin door will show the deck and area. You don't need to take your lifejacket. **TIP** Don't hurry down and be the first one to the drill. If you do, you'll be standing behind a hundred other folks, and you'll be the last one out. (And you want to get out when muster is over. )

Congrats on getting married (it is SO worth it) and have a great honeymoon. >Wink-wink, nudge-nudge<

Congrats on the Honeymoon! As far as the anxious or nervous feeling Just take a deep breath all will be fine! You will go and have a great time. Just remember to go with the flow of things and don't set the bar so high that things can't live up to it. Our 1st cruise we were expecting so much that we did not totally enjoy it 100%. So we gave it another try and had a Blast! Now we are Cruise Addicts!!!:p

Play the Newlywed game! You will have a great time... Enjoy your trip! And relax!

Don't be nervous!! Just make sure you have all your documents with you when you check-in. Don't have them in the checked bags!! Make sure you carry them with you when embarking!! Congrats on getting married!! I know you will have a wonderful honeymoon!! Cruises are addicting!! You will be booking your next one within a month of returning home:) Make sure you have a few DOD'S!!!

If your wife changed her name when you married, be sure the ID matches the name on the reservation. e.g. if the passport is in her maiden name, but the reservation in the married name, be sure she takes her marriage certificate. If she's using birth certificate and drivers' license, obviously the birth certificate will show the maiden name, and you need something to prove the name on the reservation is actually the same person as the name on the birth certificate.

yes and yes..i have a few more things up my sleeve but since she cruises the boards i have to be incognito :) i have quite a few things up my sleeve especially since her birthday falls during the cruise :) One question that I have.Are the clear id badges ok to use as luggage tags? i bought a few along with some locking tag fasteners to attach to the bags and the luggage tags that I printed fit perfectly. i know on the tag itself it says tape or staple them but I would prefer not to staple a piece of flimsy paper to my luggage

Good idea on the tag fasteners. I am the same way about the paper tags. I get the clear, wide plastic tape you can buy for mailing packages & use it to make sort of laminated tags. It isn't hard. That way they are strong, fairly tear proof and waterproof.

If your wife changed her name when you married, be sure the ID matches the name on the reservation. e.g. if the passport is in her maiden name, but the reservation in the married name, be sure she takes her marriage certificate. If she's using birth certificate and drivers' license, obviously the birth certificate will show the maiden name, and you need something to prove the name on the reservation is actually the same person as the name on the birth certificate.

thanks for bringing up this point. I tried to convince my wife to change everything over after the cruise but she insisted on doing so right after we got married. She has her original birth certificate and she is bringing along our marriage certificate to back up the ID issue

Play the Newlywed game! You will have a great time... Enjoy your trip! And relax!

Hahaha, my hubby and I got married on the Conquest in 04 and we played the Newlywed game...One of the questions was "When was the last time you made Whoopie" Hubby actually just looked at his watch. EVERYONE died laughing.

Bad part, my entire family was in the audience and our friend that was video taping it just said, so that is why you were late for breakfast. It was a great time!

To the OP, you will have a wonderful time, just remember to relax and everything works out! Congrats and enjoy :)

Archived