Port Canaveral...What to do?

webfoot3

We are sailing on the Pride in October and our first stop is Port Canaveral. We lived in central Florida for over 10 years so Disney and the KSC are places we have been many times. On the map of the port I see some shops and a park out by the inlet. Is there and trams to get around on? Thought of renting a car, but I can't think of any place we want to drive to. Has anyone made this stop and had a unexpected adventure? We could really use some help here.

Thanks for any ideas you might have.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

The new area where they set up "shops" isn't really large. While worth walking through if you love beachy things, it won't take up much of your time.

Grills and Fish Lips are both great places to spend a relaxing time having a meal or drinks and watching the activity in port, if that's something that interests you.

I do agree though, make a nice beach day of it and grab the shuttle to Cocoa Beach. Airboat rides are pretty nice adventures, but it's a little warm right now for that in my opinion.

If you haven't been to the space center in several years, there may be some things there that could interest you, especially the simulator experience. Always something nice at IMAX, too.

Hope you have a good time!

My advice...stay on the ship! That's what we did...hardly anyone on board...we played putt putt several times, swam in the pool, went to the spa for the spa "value" prices...it was great. If you want the beach, I know there are shuttles that will take you to Cocoa Beach.

Archived