Tender to Port on Greece Stops

jonrs

Can anyone tell me which ports on the Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, Katakolon, Venice route that had to use a tender to get from the ship to the town or port area?

With all the hassles reported with that, just trying to allow for that time in our schedule.

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me which ports on the Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, Katakolon, Venice route that had to use a tender to get from the ship to the town or port area?

With all the hassles reported with that, just trying to allow for that time in our schedule.

Thanks!

Santorini is a tender port, so is Split and Argostoli. Mykonos may or may not be a tender port depending on the number of ships in port that day.

Athens, Corfu, Katakolon and Dubrovnik are NOT tender ports. Istanbul and Epehsus are not tender ports.

Hope this helps.

Terri

As someone mentioned, at Mykonos you might dock or be tendered. This is the only port I've been to where I'd rather tender than dock. If you tender, you get off right where all the stores/restaurants are. If you dock, you need to ride a bus to get to the far end of where all the action is. Some cruise lines charge for this bus shuttle (in 2009, Celebrity charged $10 pp for the full day.)

Every ship tenders at Santorini. Unless you are on a ship tour where you may get dropped off at a different location, you will then have to get up to the top of the cliff by cable car, mule, or walking up 600 steps. So Santorini has 2 bottlenecks. If other ships are there, the wait to get up/down the cliff will be longer.

Archived