LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Hi All

This is just an idea and a suggestion.

We always put a printed itinerary in our bags in case they go ‘walk about’ at the airport or en-route to the ship.

It contains details of pre and post cruise accommodation together with contact numbers as appropriate.

We give a copy of these to our families should they need to contact us. I believe it is even more important on a TA where we will be at sea for 7 days.

The ship can be contacted by using the facility provided by www.DialAShip.com . This provides contact details for lots of cruise lines including RCI.

Very interestingly though is the availability of free phone (Toll Free) numbers that can be used from either the UK or US to contact the ship in place of the number published by RCI.

From the UK call 0800 169 9819

From the US call (888) 724 7447

From elsewhere call +1 732 335 3285 (this is the only number published by RCI).

You will need to enter valid credit card details once you have chosen the ship to be connected to and calls cost US$7.95 per minute.

The system will advise that the contact numbers for the RCI ships have changed.

For Liberty of the Seas it is now number 11.

You will be instructed to enter the number of the ship you require to be connected to followed by the pound key (#).

The ship numbers are:

1# - Adventure

2# - Allure

3# - Brilliance

4# - Enchantment

5# - Explorer

6# - Freedom

7# - Grandeur

8# - Independence

9# - Jewel

10# - Legend

11# - Liberty

12# - Majesty

13# - Mariner

14# - Monarch

15# - Navigator

16# - Oasis

17# - Radiance

18# - Rhapsody

19# - Serenade

20# - Splendour

21# - Vision

22# - Voyager

Attached is an example of the itinerary we will be putting in our bags and giving to family.

Hope it helps.

p.s. I can't attach a Word version of the itinerary because CC only accepts files with the .doc extension and this version is greater than the very small 19.5 kb file limit. The .docx version is only 18kb but CC doesn't recognise this latest Word file extension.

If you would like a copy in Word, please email me at peterhorton at btopenworld dot com

Itinerary for LibertyTA_PH.pdf

Hi All

This is just an idea and a suggestion.

We always put a printed itinerary in our bags in case they go ‘walk about’ at the airport or en-route to the ship.

It contains details of pre and post cruise accommodation together with contact numbers as appropriate.

We give a copy of these to our families should they need to contact us. I believe it is even more important on a TA where we will be at sea for 7 days.

The ship can be contacted by using the facility provided by www.DialAShip.com . This provides contact details for lots of cruise lines including RCI.

Very interestingly though is the availability of free phone (Toll Free) numbers that can be used from either the UK or US to contact the ship in place of the number published by RCI.

From the UK call 0800 169 9819

From the US call (888) 724 7447

From elsewhere call +1 732 335 3285 (this is the only number published by RCI).

You will need to enter valid credit card details once you have chosen the ship to be connected to and calls cost US$7.95 per minute.

The system will advise that the contact numbers for the RCI ships have changed.

For Liberty of the Seas it is now number 11.

You will be instructed to enter the number of the ship you require to be connected to followed by the pound key (#).

The ship numbers are:

1# - Adventure

2# - Allure

3# - Brilliance

4# - Enchantment

5# - Explorer

6# - Freedom

7# - Grandeur

8# - Independence

9# - Jewel

10# - Legend

11# - Liberty

12# - Majesty

13# - Mariner

14# - Monarch

15# - Navigator

16# - Oasis

17# - Radiance

18# - Rhapsody

19# - Serenade

20# - Splendour

21# - Vision

22# - Voyager

Attached is an example of the itinerary we will be putting in our bags and giving to family.

Hope it helps.

p.s. I can't attach a Word version of the itinerary because CC only accepts files with the .doc extension and this version is greater than the very small 19.5 kb file limit. The .docx version is only 18kb but CC doesn't recognise this latest Word file extension.

If you would like a copy in Word, please email me at peterhorton at btopenworld dot com

Peter your so organised, putting the rest of us to shame. We're on the later flight going out of Miami - giving us a couple more hours shopping. lol

We're being really sad this weekend - last night we were watching the ships leaving Port Everglades and this morning watching Royal Caribbean Cruises on the tv - badly need a cruise...............

Thinking of you both - Irene & Dick.

Mhairi

Peter, thanks for posting the contact info. I never realized that there was a seperate number to use from the UK. This is not usually an issue for us but will be this time since family will be in the UK while we are cruising.

Donna

Hi all, I just looked and realized I had not been on the CC boards since August 20th. I had to go all the way back to page 19 on this roll call and shudder to think of how long it will take to tackle the main roll call. So sorry to hear of the five hour surgery for the intercranial bleed, very scary. I just got back from several days at Cleveland Clinic with still no diagnosis, hoping to get some test results later this week. The weather has been crazy everywhere from what I can see. I am seriously considering taking the Loro tour too...is anyone doing the jeep 4x4 tour? I printed my set sail pass a while ago but my cruise docs are still not ready, I thought they would be good to go at 59 days out?

