LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

George,

Sorry for what happen but Char and I will be looking to meet you on board.

Sam

George~ please do come up to me and introduce yourself. I think I would recognize you though. :)

Ok, we are packing now for......going from Chicago to Miami tomorrow for our "practice cruise".....a 5-day leaving Monday on Celebrity Millenium. We'll be back to Chicago next Saturday to unpack/repack before leaving for Barcelona......see you all soon! (out of 25 cruises, 23 have been

RCCL and this is only our 2nd on Celebrity, so we'll see how it goes....)

Oh George, how horrid and nasty. I don't know who the person is but be sure I will avoid them if I find out. Life is too short for such unpleasantness. Please be assured that we love you and have enjoyed your company in past, sober and otherwise. ;)

Lots of love, Corinne

We are Bernie and Cecelia from Monroe NJ. We are on the 10/26 Continental flight, Newark to Barcelona. Do we correctly understand your post that there are other L.O.S.T. cruisers on that flight?

HI,

We're Sandy & Ben and our cousins are on the flight that leaves NJ at 7 something at night, arrives in Barcelona at 9:15AM. I know there's a few others on that flight too.

SEE you at the airport............

George, I urge you to not let someone else control what you do. I hope that you decide to continue post here. If you dont you will be surely missed for your humor and expertise. We will be looking for you on board no matter what. Im going to go to the facebook board and see if I can figure out who I would avoid!!

Donna

I looked at the "event" for the cruise on Facebook and did not see the stuff that so upset George. George, please stay on the CC board, you've contributed lots of good info and good humor. Your humor has been particluarly great since it comes from a different perspective than some of us here! We don't get a lot of British humor in the states.

Looking forward to meeting you on board.

Sherry, other than the illegal file-sharing sites, the best place for movies for your idevice is itunes. Just plug in your ipad to your computer and when itunes opens go to the store and buy away. No need for HD version. You can also pre-rent. With rentals you have 48 hours to watch them after you start to watch so don't start until on the plane or ship.

Mike, invitation is still open for a beer or ice cream some night before we meet on the ship. If we can't connect, will be great to finally meet you and Bill in a couple of weeks.

Bill, many thanks for your work. Also, big thanks to Gay.

George, really appreciate your wit. As to the Cubby Hole ;).

Off to see what fits :mad: and start packing :D.

Thanks Paul I found it.... I was going to download movies to watch on the plane but found out our long flight has those ones with the screens on the back of the seat in front and usually you get a good choice of programming...I still may get one for the 41/2 flight to Philly as USair doesn't show movies on those flights....

Sherry I decided to bring my CD player & a few CD's with me so I can listen to music during the long flight from Philly.

George, I don't know what happened, but please stay with our board, I have enjoyed your reviews etc.

Paul thank you, I have enjoyed handling the Roll Call for everyone and Bill did a fantastic job in setting up the spreadsheet. We worked together with all the incoming information.:)

Serious packing will get underway this week.

Gay

Hi all and happy Saturday Night......Well, I can say we have officially started thinking about what to bring with us on the Cruise. Stated at the Wal-Mart with Underware and socks and Underware T-shirts.....I think everything else can come from the closets. We are doing everything very strange......Since half of our clothes are in the desert....half at the Beach....Today (Sunday) we load up the truck with clothes and suitcases....bring them home for the week....combine with what is in HB......put everything in the suitcases...weigh them......bring all back to the desert next weekend....wash everything......Lay out the clothes in the extra rooms for the week......leave again for 4 days and then finally on Thursday, the 27th...we come back to the desert for the night...put everything in the suitcases and we are on a 6:30 am flight out of Palm Springs International...which is the BEST airport to fly in and out of. Sounds way too confusing but will work out fine...Just hoping all of the flights work for us. Sad thing..we are going to do the same next Year as we have booked the Mariner out of Rome going to Galveston....But the Itinerary I feel is much better. Looking forward to both cruises. :)

Mike

Hey George,

I say...Let it go and continue to be your self. Bill and I have have had those kind of experiences on the ship and me on the boards....I actually got a reminder about being NICE on the boards....

On our Oasis Cruise...we were always looked down on by these 2 Retired Couples from Florida as we seem to attract all of the fun People in the CL....we were socializing, drinking laughing and having FUN!!!!....and these 4 people were always by themselves...every night....I guess you can say...Bill and I are not " FANCY " enough for the CL....but RCL made the rules so we take advantage of the "GOOD LIFE " of the CL.

Continue on...your input is important to all....and the first Cosmo in the CL is on me...Sorry, can't do at the pool bar...$$$$$$ Ha ha ha! :eek:

Mike

Evening Mike, so you got better flights out of PS then John Wayne or LAX. For us we can't justify traveling 2 + hrs to LAX getting a Hotel, with food and gas to save $200 on air fare. We prefer to have the convenience of flying in and out of our own Int Airport.

We leave at 6:45 AM on the 25th on US Air.

Gay

Evening Mike, so you got better flights out of PS then John Wayne or LAX. For us we can't justify traveling 2 + hrs to LAX getting a Hotel, with food and gas to save $200 on air fare. We prefer to have the convenience of flying in and out of our own Int Airport.

We leave at 6:45 AM on the 25th on US Air.