Just out of curiosity am I going to be the token lesbian at the friends of Dorothy meetings on board?

Hi all, I just looked and realized I had not been on the CC boards since August 20th. I had to go all the way back to page 19 on this roll call and shudder to think of how long it will take to tackle the main roll call. So sorry to hear of the five hour surgery for the intercranial bleed, very scary. I just got back from several days at Cleveland Clinic with still no diagnosis, hoping to get some test results later this week. The weather has been crazy everywhere from what I can see. I am seriously considering taking the Loro tour too...is anyone doing the jeep 4x4 tour? I printed my set sail pass a while ago but my cruise docs are still not ready, I thought they would be good to go at 59 days out?

Just out of curiosity am I going to be the token lesbian at the friends of Dorothy meetings on board?

Hi there, I hope your test results are positive.

Still waiting for our cruise docs too but Karen posted that according to RCI these may be available from around Sept 10th. I know ours depend on the flight tickets being issued too.

We're on the Loro park excursion in Tenerife.

Not sure about you being the token lesbian at any FOD meetings, it maybe that nobody else has found this roll call, but then again the community notice board will be utilised a great deal on this sailing I guess.

I forgot about this website..... check it out.

http://www.beyondships.com/RCI-LOS-tour-1.html

Hi Sherry, thanks for the reminder of this site, it's great to review again.

I have received some great info from another of our fellow sailors (Joy) regarding the itinerary idea and putting a copy in your bags.

These luggage tags were found a few years ago with “if lost please look inside” tags in 7 languages and have been used ever since with their printed itinerary inside. Didn't know if any of you guys have seen these or not. http://www.magellans.com/store/Luggage___Luggage_Accessories___Luggage_Locks___TagsLA316

They don't look like things we can easily get in the UK, but I'll do a search.

Also there were very good suggestions to expand the itinerary details to include personal contact details, not only your home details, but any specific telephone details whilst out of the US together with the Barcelona port details (which will be stated in your e-docs) and full details of the ports of call during the sailing.

A great final suggestion was that should your bags go missing and if they cannot be returned to the ship by the time we leave La Palma on the 4th Nov, then just ship them back to your choice of location, be that home or the airport you will be returning to.

Fantastic advice from one of our fellow sailors Joy, much appreciated.

OK, I'm off into the city to try and take advantage of the last of the sales of summer clothes etc. All the shops are now stocking their autumn/winter ranges and also for Christmas (already and it's only Sept!).

Also made a decision on Halloween and hopefully can get what I want that is practical to include in the bags and easy to carry!

Edited by peteukmcr

Good morning, I hope all the US posters are enjoying their long weekend. I've been really busy and just had a quick lurk here over the last few days. A bit quieter this week so lots of concentration on the script for the play in a month's time. It is such a big part with lots of complicated moves and long speeches, I just can't think about anything else. reading of other's plans and thoughts for LOST are as much as I can manage. A bit of escapism.

Have a good week everyone.

Corinne

Hillary....Good to see you posting again. I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you in a while. I hope you get news and resolution on your health issues soon.

Peter....David and I also decided what we will do for Halloween. We are just packing a few small things to acknowledge the holiday and add some fun. Not a large investment in either time or money on our part. My motto, keep it simple!;)

We're having a great holiday weekend. I just posted some pics on my facebook page of David's birthday BBQ, which was at DDs home. We had a blast!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good Morning/ afternoon all,

Weather here in southern california turned to clouds and a few showers for what was supposed to be a warm beach weekend :(. It was so depressing we resorted to shopping for end of season deals on shorts and swimwear at the local beach shops :D. Also started the Halloween costume hunt ;).

MORNING.....enjoyed the photos Karen.... I always enjoy others photos and I have been known to post a few myself :D

JILL Boring weekend for me I hate that Ivor always works on the Holidays....just went to Sams Club yesterday bought things I didn't need, what's new !!!!

PAUL our weather is hot and sunny and cooling down a VERY little...hopefully under a 100 soon.

HILARY hope to hear good news from you....

We are sitting here under a flood warning. The remains of Lee are heading to Charlotte. A lot of community activities have been cancelled. Hopefully this wont be too bad.

Karen, I cant believe how big Max has gotten. He is adorable.

Instead of bbq for today with the impending rain, Ive pulled the crockpot out and Ive tried a new recipe that I found on Facebook. I did learn that there are now crockpot liners that are disposable so the whole scrub it out chore is no more. Amazing what you can learn on Facebook!!

Hillary, hope you get good news soon.

Happy Labor Day to all who are celebrating.

Donna

Peter....David and I also decided what we will do for Halloween. We are just packing a few small things to acknowledge the holiday and add some fun. Not a large investment in either time or money on our part. My motto, keep it simple!;)
Oh I wish I knew the meaning of the phrase 'keep it simple', the more I look the more complex it gets!:D

Peter thanks for all the info.
Sandy, you're most welcome.