Gay

Hi Gay...yep.....as you know...PSP is a piece of cake...and you are actually 7 minutes away...we are 12 minutes. So we work 4 days...leave Huntington about 7:30 pm on Thursday night...will be out here at 9:30...put everything in the suitcases....try to be in bed by Midnight...up about 4:45 am....PSP by 5:45 am and the flight to Dallas leaves at 6:25 am. Going to be a very long day....but that is life. No Cocktails on Thursday night... :( Can't beleive it is almost here. Went to the Dollar tree store tonight...They have Boas for a buck...but no Pink ones..I saw Pink about 3 weeks ago so I might look in OC this week. They weigh nothing so I can bring a few with me to give out if i can find. If you get a chance, go by and see if they might restock...saw lots of Pink stuff in there...Gay pride in PS is coming up when we are gone...so it might be the right time of year.

Mike

Mike ~ Hello just wanted to say we met some past cruising pals of yours on the ALlure of the Seas a few weeks ago. Fay and Chuck said to say hello as well as Janice and Patrick. They said such nice things about you and I look forward to meeting you myself.

Yes I will have a pink boa but so will many others so if you are at the Sail away get together I will have my special tshirt on pink of course with my name on it. Please come up to me so I can meet you.

That goes for anyone else here too :) :) :)

Hi Emmy, we will for sure meet up...Janice has nothing but nice things to say about you...Plus I saw you and her on the Video from the Inagural Oasis cruise...You are a STAR!!. Also, our buddies live in Toronto..been a few years since we have been up there....but you Canadians are GOOD PEOPLE! ha ha ha

Mike

Mike, what a chatty poster you were last night :). Those plans for packing involving travelling back and forth between two houses sound exhausting. I am so glad all I have to do is go up and down between the utility room and the spare bedroom. ;)

So, in addition to 2 church services, it is a clearout time for me. We will be away for 6 weeks, returning only 2 weeks before Christmas. Today I shall defrost the freezer. It is an upright one in the garage and tends to get quite frosty. As that is not a fuel efficient way to leave it, it will be better cleaned out and we can also eat up some of the stuff in there!

Happy Sunday Everyone.

Corinne

Good Morning

First of all Thank You for your Support on here and your many emails.

I am not going to sit back and let IGNORANT PEOPLE annoy me and keep me off the boards :p

I will as stated be at the D event every evening but will not roll out drunk (never have done)

I also do have a bar bill as I am fond of a few beers during the day and will be found in the champagne bar in the evening after the shows having a Rusty Nail or two.

I have Spent a Hell of a lot of money with RCCL over the last ten years to get to my Diamond plus status both on cruises and my onboard spending.

I am a very grounded person and have never tried to be something that I am not - Yes I can now afford to travel more and fly Business but this is due to the fact that I recently lost the two people in my life who I loved so much, and have no dependants to leave my estate.

Once again THANK YOU ALL

I will be back on the boards as I do enjoy sharing cruise tips, daily life tales, the odd funny story.

Edited by scotsman

Good Morning

I am not going to sit back and let IGNORANT PEOPLE annoy me and keep me off the boards :p

I will as stated be at the D event every evening but will not roll out drunk (never have done)

I also do have a bar bill as I am fond of a few beers during the day and will be found in the champagne bar in the evening after the shows having a Rusty Nail or two.

I have Spent a Hell of a lot of money with RCCL over the last ten years to get to my Diamond plus status both on cruises and my onboard spending.

I am a very grounded person and have never tried to be something that I am not - Yes I can now afford to travel more and fly Business but this is due to the fact that I recently lost the two people in my life who I loved so much, and have no dependants to leave my estate.

Once again THANK YOU ALL

I will be back on the boards as I do enjoy sharing cruise tips, daily life tales, the odd funny story.

Good on you, George! I for one, can vouch for the fact that not once was George "rolling drunk" any of the times we spent together in the D lounge on the vision. We all had a good laugh and a fun time and I hope this will be repeated on this cruise.......

Geoffrey is still in quite a lot of pain from his op, but is making slow progress. I do hope he will be a lot better by the time we leave for the cruise.

I haven't even thought about what to take never mind starting packing but I must start very soon otherwise it will be too late!!

A guy gets his paycheck on Friday and decides to head to Vegas for the weekend without telling his wife.

When he returned home Monday...drunk and broke....his wife was understandably furious!

"How would you like it if you didn't see ME for 3 days" she screamed!

"Sounds pretty good to me" he replied...

So....he didn't see her on Monday, he didn't see her on Tuesday, he didn't see her on Wednesday.

On Thursday....the swelling had gone down enough that he could sort of see her out of the corner of his right eye!!!

Mike the Boxing Ring sounds a great idea to me

Wow I missed quite a bit the past couple of days.

Good Morning

George, glad you are back. Perhaps one night before dinner we can roll out drunk together? It can be a first for both of us!!! :D:p:p:p:D See you soon.

Mike,

Are you bringing a wetsuit? Last year on our TA it got chilly so I have borrowed a short sleeve one from a friend. Just not sure what weather might be and don't want to miss any time on the wave during the "advanced surfing" sessions when there is usually one 5-8 people surfing.

Vic

Here I am hopping in to tell you I wish I was going, but guess that wasn't supposed to happen. Also Yeah for you George. BTW, yes i know what the Cubby Hole is. Any NC partner knows that stuff, even when she's a toad.