Weather here in southern california turned to clouds and a few showers for what was supposed to be a warm beach weekend :(. It was so depressing we resorted to shopping for end of season deals on shorts and swimwear at the local beach shops :D. Also started the Halloween costume hunt ;).
Paul, sorry to hear the weather hasn't co-operated. Seems like you guys are doing the same as me with the end of season deals. I'm now set for a 'white party' if they have one, and if not I'll have my own!

As for Halloween, I'm on the hunt too and the one I wanted is not in stock and not likely to be either, even though there's 8 weeks to go before Halloween, so I may have to go for an alternate design.

Good morning, I hope all the US posters are enjoying their long weekend. I've been really busy and just had a quick lurk here over the last few days. A bit quieter this week so lots of concentration on the script for the play in a month's time. It is such a big part with lots of complicated moves and long speeches, I just can't think about anything else. reading of other's plans and thoughts for LOST are as much as I can manage. A bit of escapism.

Have a good week everyone.

Corinne

Hi Corinne, good to hear from you and totally understand the work that must be required for learning lines etc. Hope it goes well.

Good Morning All & Happy Labor Day (although DH is working)...

Very steamy out, but sun is shining...Have a condo party to go to this afternoon...

Hillary: Hope your test results are good and come back soon...

Will Check in Later...

Jill, I hope you enjoy your party. I wish the sun was shining here, but no chance. In the UK we're no discussing where was the summer?

JILL Boring weekend for me I hate that Ivor always works on the Holidays....just went to Sams Club yesterday bought things I didn't need, what's new !!!!
Oh Sherry, why am I not surprised at your purchases!:D At least mine are needed - shorts for cruise, after sun products for cruise, shower gel for cruise, shaving gel for cruise...you get the picture, and a new frying pan, mmm not for the cruise obviously!:D

We are sitting here under a flood warning. The remains of Lee are heading to Charlotte. A lot of community activities have been cancelled. Hopefully this wont be too bad.

Karen, I cant believe how big Max has gotten. He is adorable.

Instead of bbq for today with the impending rain, Ive pulled the crockpot out and Ive tried a new recipe that I found on Facebook. I did learn that there are now crockpot liners that are disposable so the whole scrub it out chore is no more. Amazing what you can learn on Facebook!!

Hillary, hope you get good news soon.

Happy Labor Day to all who are celebrating.

Donna

Donna, sorry to hear about the flood warning. Stay safe.

Peter anything on the job front or are you getting used to being a kept man ? :D
Hi George, no news on the job front unfortunately, but thanks for asking.

As for being a kept man, mmm, at the rate of £67.50 per week from the Dept of Work and Pensions, courtesy of the Job Centre Plus, I don't think so! And that will end in Feb as they have informed me. What then is another matter and from Nov they may also change their mind as this is the end of my 'permitted period' during which they can't force me to consider anything other than in my previous field of expertise. After this they can make me go for any job, even on the minimum wage or stop the Job Seekers Allowance.

It's a good job the statutory redundancy payment and pay in lieu of notice will keep us solvent until early 2012.

Edited by peteukmcr

MORNING.....enjoyed the photos Karen.... I always enjoy others photos and I have been known to post a few myself :D

PAUL our weather is hot and sunny and cooling down a VERY little...hopefully under a 100 soon.

HILARY hope to hear good news from you....

Hey Sherry, Larry says he can fax you over a list of things he needs. That way you won't have to buy stuff you don't need.:)

Poor Ivor working all the holidays how well I remember doing that.

We are not doing anything exciting here either....

The Monday Funnies

MONDAY

The mother of a 17-year-old girl was concerned that her daughter was having sex...

Worried the girl might become pregnant and adversely impact the family's status, she consulted the family doctor.

The doctor told her that teenagers today were very willful and any attempt to stop the girl would probably result in rebellion. He then told her to arrange for her daughter to be put on birth control and until then, talk to her and give her a box of condoms.

Later that evening, as her daughter was preparing for a date, the mother told her about the situation and handed her a box of condoms.

The girl burst out laughing and reached over to hug her mother, saying,

'Oh Mom! You don't have to worry about that! I'm dating Susan!'

The Monday Funnies

MONDAY

The mother of a 17-year-old girl was concerned that her daughter was having sex...

Worried the girl might become pregnant and adversely impact the family's status, she consulted the family doctor.

The doctor told her that teenagers today were very willful and any attempt to stop the girl would probably result in rebellion. He then told her to arrange for her daughter to be put on birth control and until then, talk to her and give her a box of condoms.

Later that evening, as her daughter was preparing for a date, the mother told her about the situation and handed her a box of condoms.

The girl burst out laughing and reached over to hug her mother, saying,

'Oh Mom! You don't have to worry about that! I'm dating Susan!'

I think that warrants a ...

G R O A N